One more Russian's here..

It's a sacrilege, how dare you say that Marvels movies or DC Comics are poor ? :th_dontgosmiley-1:

I challenge you to do the same thing in Russian, a flop flop ! :p

I don't quite understand what fo you challenge me to.. want to see some of Russian movie's trailer?

I do not understand Russian never seen here a Russian movie with French translation , Never

Our movies are very good.
But now they tend to be more like Hollywood unfortunately.

Soviet comedies are awesome.

Yeah, America rules the movie industry for a reason. Lol.

No, I don't agree.

American movie is just an entertainment. Thrilling, exciting video effects but 5 minutes after the movie is finished you forget it. It is like comics...you throw it to a waste basket after it is read.
Russian movie is like a book that teaches you, make you think, changes you for better. It is more art than entertainment.

But this my evaluation is a kind of mean. Each movie should be evaluated separately.

Eugene, you are in bad faith the Americans are the best in terms of movies. Purée it's the Truth.

Welcome to the board. One thing I can say about Russians, they make some pretty decent guns. Two of the guns in my collection are a WW2 Mosin-Nagant M-38 in 7.62X51, and this Kalashnikov.

ak1.jpg
I don't like weapon. Though while serving in army I was good in shooting.

I know weapon for Americans is a kind of holy icon. There are many guys like that here too.

But I respect mind more. Brain is much stronger than any weapon. One should understand where to run and whom to shoot not just do what everyone does.

It isn't a "holy icon." It is a right and one that we take seriously. There are a bunch of damn good reasons for the 2nd amendment, and I am NOT a guy. The government or people who don't like guns don't have any right to tell me that I can't protect myself against crime with the best and most modern weaponry. That is my right as a human being.
The way it is done in the USA which leads to shootings in schools and other public places is what I will never accept.
Weapon must be controlled much more strictly.

In Russia we have right to own weapon, but legal regulation is strict.

It is not about freedom it is more about rules of using of socially dangerous items.
In other words freedom is not your freedom to do whatever you want but also a freedom of other people not to be abused by your freedom.
Had I been in Russia in 2015, I would have been 2.317 times more likely to be murdered than here in the USA. I feel certain that a similar ratio of our respective murder rates exists today.

The murder rate in the United States was 4.88 per 100,000 inhabitants.

The murder rate in Russia was 11.31 per 100,000 inhabitants.

I haven't seen numbers yet on murder by firearms. Perhaps we have the higher number in such a comparison. However, the fact that we have more guns than people here is likely the principle reason that our murders by knives and other non-firearm weapons are much lower than are yours. It is estimated that over 2,000,000 violent crimes per year are prevented because the intended victim had a firearm. In a majority of those cases, the firearm was not discharged....just pointed at the would-be attacker.

I believe in that regard, the United States is a much better place to be.

No matter how hard you try to win, you will lose the argument that guns kill people. People that want to kill other people will find a way to do it. When the perp has a knife and you have a gun, you win. When the perp has a gun and you have a gun, it could go either way. When the perp has a gun and you don't, you lose.

Criminals don't obey laws...especially laws about guns.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
Welcome to USMB. Enjoy the freedom of speech. Just don't try to blow smoke up my dress about how your homeland is better than mine. Russia indeed has some beautiful outdoor scenery, some beautiful and innocent people, some exceptional literary works and some good vodka.

Please let me know the date of the next National Sex Day. I may risk murder to get laid by a Russian chick!

Those numbers vastly underestimate the true murder rate. Murders by poison, vehicular sabotage, etc., (in fact any and all murders in which the weapon involved is not a firearm,) are seldom if ever acknowledged or officially suspected by coroners or medical examiners.

On the other hand, even instances of lawful self-defense with firearms are prosecuted and punished aggressively as murders.

The goal of prosecutors is to "get guns off the street," not to prosecute crime per se crime.

