One Issue at a Time

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
I am for gun ownership with limitations such as registration, a waiting period and no assault weapons that can over power the police.

hawken.jpg

Last time I fired it, it would hold a 3 inch pattern at 50 yards with a bench rest. Then it went all over the place.

I am for gun ownership with limitations such as registration, a waiting period and no assault weapons that can over power the police.

hawken.jpg

Last time I fired it, it would hold a 3 inch pattern at 50 yards with a bench rest. Then it went all over the place.

i am for gunownership. I see no reason to register my guns, if i do not have a criminal backgroun i see no reason i should not be able to purchase a gun when I am at the gunstore the first time...arm the police better.

outlaw black talons and amour piercing bullets if you must but leave the rest alone.

The background check is supposed to find out if you have any criminal background. I have no idea if they work, since I haven't purchased one in a long time.

Am working on a concealed weapon permit. Then I can see what they do in Florida.

so how long a waiting period do you think they need to do that...run the social number or the dl number...with todays technology....the 3 day period is often called a cooling off period...so that people wanting to committ passion killings have time to "cool off". in the south many of our guns are passed from generation to generation...i see no need for that to be anything but family business.

hawken.jpg

This issue is just like the regulations vs. no regulations argument. The GOP said they wanted ZERO regulations, which is rediculous.

So what gun laws do these NRA people not like? Background checks? Waiting period? No automatics?

I bet most of these NRA people can't even articulate their positions. They just fear the Democrats will take away their guns because that's what the GOP/NRA tell them.

Well the same GOP lied us into a war and are now ripping us off for $700 billion. Do any of you actually still believe them?

I like guns. Ray likes guns. Biden likes guns. Obama is black, so he clearly likes guns. :lol: Totally kidding.

me too. Target practice is fun, too. and hunting is sustainable and good for the environment in moderation.

Last time I checked it was about 75.00 with fingerprints and a background check.

This is the only pistol I have. May have to upgrade:

navy.jpg

If the guns are part of my estate to my son or grandson, no registration needed.

Thanks, I may have to wait until after xmas but 09 is the year I get one...if obama will let me... :eusa_silenced:

Nice Black Powder, They're fun to shoot.

i am for gunownership. I see no reason to register my guns, if i do not have a criminal backgroun i see no reason i should not be able to purchase a gun when I am at the gunstore the first time...arm the police better.

outlaw black talons and amour piercing bullets if you must but leave the rest alone.

what if someone breaks into your home and steals your gun and later commits a crime using YOUR gun? gun registration is used to track guns and where and to whom they belong that way criminals can't dump them in the streets.

why do you have a problem waiting 2 or 3 days to get your gun from that gunstore? wouldn't your momentary inconvenience be outweighed by the lives it may save by keeping people who are mentally unstable and/or criminals from obtaining guns?

People get angry and in a moment of pure anger they can go buy a gun and use it before they have a chance to step back and cool down. the waiting period allows for that cooling off time. A responsible gun owner shouldn't care about waiting a few days to get their new shiny gun.

My husband has a cwp in Florida, I don't know what it cost. I remember he had to go through a training and proficiency course. He carries when we travel.

hawken.jpg

The assault weapon issue is a moot point. "Assault rifles" sold in the US are nothing more than semi automatic rifles. They are NOT automatic the difference for those who don't know is that a semi automatic requires a trigger pull for each round fired an automatic rifle will keep firing as long as the trigger is depressed.

Hell my first rifle was .22 caliber semi automatic with a 17 shot magazine.

Mossberg 22 semi automatic. Put scope on it. You could hit a whatever you wanted to. Still have it.

Type in Florida concealed weapons permit. It will lead you to the site where there is a form.

Forum List

Back