One hell of a night...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
My dad, step-mom, and my siblings are out of town, 200 miles away for the week. My dad asked me to watch the house, feed the pets, and keep an eye on things. They just left Saturday morning, so there was no need to go check on stuff until Sunday afternoon to feed Max, their dog, and make sure the cats had food and water, bring the mail in, etc. I stopped in early Sunday, and nothing was out of the ordinary. I played with the dog, locked up, and went home.

My husband and I had just got home from watching the fireworks display that our city put on a few blocks away, when the phone rang. It was about 10:30, and no one we know calls that late, on our home line nonetheless. All our friends have Nextel phones so we just talk that way. Here it's my step-mom all flustered, saying that someone was throwing a party at their house and lighting off illegal fireworks. She said the neighbors were concerned because I was the only one with a key, thus myself and my son and husband were to be the only ones there, unless we wanted to invite friends to swim with us in the pool.

I panicked, thinking that someone broke in, and such. We get there, and theres about 3 cop cars, and many neighbors, and lots of teenagers, or kids under age. One of the neighbors who called the cops, his son is with my dad, because he's my younger brother's (T.J.) best friend and went camping with them.

I then recognize one of the trucks. My brother Sean's. He has been in trouble with the law, and has about 3 warrants out for his arrest, and he's only 19. He and his friends got into the backyard and had a bonfire going, swimming in the hot tub and pool, and even had the brand new $2k propane grill going. It was a father's day gift from me, my step-mom, and my siblings. I helped pay for it.

They had a keg and other alcohol (duh). There were a couple kids that were of age, but no one wanted to claim the alcohol (duh). They were busted for u/a consumption and some drug parapharnelia(sp?). My brother had taken off, but not in his truck. The problem is that the area my dad's house is in, is a rural area, and it was not likely they would find him, because he knows the area way too well and could easily get away.

It appeared (at first) he did not enter the house. I had a cop go through with me to ensure that everything appeared to be in its place. Indeed it was, or so i thought. My dad was on and off the phone because they were in the middle of nowhere in wisconsin (which in itself is the middle of nowhere), so their cell phones would cut out or cut off completely. My dad was ready to pack up and leave right then. It took me and his neighbor to convince him to at least stay there tonight, that everything was fine. My dad asked me to look at the door jambs to see if there are any 'jimmy' marks, and if any of the windows were unlocked. Both the upper level and lower level sliding doors are brand new, so i would be able to tell. There were 2 of them in the lower level one. Sean HAD been inside. I asked if there was supposed to be any alcohol behind the bar at all. The bottles he listed, were not there. I then remembered that the window to T.J.'s room, was unlocked when the cop came in with me to check the house. I locked it myself, thinking TJ must have forgot. My dad stated he went through the house just before they left to ensure everything was closed.

On the upper deck, some girl left her purse and bikini bottoms (ugh, yeah i know!). My husband and i went thru the purse looking for an ID or something. We DID find a very expensive pot pipe and a REALLY nice cell phone. On the cell phone, we found the girl's parents number and my husband called it to tell them what was going on. They didn't sound too concerned, but I didn't really hear the conversation as I was busy going through the house.

my dad's coming home tomorrow to check to make sure nothing small was stolen. Sean may be a dumbass, but he knows not to take stuff that's obvious, like stereos and tv's. My dad was worried about jewelry and some coin collections, as well as a few other things. He will be going back to wisconsin, but he wants to put his mind to ease by going through the house himself, only because I would not know what was taken, because I haven't lived there in 6 years.

I just got home about 45 minutes ago. ugh...i am going to bed.

Joz said:
Party at Fuzzy Kitten's!!!!!!

It's the pits when you have to spend time doing this kind of stuff. So sorry.

ah, thats ok. i guess i just didn't think that my brother would do something like this. this is more of a vent than anything. im not looking for sympathy or anything.

heres a few other parts i guess i didn't put in. the fence around the yard is a 6ft cedar plank, with a gate opening on the side of the house. my dad had padlocked it with a brand new padlock. before he left, he was looking for the spare key, to make sure i had a key for it just in case. it was supposed to be up in the kitchen cupboard. my dad thought TJ took it, which is something he might do, so he yelled at him for it, though TJ denies taking it. My dad just gave me his key instead.

When we got there, the cops showed me they were going through the gate, and the padlock was unlocked. I had not unlocked it when i was there, so the lock remained locked. There are 2 scenarios that i can think of on how it got open. Sean either broke into the house when my dad was not home earlier in the week, and took the key, OR Sean talked to TJ and somehow convinced him to get the key for him or leave it where he could get it.

Another quizzical thing is when the party was busted, Sean took off. Again, because of the rural area, and the fact he lived there for 8 years, it was unlikely that the cops would find him, even if they did do a search. His truck was still in the driveway. My dad was going to have me call a tow truck, when one of the kids said they could get it out of there. I didn't think of this until afterward, but unless he had the keys, how could he move it? It is a newer model Blazer, thus the passive theft system prevents the vehicle from being hotwired, or started without a key. These kids weren't professional vehicle theives, so i doubt they knew how to by-pass it as only a few of the most skilled car-theives do. The only person who would have the keys, is Sean. He took off, so unless they did figure out how to bypass the system, one of the kids had to have known where Sean was. It didn't occur to me until after I locked everything up and went home, thinking about the whole thing.

The last thing is the dog Max. He is a 6 mo puppy, but is huge. he's part black lab, part rottie. He still thinks hes a puppy, but he is learning. He's already becoming a great guard dog, and has free run of the backyard. He has a kennel, but to get him in it is like oil and water. My dad said he had to either have been drugged or physically abused to get him in it. My dad has tried a few times to show him its not bad, but he doesn't like it at all. I fear for what they might have done, though when I brought him into the house to look at him, to make sure he was ok, he didn't seem hurt or sensitive in any areas.

One thing that has always mystified me is how a family could produce two such diametrically different siblings. Fuzzy Kitten strikes me as extremely rational and responsible person. How did her brother turn out so differently?
I guarantee that if I was in trouble with the law, and showed up at my parents' home, they would call the police. My dad is really strict and believes anyone who breaks the law should pay the price. Even his own kids.
All parents have different ideas, though.

In hindsight you should have had that truck towed regardless of the helpful "friend". At least Sean would have had to pay to get the truck out of impound, and then likely would have had to pay for one or two of the warrants. Either that or he would have had to pay for a new vehicle.

I have always had a "soft-spot" for tough love. Sometimes people don't learn responsibility until the chickens have come home to roost.

Oh shit..that was your house? I had no idea.......My friend called and told me about this party...

I'm sorry.

fuzzykitten99 said:
were you the one that supplied the minors with a keg, and then try to convince the cops that the whole keg was just for the 2 kids who are 21?
:thup:

Absolutely not. I sat toward the rear of the yard just observing. You know...flying just under the radar.

(Honestly, that is one thing I never did....give/buy alcohol for someone underage. I knew if I got caught..that would be hell to pay from my parents.)

no1tovote4 said:
In hindsight you should have had that truck towed regardless of the helpful "friend".

sucks that hindsight is always 20/20.

i was so frazzled that this happened under my watch, so to speak, i didn't really think about this until after the kid took the truck.

my dad says he feels horrible, that he never thought something like this would happen, and that he was proud of how I handled it and all.

Forum List

Back