One of the better, and funnier GOP flip flops in the era of the Trump cult

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Rick Perry: I regret calling for end of the Energy Department

"Rick Perry once famously forgot that the Energy Department was on the list of government agencies he would like to shut down. On Thursday, Perry asked a group of senators for their approval to lead the organization, stating that he regrets calling for the agency's elimination.

"My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking," Perry said. "In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination.""

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Rick Perry: I regret calling for the end of the Energy Department - CNNPolitics.com

"Rick Perry once famously forgot that the Energy Department was on the list of government agencies he would like to shut down. On Thursday, Perry asked a group of senators for their approval to lead the organization, stating that he regrets calling for the agency's elimination.

"My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking," Perry said. "In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination.""

Rick Perry: I regret calling for the end of the Energy Department - CNNPolitics.com
yeah, but with Tillison in charge of the DoS, Energy may be redundant. Although, will Oil and Gas then be our foreign policy? LOL

Tell dimocrap scum what they want to hear, then when you're confirmed.....

Do what you gotta do.

Lying to dimocrap scum is not a sin, it is God's Work.

And I'm not even religious

LOL. just think what would happen if those "eliminate everything"-barkers were briefed about the things they claim to be in need of elimination.

LOL. just think what would happen if those "eliminate everything"-barkers were briefed about the things they claim to be in need of elimination.
Never heard of a 'eliminate everything' anybody.

Or have some idea of what is expected of them in the function to which they are being appointed...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/us/politics/rick-perry-energy-secretary-donald-trump.html

WASHINGTON — When President-elect Donald J. Trump offered Rick Perry the job of energy secretary five weeks ago, Mr. Perry gladly accepted, believing he was taking on a role as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry that he had long championed in his home state.

In the days after, Mr. Perry, the former Texas governor, discovered that he would be no such thing — that in fact, if confirmed by the Senate, he would become the steward of a vast national security complex he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.

Two-thirds of the agency’s annual $30 billion budget is devoted to maintaining, refurbishing and keeping safe the nation’s nuclear stockpile; thwarting nuclear proliferation; cleaning up and rebuilding an aging constellation of nuclear production facilities; and overseeing national laboratories that are considered the crown jewels of government science.

and here is where the NYT reporter cranks The Snark to 11........but in a way which is not apparent to the Slack Jawed Drudge enthusiast who will be led to the article.

It's awesome...watch..

Mr. Perry, who once called for the elimination of the Energy Department, will begin the confirmation process Thursday with a hearing before the Senate Energy Committee. If approved by the Senate, he will take over from a secretary, Ernest J. Moniz, who was chairman of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology physics department and directed the linear accelerator at M.I.T.’s Laboratory for Nuclear Science. Before Mr. Moniz, the job belonged to Steven Chu, a physicist who won a Nobel Prize.

Note the similarities

Nobel Laureate in Physics

followed by

Chairman of MIT Physics Dept

to be succeeded by

Mayor of N*ggerhead

No....really!

May G*d strike me dead if I'm lying.....

Yep. Push comes to shove and their ideals fall away to the desire for power.

I dunno that BP should be in charge of oil well safety.

Do what you gotta do.

You're also not literate.

Do what you gotta do.

The above might just be the best summation ever of what a typical modern American rightwinger is about.

I dunno that BP should be in charge of oil well safety.

If we're going to hold them accountable for it, they have to be.

If, on the other hand, we put government in charge of oil well safety, BP is off the hook.

Am sorry, just being a republican is not a good enough reason to give a man a job he is not qualified for.

Forum List

Back