One Mid east analysis

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Are you advocating invading the middle east?
Been there done that, still there.

the events in the oil rich ME should inspire we oil guzzling Americans to get serious about
reducing our addiction level to oil.

I heard Ahole Hannity tonight stating that if the Egypt situation goes bad its because of Obama's lack of leadership, moments later he said if it turns out the Egypt situation turns out OK its despite Obama.

I have to hand it to Fox talking heads, they are consistent in all things Obama=bad

I didn't actually make any specific suggestion. I merely wrote the administration to point out patterns I saw, but may have been missed as the administration is wrapped up in real time response to events on the ground.

There are three basic possible responses.

1) Give up on the free flow of oil, which will instantly cure us of our oil guzzling predilictions, as the government will secure the available oil for the military and food production. You and I will not be able to afford to drive to work. Our economy will be thrown into total chaos. Global trade will collapse since Europe and the US are the major demand markets in the world and will no longer be buying anything. But hopefully after a difficult transition our economy will reemerge dramatically reorganized. The mid east will collapse after demand for their one marketable commodity is no longer in high demand.

2) The option you mention. But we haven't invaded the mid east yet. We have selectively intervened on a limited basis. No option 2 is total war and subjegation of the muslim world and the outlawing of Islam. I don't think we have the stomach for it. This is the nuke Japan option.

3) Sign agreements with Canada and Mexico to secure the oil we need. Develop every domestic energy source available and if necessary invade Venezuala. This is a sort of half way approach, but requires giving up on the WTO and globalization and strictly reimposing the Monroe Doctrine

I don't envy the Obama administration the decisions they will need to make in the near future. And this is certainly the last thing I want when we all need them to focus on our economy.

Forum List

Back