One more Russian's here..

I asked you if you can mention some general freedoms you suppose me not to have...

It seems you in USA have more restrictions than we here

Can you say Putin is gay? BTW...Welcome...good to have you here.

I asked you if you can mention some general freedoms you suppose me not to have...

I wouldn't know what your freedoms are ... I don't study Russian domestic policy.

You seem to suggest there is some kind of significant difference ... I suggested we could think the same about you.
Since you are just as free to own firearms, travel, and enjoy the same opportunities ... I cannot see were you are saying we are any different than you.

If we have the same freedoms ... That certainly wouldn't mean you are any better.
What exactly are the freedoms you think you have that I don't?

In Russia freedom is more likely to be regulated in public by the public than law enforcement. Law enforcement usually is only concerned with serious crime, unless they are looking for bribe money. In USA law enforcement are control freaks who want to control all freedoms in public. American cops make up their own laws to push and boss Americans around. Try to record them in public with your cell phone and you might get arrested, charged with made up offenses. If you are black you might get shot just for being black.

In Russia freedom is more likely to be regulated in public by the public than law enforcement. Law enforcement usually is only concerned with serious crime, unless they are looking for bribe money. In USA law enforcement are control freaks who want to control all freedoms in public. American cops make up their own laws to push and boss Americans around. Try to record them in public with your cell phone and you might get arrested, charged with made up offenses. If you are black you might get shot just for being black.

Lol ... You know about as much about America (at least where I live) as I do Russia ... But thanks for your input anyway.

For instance ... Law enforcement is mostly local and not federal.
We don't even have police where I live ... Just Sheriff's Deputies (and the sheriff is elected, not appointed).

Federal agents ... I have only met a few ... And they were nice.

Welcome to the board. One thing I can say about Russians, they make some pretty decent guns. Two of the guns in my collection are a WW2 Mosin-Nagant M-38 in 7.62X51, and this Kalashnikov.

ak1.jpg
I don't like weapon. Though while serving in army I was good in shooting.

I know weapon for Americans is a kind of holy icon. There are many guys like that here too.

But I respect mind more. Brain is much stronger than any weapon. One should understand where to run and whom to shoot not just do what everyone does.

Anyone in the US can own a firearm, provided they're of age, not a felon, or a crazy doper. Even though your government doesn't allow most people to own personal weapons, that doesn't mean they haven't exported hundred of millions of rifles and pistols throughout the world. In this country alone, there are an estimated 7-10 million Simonov carbines that came from communist countries like Russia, Romania, and China. We were buying them by the crate back in the early 1990's for $50 apiece.

There are also something like 200 million of Mikhail Kalashnikov’s AK-47 variants worldwide. Just about every former Soviet country manufactured them for export and the world is flooded with them.

There are also millions of Mosin-Nagant rifles, Nagant and Makarov pistols, and Dragunov SVD rifles in this country. Personally, I disagree with Obama's and Trump's sanctions against the import of Russian weapons and ammunition. It's just driven the prices up.
And their women want to still act like women, not lesbians.

Very true. If you can find an Americanized Russian woman who isn't so materialistic that she wants to separate you from every dime, they make good wives.

The problem with most Russian women I've met who moved here, is that they try too hard to become "Westernized". They often dress garishly, are materialistic, vain, and selfish. They also seem to be lacking in humility and tend to forget their meager roots. They're also usually lacking in subtlety, grace, and understatement. They tend to be awkward and out of place, even though they try very hard to fit in.

I guess you can take the girl out of the peasantry, but you can't take the peasantry out of the girl.

How so? We told you about those 200 Russian mercenaries killed on that bridge near the Syrian city of Deir Ezzor. Your own government didn't tell you anything about it.

Now the Russian government is wanting to ban Facebook so you don't know what's happening in the world, except for what Pravda and the RT tells you.
It is lot better than having "free press and speech" owned by jews here brainwashing Americans into oblivion.

The UNDERSTATEMENT of the year.
gives standing ovation.
:yes_text12::udaman::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Very true. If you can find an Americanized Russian woman who isn't so materialistic that she wants to separate you from every dime, they make good wives.

The problem with most Russian women I've met who moved here, is that they try too hard to become "Westernized". They often dress garishly, are materialistic, vain, and selfish. They also seem to be lacking in humility and tend to forget their meager roots. They're also usually lacking in subtlety, grace, and understatement. They tend to be awkward and out of place, even though they try very hard to fit in.

I guess you can take the girl out of the peasantry, but you can't take the peasantry out of the girl.

