one idiot cop refers to Gates as "banana eating jungle monkey"

You gotta admit.. "Banana Eating Jungle Monkey" is funny as hell. racist? sure. But funny as hell anyway.

You're one ignorant jackass, why don't you say that around a bunch of blacks and see what happens? Come to think of it, you did almost exactly what that cop did.

Don't pull your pants up in a quaking rage, Toby. "Banana Eating Jungle Monkey" is as funny coming from a racist as your racist ass screaming "CRACKER HONKY" is. Again, I've read Gates's memoir and you haven't so spare me your silly fucking lecture on which of us is a racist bastard.

Ok monkey, think whatever you like, the Bass is glad that monkey got fired for acting like a wild monket by sending out that email, you're both dumb monkeys, now how funny is that monkey?

(CNN) -- A Boston police officer who sent a mass e-mail referring to Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. as a "banana-eating jungle monkey" has apologized, saying he's not a racist.

Officer Justin Barrett told a Boston television station on Wednesday night that he was sorry for the e-mail.

"I regret that I used such words," Barrett told CNN affiliate WCVB-TV. "I have so many friends of every type of culture and race you can name. I am not a racist."

Barrett was placed on administrative leave after the e-mail surfaced, and he might lose his job as a result.

Barrett, 36, who is also an active member of the National Guard, sent off a fiery e-mail to some fellow Guard members -- as well as The Boston Globe -- in which he vented about a July 22 Globe column about Gates' controversial arrest.

Boston officer's apparent racial slur may get him fired - CNN.com

I didn't bother reading the rest of the post, just couldn't get past this statement. This cop is a total asshole and I wouldn't associate with him. And I call bullshit on his 'apology'. He said it because he meant it. An apology now means squat and the only reason he's apologizing is because it got out. His apology doesn't change the fact that he said it. He can't 'unsay' it anymore than I can 'unhear' it.

Last edited:
You're one ignorant jackass, why don't you say that around a bunch of blacks and see what happens? Come to think of it, you did almost exactly what that cop did.

Don't pull your pants up in a quaking rage, Toby. "Banana Eating Jungle Monkey" is as funny coming from a racist as your racist ass screaming "CRACKER HONKY" is. Again, I've read Gates's memoir and you haven't so spare me your silly fucking lecture on which of us is a racist bastard.

Ok monkey, think whatever you like, the Bass is glad that monkey got fired for acting like a wild monket by sending out that email, you're both dumb monkeys, now how funny is that monkey?

just don't start throwing poo at people and we'll get through this, Bass. take a deeep breath and enjoy your banana.

(CNN) -- A Boston police officer who sent a mass e-mail referring to Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. as a "banana-eating jungle monkey" has apologized, saying he's not a racist.

Officer Justin Barrett told a Boston television station on Wednesday night that he was sorry for the e-mail.

"I regret that I used such words," Barrett told CNN affiliate WCVB-TV. "I have so many friends of every type of culture and race you can name. I am not a racist."

Barrett was placed on administrative leave after the e-mail surfaced, and he might lose his job as a result.

Barrett, 36, who is also an active member of the National Guard, sent off a fiery e-mail to some fellow Guard members -- as well as The Boston Globe -- in which he vented about a July 22 Globe column about Gates' controversial arrest.

Interesting, like the officer who arrested Gates:

"AP reported that "Barrett was trained in racial profiling prevention and had shown no signs of racial discrimination in the past."

None documented, I guess...because, "The officer said that he didn't mean to use words like 'banana eating jungle monkey' "in a racist way."

"It was a poor choice of words," Barrett said. I didn't mean it in a racist way. I treat everyone with dignity and respect."
:disbelief:

But for many like me, I have my prejudices, but to me, it is the blacks who continue to reinforce those prejudices through their own actions.
I'm sure you see what you want to see.

And a lot of it too. Not from all blacks, but from the majority of the ones I deal with. I believe in reality and what you see is what you get. Believe me, I do understand and realize that blacks have a tougher road to success, in most cases, than whites. But that is all the more reason they should try harder and not just throw blame at anyone and everyone else.

He has been fired by the boston PD.

Just goes to show, like officer crowley, the majority of police don't accept racism.

If they did then gates would have gotten beat down by the cops that night and this guy who sent that racist email wouldn't be fired.

so if some older man got arrested in his own home and didn't get a "beat down", he should consider himself lucky?

One of your tags:

"When the Founding Fathers protected our right to free speech, I think that meant we were supposed to use it."

And those who suggest otherwise should be reminded of what becomes of a society that does not. The views expressed for the police repression against Gates exercise of his first Amendment rights are regressive, to say the least.

Boston police refer to Gates as "banana eating jungle monkey"

Boston Police? :eusa_liar: Nice thread title.

I noticed that too.

My question for Chris would be: It's clear this guy made an ass of himself, but why try to paint the entire Boston police force in the same light? It's dishonest.

because the Ossiah insulted them, so chris is going to follow his savior's lead. plus chrissy would just as soon piss on a veteran or a policeman as look at them.

I was just listening to the news talk guys Margerie Eagan and Jim Browdy (super lib and real normal lib) and they said he hasn't been fired yet.

