One huge political difference between Dems and Reps...

Those who,are immersed in the gun culture quickly point out technical errors made by those not so enamored with guns. Archangel facts and suppositions are thrown out like spike strips on a highway whenever a discussion of the crisis of gun violence is broached.

To those folks in the gun culture, the world seems to be a binary kind of place. You're either all in for the second amendment, even advocating more destructive weapons in the hands of civilians, or you're a treasonous conspirator ready to trash the constitution and all it stands for.

Now these same gun lovers are claiming that party affiliation has something to do with gunplay. Republicans seem incapable of gun violence while democrats not only openly cheer violent acts as a political bludgeon, but actively take part in gun violence as a means of furthering a political stance they never held in the first place.

This attitude conspires to shut down conversations about effective gun control. And we continue to talk passed each other due to the lack of compromise by the entrenched, the enamored, the binary. The result is nothing at all but division and stalemate.

This attitude conspires to shut down conversations about effective gun control. And we continue to talk passed each other due to the lack of compromise by the entrenched, the enamored, the binary. The result is nothing at all but division and stalemate.

What exactly do you see is the compromise gun control folks like yourself are offering in this imaginary compromise discussion ... :dunno:

I know that this thread will also be trashed by our faithful mods......but I wanted to point out to those few fellow posters on here who still value reality, ONE major difference between the 2 parties (mindful, however, that many elected democrats are also spineless)

Just ask yourself which party almost unanimously backs:

Guns to be sold to folks on the no-fly list
Guns to be sold to folks with questionable mental capacities
Silencers to attach to guns to be sold, with the lame excuse that silencers "protect children's ear drums.)

The blood of the hundreds of killed Americans by automatic weapons are mostly in republicans' hands.......
Nat and his ilk are now wearing the KJU solidarity haircut

I know that this thread will also be trashed by our faithful mods......but I wanted to point out to those few fellow posters on here who still value reality, ONE major difference between the 2 parties (mindful, however, that many elected democrats are also spineless)

Silencers to attach to guns to be sold, with the lame excuse that silencers "protect children's ear drums.)

The blood of the hundreds of killed Americans by automatic weapons are mostly in republicans' hands.......
The shooter was a Democrat.
I think it's a conspiracy to try to steal our 2nd amendment rights.

i served during vietnam
58000 people died cuz of your bs policies
next

What exactly do you see is the compromise gun control folks like yourself are offering in this imaginary compromise discussion ... :dunno:

Close the gun show loophole. Background checks on a national database. Ban semi-automatic firing systems.

The cold, hard fact of the matter is that not 1 single new gun law would have prevented the Vegas shooting...and Democrats know it.

They won't even enforce the laws that already exist.

Barry and Hillary 'ran guns' to Mexican Drug Cartels, the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, and Al Qaeda...

In order to try to help liberals push their agenda, the lib media freaks out over Vegas while ignoring the gun violence / murder in Chicago that dwarfs what happened in Vegas.

Close the gun show loophole. Background checks on a national database. Ban semi-automatic firing systems.

I didn't ask what you wanted to happen ... I asked what was your compromise.
Getting everything you want isn't any kind of compromise ... :dunno:

1. People get put on that list simply because of their name
2. Questionable? lol.. there you go
3. Suppressors do protect ear drums. At least a little bit. Some say it eliminates the need to use ear protection which leaves your hearing open to everything around you.

Instead of being a knee-jerk hack, we could come up with solutions for number one or two. Instead, you statists throw out more emotion than a woman that is 9 months pregnant with quadruplets.
Are you talking about the mistress of GOP Representative Tim Murphy?

Interesting OP there Nate. You realize that the Vegas shooter was not on a no-fly list, there was nothing to suggest he had questionable mental capacities, and didn’t use a silencer. So your OP is pretty irrelevant regarding this latest tragedy. Other than that, great post sport.

I didn't ask what you wanted to happen ... I asked what was your compromise.
Getting everything you want isn't any kind of compromise ... :dunno:

My position is to ban all semi-automatic firing systems, permit only bolt action rifles, revolvers and pump action shotguns. I'm willing to compromise on some semi-automatic firing systems. That's my compromise. What's yours?

The cold, hard fact of the matter is that not 1 single new gun law would have prevented the Vegas shooting...and Democrats know it.

Barry and Hillary 'ran guns' to Mexican Drug Cartels, the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, and Al Qaeda...

In order to try to help liberals push their agenda, the lib media freaks out over Vegas while ignoring the gun violence / murder in Chicago that dwarfs what happened in Vegas.
Laws aren't a panacea. Spiders still prowl the street in spite of speed limits. But should speed limits exist? They are enforced, but not every speeder gets a ticket.

Am doing George W. Bush began the program of "runners no guns" to Mexico. If you're going to cite facts, you should also face them.

And which side almost unanimously advocates stripping citizens of their essential Constitutional rights without due process of law?

My position is to ban all semi-automatic firing systems, permit only bolt action rifles, revolvers and pump action shotguns. I'm willing to compromise on some semi-automatic firing systems. That's my compromise. What's yours?

The only valid compromise is this: You don't try to infringe our right to keep and bear arms, and we won't use our arms to kill you. (That is, unless you give us some other valid reason to use our arms against you.)

Translation~ one party abides by the Constitution, one party goes by "feelings"..

Yes and true.....The Constitution CLEARLY states that ANYONE should have an automatic weapon that can kill the MOST number of people in the LEAST amount of time......I think it was Madison who phrased exactly like that.

If that were true then fully automatic weapons would be on sale at Wal-Mart and would not require a waiting period and permit to own.

Also it would not be illegal to modify semi-automatic weapons either.

So knowing what you already know why do you keep on lying?

Last edited:

The only valid compromise is this: You don't try to infringe our right to keep and bear arms, and we won't use our arms to kill you. (That is, unless you give us some other valid reason to use our arms against you.)
And thus you illustrate my point.

Silencers cannot be used on automatic weapons and are not effective on high powered rifles, this OP needs to stop having an opinion until he addresses his/her ignorance on this subject.
Using a silencer virtually destroys the chance of hitting a target more than 10 feet away. It is nonsensical to ban silencers ... once the gun as gone off, the damage has been done. Not only that, all but the most expensive silencers are quickly worn out and useless.

Laws aren't a panacea. Spiders still prowl the street in spite of speed limits. But should speed limits exist? They are enforced, but not every speeder gets a ticket.

Am doing George W. Bush began the program of "runners no guns" to Mexico. If you're going to cite facts, you should also face them.
Bush did not start the gun running program. He explored the possibility and concluded it wouldn't work without ever beginning any program.

There is no conversation to be had about guns. We are guaranteed the right to arms and self defense. The Constitution is the end of the discussion.

Forum List

Back