One huge political difference between Dems and Reps...

Bans have to be everywhere or else they don't work. Duh
Yup - rest assured when guns are banned EVERYWHERE in this country no criminals anywhere in the US will have one.:p
Nobody says anything about banning guns except for right-wing dupes and their silly b******* propaganda machine...

Hey, Franco....take a breath, breathe through your eyelids for a second...IT WAS A JOKE.

Never, EVER lose your sense of humor. If you do, you're going to get stressed out, start taking drugs, get fat, and die on the toilet like Elvis. I do not know you, but I do NOT want that to happen to you, buddy!

:p
That joke is what the GOP says seriously all the time, so it's hard to see it as a joke. After 10 years on message boards and 40-50 years of being sick of reaganism, I'm pretty damn calm LOL.. best wishes to you too love the Dupes, hate the billionaire brainwashers...

How about the NORMAL American people who have extremely more common sense that partisanship or 'special interest money' coming in get together - leave all those who fit that description out of it - and play 'let's make a deal' --

Supporters of the 2nd Amendment / the NRA will agree to make Bump Stocks, kits that make semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapons, silencers, and armor piercing rounds illegal and will agree to find a way to have background checks for all gun sales (to include private citizen sellers if humanly possible so Uncle Joe can sell his squirrel gun to his farmer neighbor)

... and in return ...

Pro-Abortionists will agree to ban barbaric late-term abortions....

whattaya say?

Silencers cannot be used on automatic weapons and are not effective on high powered rifles, this OP needs to stop having an opinion until he addresses his/her ignorance on this subject.

Ignorance really? Let me get this straight. If a lunatic use a gun fitted with silencers to kill innocent people—— Is that acceptable? Just imagine a lunatic shooting people without hearing a gun shot. How will others determine there is a shooting going on? Instead of running or ducking —— they just sit still.

Of how convenient.

How about the NORMAL American people who have extremely more common sense that partisanship or 'special interest money' coming in get together - leave all those who fit that description out of it - and play 'let's make a deal' --

Supporters of the 2nd Amendment / the NRA will agree to make Bump Stocks, kits that make semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapons, silencers, and armor piercing rounds illegal and will agree to find a way to have background checks for all gun sales (to include private citizen sellers if humanly possible so Uncle Joe can sell his squirrel gun to his farmer neighbor)

... and in return ...

whattaya say?
Sorry. Unfortunately I believe that Democrats are right on everything... Sorry barbaric post the late-term abortions are only to save the life of the mother and are very very rare. Any oversight to stop Corruption of that are fine with me... It's another example of the ridiculous GOP bulshit fear-mongering propaganda machine misinforming their listeners, along with the bought off GOP itself...

I know that this thread will also be trashed by our faithful mods......but I wanted to point out to those few fellow posters on here who still value reality, ONE major difference between the 2 parties (mindful, however, that many elected democrats are also spineless)

Just ask yourself which party almost unanimously backs:

Guns to be sold to folks on the no-fly list
Guns to be sold to folks with questionable mental capacities
Silencers to attach to guns to be sold, with the lame excuse that silencers "protect children's ear drums.)

The blood of the hundreds of killed Americans by automatic weapons are mostly in republicans' hands.......
We need RPG'S and tanks too. Some IED's would be good. How about full auto belt feds! Damn right~

I want a bazooka!

Yes, you never know when you may be cornered in a warehouse by an Elk with a Machine Gun.
bf13e9a65150fe55af95216a6c3ed76a--funny-deer-funny-hunting.jpg

Why don't libs prove they can handle gun violence in 1 city - like Chicago - before declaring they know what is best and are most capable to take care of the entire country.

The only things more gun legislation would do would be to give liberals / politicians more power, make Americans less safe, strip Americans of Rights, and benefit the ctiminals who already igore existing laws.
What a great idea!

Let's make Chicago a testbed for new gun laws. When the killings stop there (and not because they run out of targets), we can implement them everywhere.

Go get 'em, Rahm!!!

Let's make Chicago a testbed for new gun laws. When the killings stop there (and not because they run out of targets), we can implement them everywhere.

Guns were outlawed in Chicago for quite a while. I don't remember when the killings stopped.

Can you help a brother out?

How do you ban all guns in the world? Duh.

Silencers cannot be used on automatic weapons and are not effective on high powered rifles, this OP needs to stop having an opinion until he addresses his/her ignorance on this subject.

Ignorance really? Let me get this straight. If a lunatic use a gun fitted with silencers to kill innocent people—— Is that acceptable? Just imagine a lunatic shooting people without hearing a gun shot. How will others determine there is a shooting going on? Instead of running or ducking —— they just sit still.

Of how convenient.

Let me guess, your knowledge of silencers is limited to Hollywood movies here have an eye roll :rolleyes:

Because you cannot see perfection in legislation, should we abandon the means we have to stem the tide of gun violence?

'To STEM': "...to stop something from spreading or increasing, especially something bad."

That is just the point - you have no means to stop the tide of gun violence. NO NEW LEGISLATION WOULD HAVE STOPPED THE VEGAS ATTACK OR FUTURE SUCH ATTACKS.

The reason we can not see the 'perfection in legislation' is because THERE IS NO PERFECTION IN LEGISLATION!

('If you like your plan you can keep your plan'...helloooooooo. :p )
Because there is no perfection in legislation, there should be no legislation? Is that your position?
No ---- the position is ...

Pass legislation that addresses the PROBLEM, not the symptom.

It is the unwillingness of the left to pass meaningful and appropriate legislation that prevents the solution.
Could you lay out what would amount to meaningful and appropriate legislation?
My response to the same question in another thread ...

