One Brave Muslim! Sir I Salute You!

In regards to these peculiarities to christianity and how it is similiar to some of the beliefs in Islam, I am quite confused with the theological angles discussed between you, Si Modo and Kalam, within this thread. Can you please clarify the matter for me?

Thank you

amrchaos
agnostic/atheists

Based on what she's read on an anti-Islamic blog, Si Modo asserts that Islam permits lying to unbelievers. Using scripture and other canonical writings, I attempted to make it clear that honesty is required in all but three specific situations, none of which have anything to do with "lying to infidels" or lying in an attempt to improve the image of Islam.
Don't speak for me, Kalam. I speak for myself.

To Si Modo

I am a little confused. You are telling someone that they must leave this great nation of ours if they cannot seperate their religion from their politics. Yet, is it not true that most Americans refer to their religion to determine their politics?

Also, the concept of marydom exists in Christianity. The very concept of Christianity is based on and celebrates the martydom of one Jesus Christs. Then can I therefore surmise that Christianity also embraces martydom in its own religion. Of course someone may point and suggest that this form of martydom is only for Christ--but this is not true due to the letters or Mark in which he mentions the sacrifices of early christians in his letters to his peers. In other words, martyrdom is also for Christians.

In regards to these peculiarities to christianity and how it is similiar to some of the beliefs in Islam, I am quite confused with the theological angles discussed between you, Si Modo and Kalam, within this thread. Can you please clarify the matter for me?

Thank you

amrchaos
agnostic/atheists
I've been quite clear in what I have said. With respect to foreign policies, if one cannot accept that self-interest does not drive them, then they are living in an ideologic fantasyland and the USA does not govern based on any religion. That is a founding principle. Do folks not know this? :confused: The nation's interests come first, not a religion's interest. I have not discussed martyrdom at all.

Yeah, your treatment of a blog post as an accurate source of information on Islam really called attention to your ability to think independently.

Yeah, your treatment of a blog post as an accurate source of information on Islam really called attention to your ability to think independently.
Brain malfunction?
I realize a woman telling a man not to speak for her short circuits you, but it's crystal clear. Don't speak for me, Kalam. I speak for myself.

Maybe the Muslims can have a street party celebrating the words of this Imam. They like celebrating in the streets.

Yeah they just love those streets. Celebratory gun fire, carrying caskets, burning flags. That's what a good ol' peaceful religion is all about!

I realize a woman telling a man not to speak for her short circuits you, but it's crystal clear.
:rolleyes:

Getting angry?
Nah. I'm enjoying highlighting your Muslim tendencies. You presume to speak for me. Don't. I speak for myself. I know that is quite foreign to you, but the USA treats women as equals.

:lol:

Lamest attempt to play the victim card ever.

:rolleyes:

Getting angry?
Nah. I'm enjoying highlighting your Muslim tendencies. You presume to speak for me. Don't. I speak for myself. I know that is quite foreign to you, but the USA treats women as equals.

Lamest attempt to play the victim card ever.
Put the bong down, Kalam. And don't even presume to speak for me. I speak for myself.

Perhaps you'd like to call me a **** for a fourth time? Because you never accept responsibility for your own actions, like the good little Muslim that you are.

Any religious ideology that depends on deceit is weak. As such, the followers of that have little credibility when they speak to a non-follower.

Last edited:
Perhaps you'd like to call me a **** for a fourth time?

Ms. Mondo, you are the sharpest and sexist quadricunt I know.
Thanks, JW! (And you don't even know what I look like.)

I had never seen the word quadricunt used in quite that way before.

That's ^ a truthful if misleading statement. :cool:

And, I don't think anybody needs to know what you look like under the circumstances!

Did Kalam actually use that term on you, si modo?

What's the world coming to when a fine upstanding Muslim cannot treat a female to some respect and civility?

I had never seen the word quadricunt used in quite that way before.

That's ^ a truthful if misleading statement. :cool:

And, I don't think anybody needs to know what you look like under the circumstances!

Did Kalam actually use that term on you, si modo?

What's the world coming to when a fine upstanding Muslim cannot treat a female to some respect and civility?
Yeah. Kalam got his knickers in a knot when I said that Islam justifies deceit. First he tried to deny it, over and over, then he found himself using a source that explicitly says that deceit is OK. Sorta ironic that he lied in the first place about it. Then he used the ever popular but no less intellectually lazy ad hominem approach and called me a **** three times. Classy, eh?

Last edited:

I know what you look like, you have a brave heart and convictions you are willing to stand and fight for.

I have always found that beautiful.
*big kiss* You are too kind, JW.

(And, I did get called gorgeous this evening by a friend's brother. That was nice of him to say, but it is a good hair day. :lol:)

Accusations of dishonesty tend to lose their edge when they come from someone who is remarkably dishonest.

I don't adhere to any religion, God and I are monogamous.

But I have to say despite having been a warrior I understand Jesus more than Mohammed.

When I was fighting I never experienced it as having anything to do with God.

But every time I have been on a cross (metaphorically speaking) God and I have had a real conversation.

It may just be me, but I think a dialogue with God is always a one on one conversation.

"My Lord, my Lord why have you forsaken me?"

I have received honest answers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back