One of Howard Dean's Famous Blunders

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
I just came across this and remembered back when he said this. I don't know how I remembered it since he made several innapropriate remarks in his career in politics.

Twice during his run for the nomination, Dean offended scores of black voters. One comment was made in response to a question by a black voter who asked why black Americans should continue to vote for Democrats. Dean responded by saying " You think the Republican Party could fill up a room with people of color? Only if they got the hotel staff". Dean stated that he wanted to be supported by "guys who drive pickup trucks with Confederate Flags on them".

What a damn moron. I though Democrats were supposed to be racially tolerant?

I just came across this and remembered back when he said this. I don't know how I remembered it since he made several innapropriate remarks in his career in politics.

Twice during his run for the nomination, Dean offended scores of black voters. One comment was made in response to a question by a black voter who asked why black Americans should continue to vote for Democrats. Dean responded by saying " You think the Republican Party could fill up a room with people of color? Only if they got the hotel staff". Dean stated that he wanted to be supported by "guys who drive pickup trucks with Confederate Flags on them".

What a damn moron. I though Democrats were supposed to be racially tolerant?

So if you think you can summarize a party by one person's comments, then do you think it would be fair for me to summarize the rupublican party as neocon facist constitution shreaders based on a few posts I've read by you?

BTW: Dean isn't relevant anymore. Harping on the last election is just going to give the democrats a LARGER margin of victory in 2008.

Forum List

Back