One in Seven New Marriages Interracial

• Banned
14.6% of new marriages last year were between people from different races/ethnicities. That's double the number of interracial marriages that occurred in 1980.

One-in-Seven New U.S. Marriages is Interracial or Interethnic | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

"Time marches on." I see this trend as a good thing.

Yep. In spite of the claims of racial conflicts, it appears we actually like each other more than we did 30 years ago. Although, I don't believe this study looks at whether this feeling continues after marriage.

:eusa_whistle:

14.6% of new marriages last year were between people from different races/ethnicities. That's double the number of interracial marriages that occurred in 1980.

One-in-Seven New U.S. Marriages is Interracial or Interethnic | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Yep. In spite of the claims of racial conflicts, it appears we actually like each other more than we did 30 years ago. Although, I don't believe this study looks at whether this feeling continues after marriage.

I "almost" included in my post, that I hope the 50% ( or higher )divorce rate amonst whites and heterosexuals, does not hold true for interracial marriages, but that will remain to be seen.

I like living with "hope." :)

i have three sisters

one married a black guy

one married an asian guy

one married a polish guy-we don't speak to her :D

Another 50 to 75 years we are gonna be one big brown nation. Then people will find something else to hate on.

Each will want to 'explain what really happened' to the other spouse's family, so it will remain in the interests of a multi-racial nation.:lol:

Attachments

• $katie-burns-girl-pic-channel-4-697769345.jpg
    $katie-burns-girl-pic-channel-4-697769345.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 66
Yet if everyone becomes the same shade of brown, what happens to the diversity that's supposedly "our greatest strength"?

Diversity is only a matter of skin color to you? Multicultural families somehow create less diversity?

Lol.

You're a sad little man, Willy.

Is interracial automatically assumed to be black/white? Where does that come from? Some type of racial egotism.

Interracial encompasses all races, even races other than black or white! It means hispanics marrying Chinese, or a male-less Japanese girl bagging an Indian husband.

With the loss of sexuality among Japanese men and abortion rendering much of India without women, Japanese/Indian marriages are quite popular and reasonable solution. They are still considered interracial marriages.

Forum List

Back