One execution the Left won't be protesting

I am very reluctantly a tepid supporter of the DP in extreme cases where there isn't a any chance that we got it wrong.

Sadly, now that we have DNA evidence, we are discovering that eyewitness testimony is far too often completely wrong. Is it now something like 50 people who were on death row who were proved not guilty thanks to DNA evidence?

That's a LOT of mistakes and had we killed those folks, we'd have not only been killing innocent men, but we'd also have stopped looking for the guilty party.

The other reason I am SO reluctant to support the DP is because I do not essantially trust any government, or legal system not to ultimately abuse its power.

On a personal level, however, I think some people definitely do deserve to die.

Execution under the hate crimes law. Any righties feeling unhappy?

Nope. Dude's a animal not fit to live in society and deserves to forfeit his life for the crume he committed.

I find it rather stupid that it even matters whether or not it was a "hate crime." If he murdered a lily-white WASP in this manner he'd STILL deserve to put out of society's misery.

I'm in favor of the death penalty. I think they get far too much time to appeal at this point. I'm glad they had that opportunity back in the day because men have been freed who were in fact innocent but these days it's rare for an innocent man to be convicted of a crime that would warrant the dealth penalty without hard factual forensic evidence

I find both parties to be hypocrites in this issue but for different reasons.

Repubs are hypcrites because they are against abortion but for the dealth penalty and they make the argument that life is sacred and therefore shouldbe protected but it's only the life they deem worthy. It seems in these two instances the Repubs are more than happy to allow government interference in the lives of people they have a moral or ethical difference with.

Dems are for abortion but against the death penalty and both beliefs seem to center around a persons rights as an individual.

I am pro-choice and pro-death penalty. Kill em all and let God sort it out [/joke]

Clarification: not ALL conservatives are Republicans just as not all liberals are Democrats.

The "hypocrisy" from my POV is that unborn human beings have committed no crime worthy of forfeiture of life, save existence itself.

I have no qualms whatsoever about a person in such a case of this forefeiting their life. It's a cut-n-dried "he did it" complete with confession.

I DO however have reservations about how the death penalty is meted out in this Nation on a daily basis. Due to the finality of the penalty, I think no stone should be left unturned to prove beyond any shadow of doubt guilt or innocence and ANY shadow of doubt should take the death penalty off the table.

Clarification: not ALL conservatives are Republicans just as not all liberals are Democrats.

The "hypocrisy" from my POV is that unborn human beings have committed no crime worthy of forfeiture of life, save existence itself.

They have committed the crime of trespassing and are removed at the property owner's request.

If you're going to label them as human beings then they are subject to the same laws as human beings.

Forum List

Back