One in Five Divorces involve Facebook

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Click "Like" if you agree this to be true:

It used to be the tell-tale lipstick on the collar. Then there were the give-away texts that spelled the death knell for many marriages.

But now one in five divorces involve the social networking site Facebook, according to a new survey by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.

A staggering 80 per cent of divorce lawyers have also reported a spike in the number of cases that use social media for evidence of cheating.

The marriage killer: One in five American divorces now involve Facebook | Mail Online

Click "Like" if you agree this to be true:

It used to be the tell-tale lipstick on the collar. Then there were the give-away texts that spelled the death knell for many marriages.

But now one in five divorces involve the social networking site Facebook, according to a new survey by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.

A staggering 80 per cent of divorce lawyers have also reported a spike in the number of cases that use social media for evidence of cheating.

The marriage killer: One in five American divorces now involve Facebook | Mail Online
But, but .. I thought it was gay marriage that had destroyed the sanctity of marriage?

Changing their status to single is more important than staying married....

Friends Reunited faced similar claims when it was launched to help people reconnect with old classmates, but the 23 million plus people now using Facebook in Britain means it is having a much bigger effect on rising divorce rates.

This is exactly what happened to friends of mine. Both husband and wife were on FB. They reconnected with old friends, some of which were in a band. So my friends took off to see them one Saturday night. The wife, my ex-friend, met up with an old classmate and started with him THAT NIGHT! Yes, with her husband there. A few months later she moved out of her beautiful home. Leaving behind her husband, two young children, her three dogs a great neighborhood and her enormous inground pool. She has since moved down to Florida and has little contact with her children. Hell, the bitch didn't even fly back up here to see them at Christmas.

Facebook is re-uniting people with ex lovers and people they haven't seen in years, but than again marriage was failing before Facebook came around, this is just a cop out.

Seeing someone from your past that you had a close relationship with can cause problems if one or both are married. Espaicially if the past ended on a friendly note and there were a lot of feelings. I know this from experience. Sometimes a marriage becomes old and stale and when someone comes along who in your mind you have thought about over the years off and on (yes everyone thinks of a past love occaisionally) it can draw those 2 people together. With it being in the open on Facebook it is no wonder it is involved so much.

Forum List

Back