One Of My Favorite "Neocons"

The more I read about Horowitz, the more I like him. In case anybody doesn't know the term "Neocon" was originally used to describe former 60s radical leftists (mostly Jews) who left that stupidity and became Conservatives. Although nowadays most all the libs use it to describe most all conservatives, even those who were never leftists. :cuckoo: Horowitz says the turning point for him was the murder by the Black panthers (although it was never proven) of an acquaintance Betty Van Patter whom Horowitz hooked up with a job as a book for them. This guy as had a hell of a from life being raised by communist parents to be a conservative "crusader" against the left and the leftists ideology that is most of college academia

Horowitz and Intellectual Terrorism at UCLA

dh-speech-7.gif

Last Wednesday, evening the Freedom Center’s David Horowitz gave a much anticipated and ferociously opposed presentation before a crowd of more than 300 people at Moore Hall at the University of California at Los Angeles. The event was hosted by the Bruin Republicans, self-described as “the only officially right-of-center organization on the UCLA campus” – which is a good, albeit disheartening, indicator of the very issue Horowitz has been addressing on hundreds of campuses across this country, and which was the evening’s topic: the fact that our institutions of supposedly higher learning are utterly dominated by intolerant progressive academics who are ill-serving and mentally straight-jacketing their students.

Horowitz’s speech was as blunt as the title of his presentation – “Intellectual Terrorism: The Left’s War on Free Speech.” Pacing back and forth at the front of the hall, he was revved up right out of the gate and became even more impassioned as he went on. He began the wide-ranging, forty-minute speech with a condemnation of academics who indoctrinate rather than teach (“The students who suffer most are those of you who are on the left, because your assumptions are never challenged.”) Among other topics, he went on to decry campus anti-Semitism and to identify Islam as the greatest oppressor of women and gays in the world today. He delivered a myth-busting history of “Palestine” and a concise explanation of his opposition to slavery reparations a hundred years after the fact. And he attacked the Muslim Student Association, ubiquitous on major college campuses, as a creation of the Muslim Brotherhood, a supporter of the terrorist organization Hamas and the sponsor of Israel Apartheid weeks across the country.

He was flanked throughout the speech by very visible security – a tragic necessity for Horowitz, who is a lightning rod for some of the most bilious hatred that has ever been directed at a conservative public figure. He regularly receives threats prior to speaking engagements and has in fact been physically attacked. This is the inevitable result of his having once been a radical leftist himself, for the Left is only marginally more forgiving of its apostates than fundamentalist Muslims are of theirs.

Horowitz and Intellectual Terrorism at UCLA | FrontPage Magazine

I doubt you know the difference between a neocon and neon light.

:doubt: Sorry I’m no libertarian and don't believe in that isolationist bullshit, Get your noise out of Ron Paul's ass and look up were the term Neocon originated

:doubt: Sorry I’m no libertarian and don't believe in that isolationist bullshit, Get your noise out of Ron Paul's ass and look up were the term Neocon originated

More dumbfuckness from you. Libertarians do not advocate isolationism. In fact, they advocate the opposite.

However, idiots get lost on this simple and obvious fact.

The more I read about Horowitz, the more I like him. In case anybody doesn't know the term "Neocon" was originally used to describe former 60s radical leftists (mostly Jews) who left that stupidity and became Conservatives. Although nowadays most all the libs use it to describe most all conservatives, even those who were never leftists. :cuckoo: Horowitz says the turning point for him was the murder by the Black panthers (although it was never proven) of an acquaintance Betty Van Patter whom Horowitz hooked up with a job as a book for them. This guy as had a hell of a from life being raised by communist parents to be a conservative "crusader" against the left and the leftists ideology that is most of college academia

"Neo-Conservative" doesn't mean "former leftist turned Conservative".

Neo-Conservatism is focused on foreign policy. Neo-cons support spending billions to destroy, then re-build nations.

The roots of the movement came from people who left the Democratic party in the 70s (when the Democratic party shifted to the left, and away from support of the Vietnam war).

Irving Kristol, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle - none of them were ever "60s radicals".

:eusa_eh: Look it up again genius

Neo-Conservatism is focused on foreign policy. Neo-cons support spending billions to destroy, then re-build nations.

The roots of the movement came from people who left the Democratic party in the 70s (when the Democratic party shifted to the left, and away from support of the Vietnam war).

Irving Kristol, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle - none of them were ever "60s radicals".

Yeah, I did. You're still wrong.

Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're really interested, read Neoconservatism: The Autobiography of an Idea by Irving Kristol, the first person to embrace the term.

Last edited:

Yeah, I did. You're still wrong.

Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're really interested, read Neoconservatism: The Autobiography of an Idea by Irving Kristol, the first person to embrace the term.

If you know anything about Jews in this country you'd know that most are leftist, Sad for me to say.:( Athough it has changed since the sixtees, and is changing as we speak. Krystal's familiy were leftist and so was Krystal at a young age..Like I said look it up....

Back in America in 1947, he was appointed managing editor of Commentary, a monthly political and cultural magazine that had been founded by the American Jewish Committee two years earlier. Kristol's path from radical leftist, to liberal, to neoconservative, took place during his time as editor in the early 1950s, and he displayed all the zeal of the convert.

Irving Kristol - Telegraph

Forum List

Back