One of the best perks of being a doc on the coast of Maine...

And if I was in New Jersey, I'd get scabies.

We used to have shrimp and crawfish down here on the Gulf.

And blue crab......God am I craving some fresh blue crab :(

Really?

I always bought farm-raised shrimp from Thailand, and I still do: $5/2 lbs at Wal-Mart.:eusa_whistle:
I often pay my Dr. Bills in shrimp.

Or Pork.

Depending on the treatment, maybe even shrimpy pork.:redface:

never discuss fine food with me again.....your cooking is only as good as your ingrediants

o sure you did....another doctor or a patient was selling...you are vague....

you know there are people like me who cant take vicadin or loritabs and must have percodan or perocset

do you have any clue how hard it is for doctors to write me a script that works? the doctors balance the need for the pain killers and how fast you get addicted. i have had two situation where i had to have them for 30 days....day 35 sucks. day 40 i can face most of life again. but i do appreciate doctors who realize i dont need to be in pain cause i have the odd reaction to most pain killers.

i really resist the fda for this. i resent the drug abusers who caused this.

I'll prescribe Percocet...just not frivolously in exchange for lobster.

Happy to read you're not a croaker, X.

How about a script for medical marijuana?

No bribe, just exchange for your normal fee and simply because its the medically the right script for the patient.

You down with that?

No shrimp is better than a Gulf of Maine shrimp.

If you want to debate this fact, I will have to ask you to BRING IT.

They are sweet as can be, but the Maine Shrimp are so tiny compared to the gulf's.....at least the ones that I have had.

$5 bucks a fresh maine lobster from the lobster shack near me....sometimes only $4.50....they may not be free, but still a great value.

i just cant buy into farm raised.....the shrimp off the coast of nc are good.....the yankee shrimp kick ass.....but my favorite is the gulf...i think its my desire to be in new orleans....i still would love to move there...(da man points out this is an ongoing meaningless fantasy as i hate rats)

they are overran with different vermin, rats, nuteria (sp) dog sized rats....the trash being left on the sidewalk (no containers) does not help the problem...

i just cant buy into farm raised.....the shrimp off the coast of nc are good.....the yankee shrimp kick ass.....but my favorite is the gulf...i think its my desire to be in new orleans....i still would love to move there...(da man points out this is an ongoing meaningless fantasy as i hate rats)

they are overran with different vermin, rats, nuteria (sp) dog sized rats....the trash being left on the sidewalk (no containers) does not help the problem...

Then go ahead and pay BIG$$$ for a product that really isn't any different: Why should a shrimp from thailand taste any different in a gumbo, or ettouffe, than any other shrimp?

They are sweet as can be, but the Maine Shrimp are so tiny compared to the gulf's.....at least the ones that I have had.

That's why they call them "shrimp".

If you want shrimp because you need an edible spoon to scoop up your cocktail sauce, eat gulf shrimp.

If you want shrimp because you like the taste of shrimp, eat Maine shrimp.

Ok I'v sealed a frozen Thai shrimp in an envelope.

What's your address?

I said BRING IT...not MAIL IT.

Maybe next summer.

I've been dreaming of Visiting Maine and challenging the locals to a taste-off of Thai Raised Shrimp, going to Jerusalem's Lot, and Stalking Care4all.

Forum List

Back