One More Reason I'd Not Vote For Rice

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
So many want her to be the VP pick, sorry the longer she's around, the less I care for her:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=2&cid=1209626990090&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

(Continued from page 1 of 2 )

...In her remarks Tuesday before the American Jewish Committee, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice acknowledged that Palestinian society today overwhelmingly supports Israel's annihilation through terrorism when she said: "Increasingly, Palestinians who talk about a two-state solution are my age. And I'm not that old, but I'm a lot older than most of the Palestinian population."

But then, after acknowledging that most Palestinians do not support peaceful coexistence with Israel, Rice argued that Israel must give them more land, more guns and more money because as she sees it, now is the time for a Palestinian state and leaders need to "make hard decisions confidently for the sake of peace and for the sake of their people."

Rice went on to explain that this appeasement must be done while enabling the Hamas regime in Gaza to remain in place. As she put it, "The only responsible policy is to isolate Hamas and defend against its threats, until Hamas makes the choice that supports peace." ...

I think Israel has given enough. It's time for the Palestinians to step up and make some concessions. If not, maybe it's time to wipe the terrorist loving assholes out.

The question is, who is going to be McCain's VP? Especially since, based on his health issues, they stand a better then average chance of moving up sometime in the next 4 years.

I don't think Rice is high on McCain's list though, she doesn't bring anything postive to the ticket. After all, most people consider her to be Bush's lackey. If McCain wants to court the vote of whoever loses the Dems nomination, he can't pick someone like Rice. Too polarizing. He might try Colin Powell instead.

I don't think Rice is high on McCain's list though, she doesn't bring anything postive to the ticket. After all, most people consider her to be Bush's lackey. If McCain wants to court the vote of whoever loses the Dems nomination, he can't pick someone like Rice. Too polarizing. He might try Colin Powell instead.

Why? So you have your own black person to run for office? Nah...nothing racially motivated about that.

:rolleyes:

Why? So you have your own black person to run for office? Nah...nothing racially motivated about that.

Are you over the age of 5? You really need to sue your college for a refund. Or maybe you are just ignorant about politics?

here let me educate you.... a Vice President is picked to bring in votes. Nothing else.

Now in my case I do not think a black person would help the Republicans at all since no matter who they picked it would get them few if any black votes. A woman might help but I am not sold on that either.

ACtually, I was thinking of someone who would balance McCain out. You know, a nice polite person who's seen as calm and thoughful to balance out McCain's temper. The foreign policy and military experience is a plus. I was also looking for someone who hasn't been on the campaign trail and made enemies.

You seem to be the one fixated on color.

ACtually, I was thinking of someone who would balance McCain out. You know, a nice polite person who's seen as calm and thoughful to balance out McCain's temper. The foreign policy and military experience is a plus. I was also looking for someone who hasn't been on the campaign trail and made enemies.

You seem to be the one fixated on color.

Really? Then why did you pick Condi or Powell and not, say, Tom Ridge?

Are you over the age of 5? You really need to sue your college for a refund. Or maybe you are just ignorant about politics?

here let me educate you.... a Vice President is picked to bring in votes. Nothing else.

Now in my case I do not think a black person would help the Republicans at all since no matter who they picked it would get them few if any black votes. A woman might help but I am not sold on that either.

I know, it's kind of tough to think of someone who would help McCain without hurting him as well. Rudy, Huckabee, and Romney have too many battle scars from the campaign. Rice is too polarizing. I can't really think of any Republican governors that fit the bill so Colin Powell might make a good fit.

Governor "Sunstroke" Crist has his hopes up for a McCain VP.

I wouldn't put it past the "maverick" :rolleyes: to be "bipartisan" :eusa_wall: and pick Liberman.

So many want her to be the VP pick, sorry the longer she's around, the less I care for her

I share your sentiments, Kathianne. Condi would be nothing but a detriment to the GOP ticket. With her on the ticket, voters would think there was a modicum of truth in the Dem's favorite propaganda tidbit against McCain: "four more years of Bush".

New Topics

Forum List

Back