one more reason the public school system is corrupt and bad for our children

and how many would teach them false history like that B Franks said that F and F were fine months before the collapse?

You would really have the worst educated people in the world if everyone home schooled

Vs teachers teaching them revisionist history?? vs teachers teaching them liberal views. Do you know anyone that home schools their children?? I know many, I prefer they be taught the truth instead of learning songs that praise someone they don't know. I thought you wanted truth to matter.

We already have some of the worst educated people in the world, even when they go beyond HS.

we rank average NOT worst.

You see you just make crap up.

This is how you would teach your kids.

You would ruin their lives

The reason Conservatives HATE public education, I believe, is because teachers generally belong to a union. Conservatives HATE unions because unions help redress the imbalance of profits going to the owners rather to those actually responsible for the profits: the workers who produce the goods.

Conservatives LOVE this imbalance, I believe, because they have been told that profit is good and it belongs to the owners exclusively. And, if they only worked a little harder, became a little less sensitive to the needs of workers, they too can reap more of those profits for themselves.

The consequence of these beliefs? Erosion of the middle class lifestyle, less effective education, class division and rancor.

But money is a stronger motivator than reasoned thought.

So conservatives hate teacher's unions because it cuts into the profit margin???
No. Conservatives hate teacher's unions because unions are bad altogether.

and how many would teach them false history like that B Franks said that F and F were fine months before the collapse?

You would really have the worst educated people in the world if everyone home schooled

Vs teachers teaching them revisionist history?? vs teachers teaching them liberal views. Do you know anyone that home schools their children?? I know many, I prefer they be taught the truth instead of learning songs that praise someone they don't know. I thought you wanted truth to matter.

We already have some of the worst educated people in the world, even when they go beyond HS.

Average is OK for you?? It's not for me. We spend more money than anyone else for "Average"????

I'm praying you were never a teacher!!

My kids are grown, went to college on scholarships and are productive members of society, they have jobs. :)

Last edited:
I already saw this. Who cares.

We all should. Educating our children is one of the most important jobs in the nation. It's YOUR future.

Then why do the right wingnuts constantly try to defund all education? Why do they insist that teachers should be paid less than tradesmen? And why do they constantly denigrate those that have education, such as scientists and teachers?

Schools and the Education Dept. squanders money like crazy. There is no reason for the buying of new text books as frequently as they buy them. School systems haven even buried perfectly good texts after unused books or 1 year old texts were replaced. They bury books so instead of furnishing them to the public so no bad press for getting rid of perfectly good texts.

Grants are handed out like candy for the latest fads that are gone by the next year. Education should be a common sense approach where we stick to the basic educational foundations and stop the social engineering that is trying to take place right now.

Too many lobbyists and PC components in education. That costs a great deal of money. And it is a waste.

Average is OK for you?? It's not for me. We spend more money than anyone else for "Average"????

My kids are grown, went to college on scholarships and are productive members of society, they have jobs. :)

YOU GOT YOUR FACTS WRONG!

quit trying to chnge what I sid into something else.

You said we had the WORST educated people and that was a flat out LIE.

That is how someone like you would educate your kids.

No country could survive with peopel like you teaching our kids.

No country would survive and thrive with LIES being taught by people like you

YOU GOT YOUR FACTS WRONG!

quit trying to chnge what I sid into something else.

You said we had the WORST educated people and that was a flat out LIE.

That is how someone like you would educate your kids.

No country could survive with peopel like you teaching our kids.

No country would survive and thrive with LIES being taught by people like you

I wouldnt mind you trying to school someone on education

IF YOU USED A SPELL CHECK. MORON.....................

God forbid that the truth be told to home schoolers. Better that they be lied too by you, eh!

Below is an editoriail that appeared in the New Hampshire Union Leader that talks about Barney Frank and Chuck Schumer and their roles in the failure of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

One excerpt from the editorial:

“In 2002, shortly before accounting irregularities were exposed at both companies, Frank said, “I do not regard Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as problems,” The Wall Street Journal reported. After the Freddie Mac accounting scandal in 2003, Frank said, “I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis.”

http://www.zimbio.com/Freddie+Mac/articles/423/Barney+Frank+Chuck+Schumer+Role+Fannie+Mae.”

Here is another quote from Barney:

Time and time again, Frank insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in good shape. Five years ago, for example, when the Bush administration proposed much tighter regulation of the two companies, Frank was adamant that "these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis." When the White House warned of "systemic risk for our financial system" unless the mortgage giants were curbed, Frank complained that the administration was more concerned about financial safety than about housing.

Frank's fingerprints are all over the financial fiasco - The Boston Globe

We should be one of the most educated countries on the globe. Not average, and we all know kids are going into middle school without adequate reading skills. Start holding teachers AND STUDENTS to the standards for that grade. No more passing students without learning the foundations of reading and math before going on to the next grade! No "social promotions!"

Parents are going to have to learn that they will not have their kids passing on to the next grade if they don't perform adequately. Why parents can say "no" to retention is beyond me. Parents should be informed when the students are not making the grade and they can start stepping up to the plate on homework and motivating their children at home, too.

Last edited:

I said "some" of the worst. I didn't say the worst. You quit making crap up. You've obviously got a comprehension problem. I'm guessing you were educated in the public school system.

My kids are productive members of society, the have JOBS. They go to work every day and pay TAXES. I assure you their lives haven't been "ruin"ed. You're too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for starting this thread GrandpamurkedU. :D

Last edited:
You didn't do well in school did you, Gramps?

I did well enough to know when I'm being fucked over by an ideologue with a disgusting agenda.

Ps. I was such a poor student that when I was in college my bank actually encouraged me to start the business I submitted a ficticious business proposal for as part of a project for class. That business has fed my family for 22 years now despite my liberal education.

I said "some" of the worst. I didn't say the worst. You quit making crap up. You've obviously got a comprehension problem. I'm guessing you were educated in the public school system.

My kids are productive members of society, the have JOBS. They go to work every day and pay TAXES. I assure you their lives haven't been "ruin"ed. You're too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you are going to claim EVERYONE should home school because you claim your kids are doing great on an internets site?

You see how very empty your arguments are?

Full of flawed information and unprovable claims.

Think about his part of your claim for one second.

You said many teachers are bad teachers.

If those bad teachers are home scholling then home schooling wont work huh?

Now how about the people who are even less educated than those teachers you hate?

So you are going to claim EVERYONE should home school because you claim your kids are doing great on an internets site?

Now how about the people who are even less educated than those teachers you hate?

My kids weren't home schooled. They attended public school in a right to work state.

My kids weren't home schooled. They attended public school in a right to work state.

They were publicly schooled.

They are doing fine.

what were the years they were educated by our system so we can go back and investigate what system that was.

There was a time in this country the people supported public schools enough to pay taxes to fund them.

I'd be embarrassed i made this thread gramps......seriously how sad

Why?

you godwined yourself..and this issue is like 3 years old. It was stupid then, and its stupid now. There is no reason to bring it up unless you are someone like Teapartysamurai and a hack who just wants attention.

Considering I wasn't here 3 years ago and I just saw the video I think its very valid.

Besides don't you often talk about shit from the last administration that has already been discussed before over 3 years ago?

It seems to me that those vids must have bothered you to illicit such a negative reaction.

My what a quaint, old-fashioned idea. Bet they've got a lot of sympathy for the OWS vermin, huh?

Forum List

Back