One in every Five Americans think Obama is a Muslim

Yet evolution is still just a theory.... that is BELIEVED by X% of people... or what a poll of 1007 people actually means is debatable

And whether "scientists" are creationists, religious people, or whatever is of no consequence

The POINT was that there are a lot of people out there on ALL sides that believe a bunch of unsubstantiated shit....

So wait, you don't think Creationism is substantiated, do you?

I think on the topic of science, I'm gonna have to go with scientists on this one. :lol:

Not one day sweetie. Five months. It doesn't matter to me. Nor does it matter if people think he's a Muslim. The Times poll had far more interesting stats than his "muslimness". Only 26% of the public favored the mosque at ground zero. That's fringe.

26% is Fringe? Do you really want to go down this road again? Because you're going to lose if you keep playing to the popularity fallacy.

It certainly matters to you whether you say or so not because you prove it by bringing it up in the first place. You telling me five months tells me you know about this better than you like to give on.

The fact 20% of the country thinks Obama is a Muslim tells me just how much disinformation is going on out there in the media.

Yet evolution is still just a theory.... that is BELIEVED by X% of people... or what a poll of 1007 people actually means is debatable

And whether "scientists" are creationists, religious people, or whatever is of no consequence

The POINT was that there are a lot of people out there on ALL sides that believe a bunch of unsubstantiated shit....

So wait, you don't think Creationism is substantiated, do you?

I think on the topic of science, I'm gonna have to go with scientists on this one. :lol:

I have no proof of creationism nor of evolution... both are beliefs and theories that are incomplete and without substantiated fact

I believe species evolve... I believe there is something more that just universal randomness... I believe in a higher power.... and my beliefs do not need your backing

washingtonpost.com

The number of Americans who believe -- wrongly -- that President Obama is a Muslim has increased significantly since his inauguration and now account for nearly 20 percent of the nation's population.

Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero, and they suggest that there could be serious political danger for the White House as the debate continues.

The president's religion, like his place of birth, has been the subject of Internet-spread rumors and falsehoods since before he began his presidential campaign, and the poll indicates that those rumors have gained currency since Obama took office. The number of people who now correctly identify Obama as a Christian has dropped to 34 percent, down from nearly half when he took office.

Among those who say Obama is a Muslim, 60 percent say they learned about his religion from the media, suggesting that their opinions are fueled by misinformation. More than a third of conservative Republicans now say Obama is a Muslim, nearly double the percentage saying so early last year.

In the Time poll, 25 percent say most Muslims in the United States are not patriotic Americans. But the survey also indicates that the public's opposition to the center may be more complicated than just anti-Muslim sentiment. Fifty-five percent said they would accept a Muslim community center and place of worship two blocks from their own home.

I have a feeling most of those people who think Obama is a Muslim likely think most Muslims in the U.S are not patriotic Americans.

Obama is the Christian son of a Kenyan Muslim father and a Kansas mother. From age 6 to 10, Obama lived in predominantly Muslim Indonesia with his mother and Indonesian stepfather. His full name, Barack Hussein Obama, sounds Muslim to many.
HTML:

Poll: More Convinced Incorrectly Obama Muslim

washingtonpost.com

The number of Americans who believe -- wrongly -- that President Obama is a Muslim has increased significantly since his inauguration and now account for nearly 20 percent of the nation's population.

Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero, and they suggest that there could be serious political danger for the White House as the debate continues.

In the Time poll, 25 percent say most Muslims in the United States are not patriotic Americans. But the survey also indicates that the public's opposition to the center may be more complicated than just anti-Muslim sentiment. Fifty-five percent said they would accept a Muslim community center and place of worship two blocks from their own home.

I have a feeling most of those people who think Obama is a Muslim likely think most Muslims in the U.S are not patriotic Americans.

Obama is the Christian son of a Kenyan Muslim father and a Kansas mother. From age 6 to 10, Obama lived in predominantly Muslim Indonesia with his mother and Indonesian stepfather. His full name, Barack Hussein Obama, sounds Muslim to many.
HTML:

Poll: More Convinced Incorrectly Obama Muslim

What this bodes for the 2010 midterm elections is hard to predict, Cooperman says. Most Americans, 61 percent, still think it's important for members of Congress to have strong religious beliefs, as compared to 34 percent who don't. Reading the tea leaves from the 2008 results can help. Exit polling data from that presidential election shows that the second biggest predictor for how someone will vote is religion. The first is race.

FOXNews.com - Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

Not one day sweetie. Five months. It doesn't matter to me. Nor does it matter if people think he's a Muslim. The Times poll had far more interesting stats than his "muslimness". Only 26% of the public favored the mosque at ground zero. That's fringe.

Interesting poll if it asked if they favored a mosque "at" ground zero

One in every Five Americans think Obama is a Muslim If that's true then one out of five Americans is an idiot.

Let me get this straight. I laugh at the media's surprise in this and I'm put in conspiracy theories

But if you think there's some kind of "racism" afoot in America regarding this, you are in politics?

[Someone around here really needs to use an enemaQ

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-that-obama-a-muslim-spreads.html#post2633812

the first thing that will be flushed out is you. if you have a problem with a moderator's action, the way to deal with it, as you KNOW, is via PM to a staff member. this is your final warning-next time you'll get a vacation.

:eusa_shhh:

I don't know where you get your 1% figure, but there are results of Pew Poll in 2007:
Muslim Americans: Middle Class and Mostly Mainstream - Pew Research Center

Obviously the vast majority are going to be peaceful, by definition it's only extremists that act. But support? Many more than 1%.

Well that gives no numbers as to how many support. In a religion as large as Islam, I'd be surprised if there weren't extremists somewhere.

It wasn't me that tried to put a number on supporters. I just found the Pew Poll. Closer to 20% support violence if it's for 'Islam.' However, that doesn't mean they would commit acts of violence personally.

Reminds me of IRA in US throughout the 60's and 70's. Lots of folks in NY, Boston, Chicago generously gave money that was sent in support of IRA.

I don't think he is our "mortal fucking enemy", but whoever started this thread seems to think that anyone who suspects that he is a Muslim must be an idiot. Not true. People reach their own conclusions when they are presented with half truths and bold faced lies. The man is a mystery to say the least.

It's not true in all cases, but it's likely true.

People on USMB are likely holding two simultaneous thoughts at the same time if they believe this.

1.) Obama sat under Rev. Wright, who like you said was racist but also Christian for 20 years.

2.) Obama's a Muslim.

You cannot say Obama's a Muslim and say he sat under a racist Christian preacher for 20 years at the same time. It makes absolutely no sense. It's called double think.
The REVEREND Wright's church is not Christian; it's Black Liberation Theology which has Marxism as it's basis, not Christ.

Imam Hussein Obamas' own actions make people think he's a Muslim. He doesn't go to Church and he kisses up to Muslim countries.

The poll is merely a result of that and it's gonna' get worse for him in the next two years.

The best thing for the Dems would be that they agree to move the mosque and the issue will be over in a week. Instead they are fighting against their own best interests. Oh well. Carry on. Lol

The best thing for the Dems would be that they agree to move the mosque and the issue will be over in a week. Instead they are fighting against their own best interests. Oh well. Carry on. Lol

The Dems 'can't' move it, but they certainly can mimic what most on the right and many on the left have been saying, "They have the right to build on private property, it's in bad taste and insensitive to do so. To move it to another locale would go a long way towards building bridges."

Forum List

Back