One interesting fact

I was born with single transverse palmar creases (Simian crease) in both hands.

This occurs in ~1% of the population. Unless you have Downs Syndrome, in which it occurs ~70% of the time.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=40405

hand.jpg

When you get drunk your eyes jump when you move them, this is called nystagmus and is the reason that cops ask you to 'follow my finger' with your eyes if they think you are drunk...

I was born with Congenital Nystagmus so this happens with my eyes all the time, regardless of how sober I may be. This is not the curse I once thought that it was as it has gotten me out of several speeding tickets.

It goes something like this:

I get pulled over for speeding...

Cop approaches vehicle, sees my eyes jumping...

Cop: Have you been driking?

Me: No. I have not been drinking... (notice, he hasn't even asked for my ID yet...)

Cop: Well, uh... I need your Driver's license and Insurance...

Me: (after swift search)Here ya go!

Cop: (returns swiftly, unusually I hear...) Um, I need you to blow through this tube...

Me: Okay.... (gives my breath to the machine...)

Cop: Well! It appears you were telling the truth! Well... I pulled you over for speeding but after all this trouble... Well.... I guess I'll let you off with a warning!

Me: Well, thanks officer! (drives off...)

I've forgot to tell you in my previous post, Cops are taught that Congenital Nystagmus is impossible...

Nystagmus happens in less than 1% of the population and of those most are from accidents and are not congenital. The congenital version happens in less than 5% of that 1%....

I've been to the northernmost town in America, and swam naked in Kodiak, Alaska in late November.

Yes, lots of shrinkage

I wanna go to Alaska so bad. Too bad the girlfriend hates the cold; I think an Alaskan cruise would be sweet.

Another fun, interesting fact about me: I used to be able to sing every single song from Jesus Christ Superstar.

The ClayTaurus said:
I wanna go to Alaska so bad. Too bad the girlfriend hates the cold; I think an Alaskan cruise would be sweet.

Oh dude you have no idea. Get her up here during the summer. Right now it's about -40 degrees, so I can understand why she wouldnt want to come up here, or anyone for that matter. Summers are a blast though, usually really dry, and the sun is out literally 24/7, well not quite in the Anchorage area, down where you would take your cruise. If you want any more information, drop me a PM, I'd be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

no1tovote4 said:
I've forgot to tell you in my previous post, Cops are taught that Congenital Nystagmus is impossible...

Nystagmus happens in less than 1% of the population and of those most are from accidents and are not congenital. The congenital version happens in less than 5% of that 1%....
My teenage neighbor across the street has this, and it was congenital.

The ClayTaurus said:
My husband and I are DYING to do this, too! :D

I can make my tongue form the shape of a shamrock.

And my mother and father were step-brother and sister. Seriously. :shocked:

Forum List

Back