There is no law, at least not in the sense of any moral right or wrong, with respect to guns. They just confiscate your guns and lock you up if you have any. Gotta get the guns off the streets and lock up the "gunmen." There is scarcely even a pretense of "justice" on the part of these gun control fanatics. They don't even bother calling it a crime or citing a law for this.

Welcome to the board. One thing I can say about Russians, they make some pretty decent guns. Two of the guns in my collection are a WW2 Mosin-Nagant M-38 in 7.62X51, and this Kalashnikov.

ak1.jpg
I don't like weapon. Though while serving in army I was good in shooting.

I know weapon for Americans is a kind of holy icon. There are many guys like that here too.

But I respect mind more. Brain is much stronger than any weapon. One should understand where to run and whom to shoot not just do what everyone does.

It isn't a "holy icon." It is a right and one that we take seriously. There are a bunch of damn good reasons for the 2nd amendment, and I am NOT a guy. The government or people who don't like guns don't have any right to tell me that I can't protect myself against crime with the best and most modern weaponry. That is my right as a human being.
The way it is done in the USA which leads to shootings in schools and other public places is what I will never accept.
Weapon must be controlled much more strictly.

In Russia we have right to own weapon, but legal regulation is strict.

It is not about freedom it is more about rules of using of socially dangerous items.
In other words freedom is not your freedom to do whatever you want but also a freedom of other people not to be abused by your freedom.
Had I been in Russia in 2015, I would have been 2.317 times more likely to be murdered than here in the USA. I feel certain that a similar ratio of our respective murder rates exists today.

I haven't seen numbers yet on murder by firearms. Perhaps we have the higher number in such a comparison. However, the fact that we have more guns than people here is likely the principle reason that our murders by knives and other non-firearm weapons are much lower than are yours. It is estimated that over 2,000,000 violent crimes per year are prevented because the intended victim had a firearm. In a majority of those cases, the firearm was not discharged....just pointed at the would-be attacker.

I believe in that regard, the United States is a much better place to be.

No matter how hard you try to win, you will lose the argument that guns kill people. People that want to kill other people will find a way to do it. When the perp has a knife and you have a gun, you win. When the perp has a gun and you have a gun, it could go either way. When the perp has a gun and you don't, you lose.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
Welcome to USMB. Enjoy the freedom of speech. Just don't try to blow smoke up my dress about how your homeland is better than mine. Russia indeed has some beautiful outdoor scenery, some beautiful and innocent people, some exceptional literary works and some good vodka.

Please let me know the date of the next National Sex Day. I may risk murder to get laid by a Russian chick!

Just stay away from certain neighborhoods, and you're safer than in many parts of Europe.

Hi!
I am registered here pretty long ago but didn't introduce myself.
Live in Russian city Vladivostok which is in the very east, neighbouring to North Korea, China and Japan.
Ordinary citizen of the best country in the world. Love my motherland and support my government.
Decided to introduce myself here because my opinion in politics makes someone nervous and call me a bot. It's not true, I am real person.
My Instagram: @eugene.zozulya

Open for any questions.

I believe in human's wisdom and judge people on their doings. Hate that terrible internationsl policy provided by USA and feel sorry for huge propaganda in western mass media which doesn't allow ordinary people to see the real picture.

I am here to get some info, to share some info and to improve my English.
cold a lot up there?

Hi!
I am registered here pretty long ago but didn't introduce myself.
Live in Russian city Vladivostok which is in the very east, neighbouring to North Korea, China and Japan.
Ordinary citizen of the best country in the world. Love my motherland and support my government.
Decided to introduce myself here because my opinion in politics makes someone nervous and call me a bot. It's not true, I am real person.
My Instagram: @eugene.zozulya

Open for any questions.

I believe in human's wisdom and judge people on their doings. Hate that terrible internationsl policy provided by USA and feel sorry for huge propaganda in western mass media which doesn't allow ordinary people to see the real picture.

I am here to get some info, to share some info and to improve my English.
cold a lot up there?
It is summer now and we swim in the sea.
It is about 20 degrees in Vladivostok and about 30 in 20-30 km away from the sea shore.

Forum List

Back