One indirect Hitler reference VS "Bush is Hitler" 36,000 citations!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
So most people and MSM "Offended" by Hank Williams comparing Obama to Hitler.. tsk.tsk...!
Williams is fired and people are oh so offended...
BUT when George Bush was compared to Hitler?
Where was the MSM?
Where was the outrage at comments like these???

I Googled. "Bush is like Hitler"... 36,000 citations!

"Jan 9, 2007 – "Bush is like Hitler," Paul Craig Roberts "
Sep 26, 2005 HBO host Bill Maher compared
First Lady Laura Bush to "Hitler's dog. ...
Mar 31, 2006 – Yet Another Way Bush is Like Hitler. I hate to make comparisons to Hitler, for as Jon Stewart says, "you denigrate Hitler",
Jan 7, 2004 – There isn't time to begin to list all the ways Bush is like Hitler, it's an ongoing, daily job.
Oct 21, 2008 BDS Alert - Oliver Stone Equates Bush to Hitler
Jul 17, 2007 Bush is like Hitler and behind 9/11, says first Muslim congressman
Dec 30, 2007 – The People's Blog - Five reasons why Bush is like Hitler Website. Front page. Written by Comrade Medvedsilnyn.

I could go on BUT where was the hue and cry by the MSM?
Why didn't HBO's Maher get kicked off like Williams got kicked off ESPN?

OH yea... HYPOCRISY!!!

So most people and MSM "Offended" by Hank Williams comparing Obama to Hitler.. tsk.tsk...!
Where was the MSM?

Mar 31, 2006 – Yet Another Way Bush is Like Hitler. I hate to make comparisons to Hitler, for as Jon Stewart says, "you denigrate Hitler",
Jan 7, 2004 – There isn't time to begin to list all the ways Bush is like Hitler, it's an ongoing, daily job.
Dec 30, 2007 – The People's Blog - Five reasons why Bush is like Hitler Website. Front page. Written by Comrade Medvedsilnyn.

OH yea... HYPOCRISY!!!

Maher is paid to give his opinion and be controversial. Hank Williams is paid to sign a song that is a part of a national sporting event. Should he have been fired? I don't think so, but your comparison to Bill Maher is extremely weak at best.

Companies are constantly monitoring their image, which is why Aflac fired Glibert Godfried for his remarks and why ESPN decided to distance themselves from Hank Williams. HBO knew what they were getting and it is why they pay Bill Maher....to speak his mind.

Where was the MSM?

OH yea... HYPOCRISY!!!

Maher is paid to give his opinion and be controversial. Hank Williams is paid to sign a song that is a part of a national sporting event. Should he have been fired? I don't think so, but your comparison to Bill Maher is extremely weak at best.

Companies are constantly monitoring their image, which is why Aflac fired Glibert Godfried for his remarks and why ESPN decided to distance themselves from Hank Williams. HBO knew what they were getting and it is why they pay Bill Maher....to speak his mind.

HITLER COMPARISONS AND MEDIA REPORTING, THEN AND NOW
20 AUGUST 2009
by Evan Coyne Mahoney

Not too long ago, hundreds of thousands of protesters took to the streets with signs comparing our president to Adolf Hitler, painting him as “the world’s biggest terrorist,” even calling outright for his killing. Here in New York City, posters of a cartoon George W. Bush replete with simulated bullet holes began springing up around town.

It was a time when Democratic politicians complained loudly whenever they felt their patriotism was being impugned. In those days, bumper stickers reminded us that “Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism” and Nancy Pelosi, the top Democrat in the House of Representatives, declared that disruptive protests were “very American and very important.” Now that protests are directed against a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress, Nancy Pelosi thinks such disruptions are “un-American.”

During the Bush era, the media looked the other way at the extremist element in the protest movement; the large number of protest signs bearing swastikas and mathematical formulae like “Bush=Hitler” just didn’t interest them. But it did interest me, and because the media didn’t want to report it, I did some reporting of my own. The videos I posted online inadvertently launched me on a second career as a documentary filmmaker.

I recently dug through my old footage and found many examples of the same kind of inflammatory speech that the media and the Democratic Party—forgive the redundancy—now decry. What follows are just a few examples.

At President Bush’s second inauguration in 2005, I visited Washington D.C. to hand out consolation prizes to crestfallen leftists. Folks got a chance to select their own action figure: one of Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Michael Moore or Hillary Clinton. The resulting video, Stop Bitching, Start a Revolution, captured derogatory signs and predictions of violence. Among the highlights:

“Us Democrats are going to get up in arms...we’ll have to come out and do what we have to do in the spirit of revolution. We’ll have to come out and kill somebody, I guess.”
One sign had a double-digit number of swastikas: large swastikas with President Bush’s face superimposed and smaller ones replacing the letter “s” in the president’s surname
A number of “Buck Fush” signs and stickers, which shouldn’t need explaining to the dyslexic
“Bush=Death”
“Karl Rove is a Nazi, and so is Bush”
“We are in a Christian Fascist state”
“There needs to be a revolution in this country”
In Pin the Tale on the Donkeys, I quizzed peace protesters about the various hawkish statements Democrats made about Saddam Hussein over the years. I also captured a few choice signs, including:

