One more time... SIMPLE arithmetic people... PLEASE PLEASE prove these numbers are wrong!!!

Yes I am, and would go one step further.

If you are obese, and on government assistance for food and healthcare, you should be given a menu, educated in how to prepare healthy meals, and told to lose weight or lose benefits.

I am all for an authoritarian approach to the dependent class.

yes, and those able bodied people receiving welfare should be required to do some kind of civil work to receive it, clean the streets, wash police cars, sweep the city hall. etc.
They do not need menial work like that, they need job skills building work, if that means residential work centers out in the National Forests.

FDR did a great job with CCC, WPA, etc.

Obama is not about putting people to work, he is about making "chillin" an occupation.

requiring welfare recipients to do menial work will make them want to better themselves so they no longer have to do menial work. But I go agree that some form of mandatory job training as a prerequsite for receiving welfare would also make sense.

CCC and WPA were primarily menial jobs, one group digging a ditch and the next group filling it back up. There was no job training at all. IMHO, FDR did more harm than good to this country.

California s Living New Deal Project

WPA Depression-era projects had lasting impact - The Sun Chronicle Local News

http://www.sc.edu/uscpress/books/2011/3984x.pdf

Maybe Redfish would like to reconsider his remarks and offer up an explanation as to who or where he gets the incorrect information he posts?

my information comes from relatives who were involved in those projects. Not from some propaganda websites and left wing media.

My information is factual---------yours is, well, propaganda and lies.

You just said your "information comes from relatives".

Nothing factual about anecdotes about the good old days.

:link::link::link:

Redfish, one more example of a brainwashed Con too dishonest to even recognize the truth when provided with probative evidence; One more fool who parrots history revised by the Ministry of Truth, a K St. effort to assassinate the character of every Democratic President in the 20th Century. Dirt bags who even characterize President Lincoln as an evil murderer.

It's time to recognize and call out liars and fools, faux patriots whose values are in sharp contrast to mainstream Americans, and who abuse the Rights of the First and Second Amendments to our Constitution.

The whole emphasis is totally misplaced. Insurance is a bargain. It is actually cheap. The problem lies with the medical provider industry. They are a greedy bunch.

I had three stints placed in my legs three weeks ago. I just received the hospital bill. The bill is $81,729.00. This is only the hospital bill and does not include the radiologist, the anesthesiologist, or the cardiologist, etc. They will bill separately. Now I realize the hospital will finally receive no where even close to what they have billed since they are required to accept their agreed to schedule of payment from Medicare with the remainder of the negotiated payment passed on to my major insurance carrier. Still, this is an outrageous amount to even submit. For just two hours use of the hospital's caterization lab, the hospital charged $51, 728.00. I just thank the good Lord that I have affordable quality insurance. None of this will cost me one dime in copay or other charges.

HM, we could not convince you that you are wrong up unto this point and we never shall.

I give up - you are right!

Now please, get some shut-eye.

Forum List

Back