Damn ... That sounds a lot like Yankees ... :21:

Why am I barred from getting on plane for flying to the US?
Anyone may do it!

As for hunting here we don't have problems to do it. But there are seasons when hunting for some certain animals is forbidden due to save their population

That's what I am talking about ... I didn't say you were barred.
I only stated that if you for some reason were, it would negate your ability to (some people are not allowed to fly here ... more government regulation).

There are license fees here for hunting ... But some of those fees goes towards wildlife management (conservation).
I didn't suggest that you have a problem hunting ... I just asked if you had the same freedoms I do.

I understand you may not have the land ... But we have Wildlife Management Areas (WMA's ... large segments of public land) here were anyone can hunt.
I don't like hunting in WMA's ... Too many rules, regulations, hunters and enforcement agents.

What is RV?

A RV is a Recreational Vehicle ... In this case a place to sleep, cook, shower, watch television, drink whiskey and whatnot.
And ... You could still come even if you didn't want to hunt ... Bring your camo and a camera.

You've been duped and played the fool. If this is such a horrible country, why are people scrambling all over themselves to come here, even if it means illegally crossing our borders? I'm sure you have immigrants from other countries, mostly from wars you've been involved in. But nowhere near on the scale that we do.

I'm also pretty sure that for an immigrant to move to your country, would require a fair amount of paperwork or vetting, unlike America. We have thousands upon thousands of foreign people who simply walk across our borders, just so they can share their version of the "American Dream." Even Russians from your own country. I know of more than several Russian citizens who have been sent here to go to school, who decide that they want to stay here instead of going back to the Motherland.

Can you boast of the same all-inclusiveness?

Damn ... That sounds a lot like Yankees ... :21:

With all due respect sir or ma'am, I'm no Yankee. I was born South of the Mason-Dixon line and even though I live in a far-north Yankee state, my heart belongs to the South. :biggrin:

Lol ... You know about as much about America (at least where I live) as I do Russia ... But thanks for your input anyway.

We don't even have police where I live ... Just Sheriff's Deputies (and the sheriff is elected, not appointed).

Youtube has endless video's of local sheriff departments and police violating peoples rights. Just look up first amendment audits. Chances are you don't even know your rights. You probably think a cop can stop you and demand you identify yourself. You would probably open your wallet and show them your ID. If you were videoing them and they told you to stop you would do as ordered.

Youtube has endless video's of local sheriff departments and police violating peoples rights. Just look up first amendment audits. Chances are you don't even know your rights. You probably think a cop can stop you and demand you identify yourself. You would probably open your wallet and show them your ID. If you were videoing them and they told you to stop you would do as ordered.

If a cop demands I.D., you damn well better show it to him tout de suite. That's the law. Anywhere.

YouTube has a lot of videos ...
But thanks for letting me know how Google has helped you arrive at a better understanding of reality ... :thup:

I don't get stopped ... I am not asked to show my identification ... There's nothing to video.
If you are asking about what I would do in a hypothetical situation ...
I am not aware of how that will better help you understand anything about reality.

Shit ... I give the Sheriff Department's SWAT team a hard time about their uselessness.
I often ask them how their urban combat vehicle helps them take care of a loose cow on Highway 5.
That makes them really mad ... And they still don't beat me up or shoot me.

Are you suggesting the next time I see a deputy, I should pull over, grab my wallet and cell phone, jump out the vehicle and start running away to see if he will shoot me?

Last edited:
The only stereotypes of Russians I have is based on the Russians I've known personally. All three could drink me under the table even though I outweighed each of them by 40 to 50 lbs. So that is my Russian stereotype: you guys can drink!
I almost don't drink.
But I do agree that foreigners mostly cannot drink.

Why Marathon?
Are you a runner?
Yes I've run 20 marathons and even tho I'm old, I still run them. Distance running is a solitary sport but marathon day is exciting and I always meet very interesting people.

And I am marathon swimmer.
On 30 of June will swim here
The Daily News of Open Water Swimming: Amur Bay International Swim Hits Russian Shores
Marathon swim across Amur Bay in Vladivostok

And also preparing for Iron Man...
12 km swim? Wow. Have you done that before? I've toyed with the idea of an Iron man, I know I could do the run and bike portions but swimming is my weakness. I can swim but not nearly efficiently enough for an Iron man.
I was going in for swimming in childhood. Didn't do any sport for 25 years and started swimming and running a year ago.
I takes me 1min 06sec fo swim 100m, 22min for 1500m.
Last September I swam 5,7km open water swim and it took 1hour 32min
Big_Stone: Move 1:33 ч. Плавание в открытом водоеме
5.7 km Swim Activity on September 13, 2017 by Eugene Z. on Strava
When you swim open water do you wear a wet suit? If so does the suit make it easier to swim long distance?