In order to FIX the problem, you first have to IDENTIFY the problem. The gun is not the problem. The shooter is the problem. Therefore, you must address the shooter. It is nonsensical to think that restricting guns is going to mask the real problem - the shooter.

Once we do that, we realize the magnitude of the problem. We need to develop a database of all people receiving mental health treatments. This must be part of the background process. During that review, a determination of allowing that person a gun must be evaluated. People prone to depression, suicide, fits of anger, domestic abuse, drug addicts, and criminals must be closely evaluated.

ALL gun sales must be subject to "background" checks. While I realize that the majority of gun sales are between individuals, the sale must be processed thru an authorized dealer so that it can be subject to the background check.

That will serve to greatly restrict the flow of guns into the hands of the mentally predisposed. Of course, none of these will be effective. Laws only work for the law abiding.

Of how convenient.
C'mon .... you seriously think perverting the intent of somebody's post is going to further your argument??

Just grow up ....

As for the inelegant naivete of your argument against silencers - they don't silence. At best, they reduce the sound marginally (from about 160 dB to 120-130 dB), and do now address the "crack of the shot" - the sound made as the bullet travels its route breaking the sound barrier. I can't imagine a "lunatic shooting people without hearing a gun shot" - probably because it is physically impossible (the movies notwithstanding)

Of how convenient.

You obviously have no clue in regards to silencers, so you ought to stop while your ahead.

The biggest difference is, Democrats believe the Government has an obligation to coddle and control Citizens' lives from cradle to grave. But most Republicans believe in individual freedom & liberty. They believe in the Constitution. That's the the battle of the future. It's a war between the Globalists and the Nationalists. It's definitely gonna heat up. We'll see where Americans stand in the end. Stay tuned.

... and in return ...

whattaya say?
Sorry. Unfortunately I believe that Democrats are right on everything... Sorry barbaric post the late-term abortions are only to save the life of the mother and are very very rare. Any oversight to stop Corruption of that are fine with me... It's another example of the ridiculous GOP bulshit fear-mongering propaganda machine misinforming their listeners, along with the bought off GOP itself...

... and in return ...

whattaya say?
Oh??

Maybe you can explain why 25 states allow third trimester abortions, and 8 have NO - none, nil, nada - restrictions whatsoever.

1186 late term abortions in 2012 ---- 600 for fetal anomalies (I suppose things like, Downs Syndrome, hydrocephalitis, spina bifida, wrong color hair, boy instead of a girl --- you know, important shit).

So much for your argument about saving the mothers, huh?

How many late term abortions are really performed in the United States?

Oh, yeah - this is CDC statistics. Planned Parenthood doesn't report their abortions.

Why don't libs prove they can handle gun violence in 1 city - like Chicago - before declaring they know what is best and are most capable to take care of the entire country.

The only things more gun legislation would do would be to give liberals / politicians more power, make Americans less safe, strip Americans of Rights, and benefit the ctiminals who already igore existing laws.
What a great idea!

Go get 'em, Rahm!!!

Guns were outlawed in Chicago for quite a while. I don't remember when the killings stopped.

They're getting closer --- the supply of targets is not unlimited.

What a great idea!

Go get 'em, Rahm!!!

Nobody said anything about banning all guns, brainwashed functional moron

What a great idea!

Go get 'em, Rahm!!!

I can shoot you just as dead with a single shot .22 as I can with a massive shotgun. You will be just as dead. As long as it continues to happen, you will follow a failed methodology, rather than admit that you were mistaken.

Ask Chicago.

What a great idea!

Go get 'em, Rahm!!!

Nobody said anything about banning all guns,

Ummmm.....

Still huffing paint I see.

Of how convenient.
C'mon .... you seriously think perverting the intent of somebody's post is going to further your argument??

Just grow up ....

As for the inelegant naivete of your argument against silencers - they don't silence. At best, they reduce the sound marginally (from about 160 dB to 120-130 dB), and do now address the "crack of the shot" - the sound made as the bullet travels its route breaking the sound barrier. I can't imagine a "lunatic shooting people without hearing a gun shot" - probably because it is physically impossible (the movies notwithstanding)

Really? WATCH THIS EVERYONE.

Show me a facts or a link that a silencer will reduce from 160db to 120-130dB.
I AM WAITING.

If a lunatic person want to fit his gun with a silencer. Shooting his gun at distance of 600 feet. How much noise is that for others as a warning to run?

So using a silencer is that supposed to be acceptable?

Of how convenient.

You obviously have no clue in regards to silencers, so you ought to stop while your ahead.

Instead of posting nonsense —— Tell me what I missed. Nimrod.

Of how convenient.

Let me guess, your knowledge of silencers is limited to Hollywood movies here have an eye roll :rolleyes:

Okay then tell me what I missed little urchin.

... and in return ...

whattaya say?

... and in return ...

whattaya say?
Oh??

Maybe you can explain why 25 states allow third trimester abortions, and 8 have NO - none, nil, nada - restrictions whatsoever.

1186 late term abortions in 2012 ---- 600 for fetal anomalies (I suppose things like, Downs Syndrome, hydrocephalitis, spina bifida, wrong color hair, boy instead of a girl --- you know, important shit).

So much for your argument about saving the mothers, huh?

How many late term abortions are really performed in the United States?

Oh, yeah - this is CDC statistics. Planned Parenthood doesn't report thceir abortions.
BS. 1.2% are after 20 weeks and many get late because of travel due to GOP restrictions

Forum List

Back