one idiot cop refers to Gates as "banana eating jungle monkey"

(CNN) -- A Boston police officer who sent a mass e-mail referring to Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. as a "banana-eating jungle monkey" has apologized, saying he's not a racist.

Officer Justin Barrett told a Boston television station on Wednesday night that he was sorry for the e-mail.

"I regret that I used such words," Barrett told CNN affiliate WCVB-TV. "I have so many friends of every type of culture and race you can name. I am not a racist."

Barrett was placed on administrative leave after the e-mail surfaced, and he might lose his job as a result.

Barrett, 36, who is also an active member of the National Guard, sent off a fiery e-mail to some fellow Guard members -- as well as The Boston Globe -- in which he vented about a July 22 Globe column about Gates' controversial arrest.

Boston officer's apparent racial slur may get him fired - CNN.com

He has been fired by the boston PD.

Just goes to show, like officer crowley, the majority of police don't accept racism.
They'll even arrest you for calling them racist.

(CNN) -- A Boston police officer who sent a mass e-mail referring to Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. as a "banana-eating jungle monkey" has apologized, saying he's not a racist.

Officer Justin Barrett told a Boston television station on Wednesday night that he was sorry for the e-mail.

"I regret that I used such words," Barrett told CNN affiliate WCVB-TV. "I have so many friends of every type of culture and race you can name. I am not a racist."

Barrett was placed on administrative leave after the e-mail surfaced, and he might lose his job as a result.

Barrett, 36, who is also an active member of the National Guard, sent off a fiery e-mail to some fellow Guard members -- as well as The Boston Globe -- in which he vented about a July 22 Globe column about Gates' controversial arrest.

Just goes to show, like officer crowley, the majority of police don't accept racism.

If they did then gates would have gotten beat down by the cops that night and this guy who sent that racist email wouldn't be fired.

It says that he "might" lose his job. Do you know if that has changed?

Barrett was placed on administrative leave after the e-mail surfaced, and he
might lose his job as a result.

Immie

Can any of you ever use an honest argument? Is that what he was arrested for, or do you just enjoy making untrue and dishonest statements?

If they did then gates would have gotten beat down by the cops that night and this guy who sent that racist email wouldn't be fired.

Immie

maybe he will have to take crowley's class again?

hey i am just asking innocent questions.

Can any of you ever use an honest argument? Is that what he was arrested for, or do you just enjoy making untrue and dishonest statements?

Wait a minute Newby... that post was dripping with sarcasm even though Anguille didn't point out that it was sarcastic... it was still evident that it was not intended to be an argument.

Immie

When did that happen?

Wait a minute Newby... that post was dripping with sarcasm even though Anguille didn't point out that it was sarcastic... it was still evident that it was not intended to be an argument.

Immie

Where was the sarcasm exactly? Looked like a pretty simple statement to me.

Immie

On WBCN (local rock and roll radio in boston) they said he was fired. I dont have secondary verification.

No, they can't use an honest argument.

It's police profiling...since this cop is racist, all cops are racist...right?

Hi Chris:

(CNN) -- A Boston police officer who sent a mass e-mail referring to Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. as a "banana-eating jungle monkey" has apologized, saying he's not a racist . . .

The Police State Cops are DEAD WRONG in this case, because they were standing 'inside' Professor Gate's Home!!!! The Police State Cops should have left the premises in the moment that Professor Gate's identity was established. Period! However, the Police State Cops remained on the scene and continued pushing their Police State Tactics on Professor Gates, until Professor Gates could be charged with something. Professor Gates is lucky that another case of Police State Brutality did not break out inside his residence!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9T8WyrKhQ&feature=related]Police State Brutality On The Rise[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiFO3bwWiIE&feature=related]Welcome To The Police State Party[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHjpOsGYxMo&NR=1&feature=fvwp]3 on 1 Is Good Police State Odds[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9llvTQn8v-c&feature=channel]Your Police State Cops At Work[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp-IXwP-mj0&feature=channel]Police State Cops Interrogating A Suspect[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHjpOsGYxMo&NR=1]Police State Cops Interrogating A Suspect 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFMIbkKMMc&feature=PlayList&p=5EEF043E5BDC8147&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12]Police State Cops Interrogating Mark Aspinall[/ame]

Police State Cops Interrogating 15-year Old Girl

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlkJEeFjws&feature=related]No Bikes On Sidewalks In NWO Police State[/ame]

Immie

Just the way Anguille wrote that. It was not written to be a blanket statement that the police would arrest you for calling them racist. It was clearly a joke meant to cause a chuckle. It didn't deserve a LOL but it was clearly meant to cause a chuckle at the very least.

Immie

On WBCN (local rock and roll radio in boston) they said he was fired. I dont have secondary verification.

Thanks Pilgrim... it is possible that the radio station has more uptodate info than the story did or maybe they misunderstood the actual story when it came out.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Just the way Anguille wrote that. It was not written to be a blanket statement that the police would arrest you for calling them racist. It was clearly a joke meant to cause a chuckle. It didn't deserve a LOL but it was clearly meant to cause a chuckle at the very least.

Immie

Thanks Pilgrim... it is possible that the radio station has more uptodate info than the story did or maybe they misunderstood the actual story when it came out.

Immie

I was just listening to the news talk guys Margerie Eagan and Jim Browdy (super lib and real normal lib) and they said he hasn't been fired yet.

All the people who called in said he should be fired, i'm sure they will they really can't keep a guy like that in his job.

But like I said before, if crowley was a racist, he would have done what the moron who wrote that email said he would have done.

Anyway.

It just sucks that gates/patrick/obama have all pushed back race relations in america....it makes me sick inside to see that happen.

Anyway.

It just sucks that gates/patrick/obama have all pushed back race relations in america....it makes me sick inside to see that happen.

If addressing the fact that race problems still exist in America is pushing race relations backwards, I'm not sure I want to know exactly what you think race relations should be?

A don't ask if racism exists don't tell sort of thing?

cop refers to Gates as "banana eating jungle monkey"

Oh jeezes.

Well this really helps thing out.

It does give people who feel that all white cops are racist a good example to use to drive home and reinforce their opinion.

And it does show that people are still ignorant :(
Anybody who thinks EVERY person of ANY large group is representative of the entire group gets put in the Ignorant Box by most thoughtful people.

Anyway.

If addressing the fact that race problems still exist in America is pushing race relations backwards, I'm not sure I want to know exactly what you think race relations should be?

A don't ask if racism exists don't tell sort of thing?

No not at all. Gates is racist and used his racist opinions to make a big national scene calling out an innocent officer as racist.

Devaul Patrick fed into the misrepresentation of the officer by publicly decrying his actions

Obama further threw fuel on the fire by incorrectly assuming the cop had violated procedure and done something "stupid".

Their assumptions, based on race, that the officer was wrong showed many white americans that a lot of black americans, including the president, harbor racist views toward whites.

It is well known that many whites harbor racist views toward blacks, but it was much less widely known that blacks harbor the same racism. That was until the most powerful man in the country gave them an unfortunate example of it.

Forum List

Back