I almost don't drink.
But I do agree that foreigners mostly cannot drink.

Why Marathon?
Are you a runner?
Yes I've run 20 marathons and even tho I'm old, I still run them. Distance running is a solitary sport but marathon day is exciting and I always meet very interesting people.

And I am marathon swimmer.
On 30 of June will swim here
The Daily News of Open Water Swimming: Amur Bay International Swim Hits Russian Shores
Marathon swim across Amur Bay in Vladivostok

And also preparing for Iron Man...
12 km swim? Wow. Have you done that before? I've toyed with the idea of an Iron man, I know I could do the run and bike portions but swimming is my weakness. I can swim but not nearly efficiently enough for an Iron man.
I was going in for swimming in childhood. Didn't do any sport for 25 years and started swimming and running a year ago.
I takes me 1min 06sec fo swim 100m, 22min for 1500m.
Last September I swam 5,7km open water swim and it took 1hour 32min
Big_Stone: Move 1:33 ч. Плавание в открытом водоеме
5.7 km Swim Activity on September 13, 2017 by Eugene Z. on Strava
When you swim open water do you wear a wet suit? If so does the suit make it easier to swim long distance?
I used to swim in warm water before.
In August, September water is 22-25C here. Or in warm tropical countries.
But this time I plan to swim in June and water is expected to be 16-18C. That is cold so I will buy a 3mm suit the nearest days.
As soon as I try swimming in it I let you know my own feelings. But everyone says it is easier to swim in suit as it makes flotage better

Welcome to the board. One thing I can say about Russians, they make some pretty decent guns. Two of the guns in my collection are a WW2 Mosin-Nagant M-38 in 7.62X51, and this Kalashnikov.

ak1.jpg
I don't like weapon. Though while serving in army I was good in shooting.

I know weapon for Americans is a kind of holy icon. There are many guys like that here too.

But I respect mind more. Brain is much stronger than any weapon. One should understand where to run and whom to shoot not just do what everyone does.

Anyone in the US can own a firearm, provided they're of age, not a felon, or a crazy doper. Even though your government doesn't allow most people to own personal weapons, that doesn't mean they haven't exported hundred of millions of rifles and pistols throughout the world. In this country alone, there are an estimated 7-10 million Simonov carbines that came from communist countries like Russia, Romania, and China. We were buying them by the crate back in the early 1990's for $50 apiece.

There are also something like 200 million of Mikhail Kalashnikov’s AK-47 variants worldwide. Just about every former Soviet country manufactured them for export and the world is flooded with them.

There are also millions of Mosin-Nagant rifles, Nagant and Makarov pistols, and Dragunov SVD rifles in this country. Personally, I disagree with Obama's and Trump's sanctions against the import of Russian weapons and ammunition. It's just driven the prices up.
And their women want to still act like women, not lesbians.

Met a few like that! Asian women have got to the point where bitchy has overtaken beauty. Eastern Europe is still better. I mean hell, anybody can get a coon.

If a cop demands I.D., you damn well better show it to him tout de suite. That's the law. Anywhere.
No, it is not. You are wrong. Police can only demand ID if they can articulate that they suspect you of committing a crime. The key word is "articulate". They must have evidence or reasonable suspicion of you committing a specific crime.
Millions upon millions of dollars have been awarded to citizens for being forced to ID illegally and have their name entered into a publically accessible system associated with criminals and lawbreakers merely on the whim of some bored or poorly trained deputy or cop.

No, it is not. You are wrong. Police can only demand ID if they can articulate that they suspect you of committing a crime. The key word is "articulate". They must have evidence or reasonable suspicion of you committing a specific crime.
Millions upon millions of dollars have been awarded to citizens for being forced to ID illegally and have their name entered into a publically accessible system associated with criminals and lawbreakers merely on the whim of some bored or poorly trained deputy or cop.

Never watched an episode of Live PD? I guarantee you that if you don't have some form of identification, they will hold you until they figure out who you are. And lying to the police and giving them a fictitious name will get you thrown in the hoosegow pretty quick.

Ever found yourself face down on the pavement with a knee on your back after being drug through the window of your car for refusing your ID to a big, ol' Alabama deputy? I have. And if you complain he'll say you were speeding or littering. So next time you're stopped and roll your window down and some bear says, "You in a heap o' trouble, boy," you better comply.

Forum List

Back