All the people who called in said he should be fired, i'm sure they will they really can't keep a guy like that in his job.

But like I said before, if crowley was a racist, he would have done what the moron who wrote that email said he would have done.

Anyway.

It just sucks that gates/patrick/obama have all pushed back race relations in america....it makes me sick inside to see that happen.

"Normal lib"? Is there such a thing? ;)

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I agree that they cannot keep him employed in that position. For one thing doing so puts his life and the lives of other officers at risk or at least risks race relations with the community at large.

I honestly have not seen enough of the reports to know much at all about Officer Crowley or the incident. I don't know if the arrest was justified or not. From what I have read, I would think that it is possible that it was justified, but I can understand why Mr. Gates would have been angry about the treatment he received. From what I have seen, I don't think Officer Crowley was necessarily racist but maybe a bit arrogant as police tend to get when people question their authority.
Immie

That is one of the most intelligent comments i've heard since this whole story broke(bolded part).....nice post!!!!

I'll second that! Sums it up nicely imo.:clap2:

Of course he's not racist. That term is race-neutral...very obviously so.

Of course he's not racist. That term is race-neutral...very obviously so.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Right on.

Just like Obami-Salami's "race-neutral" stance when he blurted out that the " (white) COPS ACTED STUPIDLY" admitting beforehand that he didn't know the facts.

Note: parentheses mine to help the retarded.

Can't really blame that Marxist/Commie Political Charlatan Obami/Salami for being a Black Racist .... what would YOU be if you were trained for TWENTY YEARS by your "pastor, friend, and mentor" Black Racist Whackjob Wright ????

Last edited:
Let me make more clear my utter disrespect for cops. My grandfather was a cop.
He'd get tanked and haul ass down the road in his 55 Chevy.He'd get pulled over doing 100 and flash the badge to a "brother Nazi". No problem.
He's find teens drinking under a bridge somewhere and take all their shit. " Confiscate it" and go home and drink it.
One day he pulled over a tractor trailer, jumps up on the step and snagged the guys radar detector. He was proud of that on his dash.
I remember once where he told a story that he pulled over a couple of guys and smelled weed. Upon searching he came up with a small bag and a pipe.Off to jail they went.
His boast was " Those fucking hippies will never be able to get a real job now" !

He retired. Then he got a job as a loan officer at a bank.After filling out an application it would be coded by a W, a J or a JB.
White, Jew, Jungle Bunny.

One of the biggest assholes that ever lived and his fellow gang members were just like him.

Yes, a 36-year-old cop should know better than to call a black a jungle monkey in an e-mail sent to the press.

Granted.

But the unfortunate trend we're seeing these days is busts for "talking while white." Any time a white person has a problem with the almighty black race, any of its members or any of the bullshit they face -- and say so out loud -- they get fired. No need to use nasty terms... you could be James Watson and they'd can you for noting that blacks are genetically less intelligent.

Meanwhile, if you're black, you can pretty much take a shit on the principal's head and nobody will touch you.

How much longer will whites stand for this?

Personally, I think that the anger reflected by epithets has much deeper and more legitimate roots than anyone's prepared to discuss. We don't need to be calling blacks names. We need to be separating from them.

Last edited:
Yes, a 36-year-old cop should know better than to call a black a jungle monkey in an e-mail sent to the press.

Granted.

But the unfortunate trend we're seeing these days is busts for "talking while white." Any time a white person has a problem with the almighty black race, any of its members or any of the bullshit they face -- and say so out loud -- they get fired. No need to use nasty terms... you could be James Watson and they'd can you for noting that blacks are genetically less intelligent.

Meanwhile, if you're black, you can pretty much take a shit on the principal's head and nobody will touch you.

How much longer will whites stand for this?

Personally, I think that the anger reflected by epithets has much deeper and more legitimate roots than anyone's prepared to discuss. We don't need to be calling blacks names. We need to be separating from them.

All you guys should read my magnum opus on this issue.

It's a somewhat detailed analysis of the rampant Black Racism that is destroying our country.

You can find this analysis in the "Race relations/Racism" Section.

The title of this analysis is: "Black Racism's ARROGANCE. Part Two".

In that post you will get instructions on how to get Part One. Parts Two thru Parts Five are there. Parts Six thru Ten, and the CONCLUSION are coming.

I guarantee you that it is worthwhile to read it.

We need to be separating from them.

All you guys should read my magnum opus on this issue.

It's a somewhat detailed analysis of the rampant Black Racism that is destroying our country.

You can find this analysis in the "Race relations/Racism" Section.

The title of this analysis is: "Black Racism's ARROGANCE. Part Two".

In that post you will get instructions on how to get Part One. Parts Two thru Parts Five are there. Parts Six thru Ten, and the CONCLUSION are coming.

I guarantee you that it is worthwhile to read it.

I guarantee you its wasting time, you might better read objective statistics no racist ones. Anyway you want to separate from blacks, are you afraid of everybody whose color is black? Or do you want to refer to your racial statistics? If you want to be credible try to find objective statistics.

Forum List

Back