One Episode of "Rawhide" Has More Real History In It Than A Million LA RAZA pamphlets

Vindicator

Rookie
May 30, 2011
Yesterday, I happened to be watching an episode of "Rawhide" that dealt with land ownership in the US. The American cattlemen were moving their stock over some land that a Mexican rancher claimed was his by birthright and demand $$$ from them.

The cattlemen told the Mexican to shove it because they knew the land was open range.

Later at night, the Mexican and his fellow compadres forced the heard to stampede. It killed one of the Mexicans.

After the stampede was quieted, Gil Favor, the boss of the herd, and Rowdy Yates, his ramrod, are captured as they are trying to straighten out the matter with the head Mexican.

One of the Mexicans accused the gringos of killing the Mexican that fell while stampeding the heard. They ask another Mexican to be a witness against the gringos. Because he feels he must support the landowner that he worked for, he lies and said the gringos did shoot the Mexican.

There is a short trial and the cattlemen are about to be executed when the Mexican begins to speak of laws and justice.

"Where was your law at the Battle of San Jacinto or the Battle of Bueno Vista? When your people killed Mexicans."

The cattlemen replied: "Where was YOUR law at the ALAMO!" Knowing that Santa Ana and his Mexicans first started the bloodshed, the Mexican could not respond.

But the cattleman continued to talk to the rest of the Mexicans. He said,"This man has been deceiving you for years. All you have to do is put in a claim for your homestead,the land that you have been working, and the land is YOURS! He has no legal rights to it."

I need say no more. That was the way it was and still is. Mexico has no claim to American land. PERIOD!

I learned my American History from Bonanza

Everything I know about Indians, I learned from F Troop

Last edited:

Forum List

Back