A “Stop Bush” sign where the “s” in Bush has been replaced with a swastika
A sign accusing President Bush of being both a “fascist” and a “racist”
One that refers to President Bush as a “terrorist”
A “Protest = Patriotic” sign (an equation that liberals no longer seem to believe is true)
A sign with a picture of President Bush calling him “a madman”
On an unusually cold day in New York City, Al Gore delivered a speech on global warming that was sponsored by MoveOn.org shortly after that Democratic Party-affiliated organization sponsored an ad comparing President Bush to Adolf Hitler. I interviewed some of the citizens I met outside the venue of Gore’s speech; they were an interesting cross-section of conspiracy theorists. In the video Gettin’ a MoveOn (The Gore Effect), you’ll see:

Clips from the MoveOn.org ad that compares Bush to Hitler
One person claiming President Bush is “bent on destroying the United States”
Another saying Bush is one of the “super-villians of our world”
A protester calling America under President Bush an “evil empire”
One protester saying “Hitler, clearly” is the historical figure most similar to President Bush
“I could very easily liken [Bush] to Hitler, but I’m not going to do that”
A protester claiming Bush is a part of the “same Texas crew” that assassinated President John F. Kennedy
At a protest I filmed in San Francisco—shown here in Protesting the Protesters II—I found:

A sign calling President Bush an “evil dictator”
“George W. Bush is a terrorist!”
“G.W. Bush is the AntiChrist”
“Fuck Bush! I don’t support 400,000 murderers in U.S. Army uniforms!”
“Down with the U.S. troops!”
“9/11 = Inside Job”
“U.S. Fascists Guilty”
A chant: “Who are the biggest terrorists in the world today? Bush, Cheney and the CIA”
An “Adolf Bush” sign with a picture of President Bush and a Hitler mustache drawn on
A sign saying “Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft: The New 4th Reich” (for added effect, the “s” in Bush is a swastika, the first “e” in Cheney is a skull, and the “s” in Ashcroft is a Nazi SS logo)
And in my very first web video, Protesting the Protesters, you’ll see:

A man with an intricately drawn sign showing Adolf Hitler in front of the burning Reichstag building, and George W. Bush in front of the burning Twin Towers. Both Hitler and Bush are saying, “Follow Me”
A “dead or alive” sign with the name “George W. Bush”
“George W. Bush is the worst terrorist”
“Bush = Nuclear Terrorist”
“Team Bush: The True Axis of Evil”
“Bush the Baby Killer”
“Buck Fush”
“Fuck You Bush”
I didn’t like people comparing President Bush to Hitler, and I don’t like it when it happens to President Obama. There are many ways to argue against Obama’s planned health care takeover without invoking Godwin’s Law. An argument about contemporary American politics that’s strewn with Hitler comparisons is hard to take seriously, especially if you know anything about Hitler.

My real complaint is with the media, however. After years of ignoring the prevalence of violent sentiments at “peace” protests, the media has picked up the Democrats’ talking points that the town hall protesters are dangerous lunatics. (A small minority of them might be, such as the Lyndon LaRouche followers—neither conservatives nor Republicans—who have been showing up with Obama/Hitler signs. If the media were doing its job, the LaRouchies would be properly identified so they could receive the derision they deserve. Of course, if the LaRouchies were singled out, it’d undermine the impression that the media wants to convey: that the town hall protests are illegitimate, and the protesters extremists.)

Next time you see a media report that unfairly paints town hall protesters as extremists, send this page to the editor, the ombudsman, or whatever contact you can find. Show them this documentation and ask them where all their outrage was when the target was a Republican president, not a Democrat.

It was your team that railed when the comparisons where made to Bush.

Now they are OK?

The Left/Democrats have labelled all Republican Presidents in my lifetime 'Hitler.' Anyone other than a fellow Democrat is Hitler to them. This is all phony outrage coming from the Left MSM. Just another example of the their double-standard journalism. Par for the course i guess. No pun intended.

Basically no one on the Left should be feigning outrage over this. People see through it. It's very dishonest. Labeling a President Hitler until now,was an old tried and true Leftist/Democrat tradition. So im not taking their outrage seriously at all.

Basically no one on the Left should be feigning outrage over this. People see through it. It's very dishonest. Labeling a President Hitler until now,was an old tried and true Leftist/Democrat tradition. So im not taking their outrage seriously at all.

Who's outraged? Remember why this thread was created. "Outrage" over supposed hypocrisy that doesn't actually exist. Feel free to address that or you can continue to change the conversation, your choice.

Where was the MSM?

OH yea... HYPOCRISY!!!
Yea, lefties love comparing people to Hitler.

Forum List

Back