One item on Paul's platform

Bite on this Dude:

Wonk Room What Does Rand Paul’s America Look Like?

When asked how he feels about “the degree of oversight of the mining and oil-drilling industries,” Paul responded “I think that most manufacturing and mining should be under the purview of state authorities.”

Do you remember the automakers suing to attempt to force California to accept the EPA standards that were less stringent? The fact that businesses prefer the federal government to regulate them should tell you how wrong you are, and how right Paul is.

Bite on this Dude:

Wonk Room What Does Rand Paul’s America Look Like?

When asked how he feels about “the degree of oversight of the mining and oil-drilling industries,” Paul responded “I think that most manufacturing and mining should be under the purview of state authorities.”

Let's take a look at one state's authority regarding oilfield operations:

DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT

PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT : Sections Listing

and

IEPA-IDNR Joint Spill Handling Protocol for Oil Production Sites

http://ioga.com/PDF_Files/IEPA IDNR MOA.pdf

Each individual state that has oil and/or natural gas poduction has similar rules and regulations. Every single activity with respect to drilling, production, and transportation is already heavily regulated. Anything that might be proposed on a federal level would be redundant. But then again, it might help the employment figures.

Paul is not even in the game. His ideas are DOA. His numbers will drop as November approaches and I AM WAITING FOR THE DEBATES! That should be good!

Ron...I mean Rand Paul will then go back to checking eyeballs.

Forum List

Back