One Birther's belief (maybe all?)

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
The Weekly has obtained a copy of an email sent to fellow conservatives this week by Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.

Under the words, "Now you know why no birth certificate," there's an Obama family portrait showing them as apes.

(Donald Trump must be elated to finally have an explanation about Obama's true birth circumstances.)

President_Obama_Monkeys-thumb-480x341.jpg

[UPDATED: Baugh is Powerless] Racist Orange County Republican Email: President Obama and His Parents Are Apes - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Wait a second? Are you telling me that conservatives are finally conceding that evolution is true?

While we are all aware of the racial aspects of the chimp/monkey accusations, I find it comical that those who take offense to this often had no issue with all the Bush-Monkey comparisons, and in fact often enjoyed them.

Bad taste is Bad taste, but for some people its only offensive if its against someone you like.

Hahahahahahhahahahahhaha! That picture is about the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahh!!!!!!

While we are all aware of the racial aspects of the chimp/monkey accusations, I find it comical that those who take offense to this often had no issue with all the Bush-Monkey comparisons, and in fact often enjoyed them.

Bad taste is Bad taste, but for some people its only offensive if its against someone you like.
:lol: It's always good to bring up Bush as a deflection.

I guess it's a good thing that nobody here is taking offense to this picture.

Is there a long history in the US of white people being called monkeys as a racist, derogatory and degrading term?

You can say that again.

Is there a long history in the US of white people being called monkeys as a racist, derogatory and degrading term?

Hey, I'm not saying that picture is "right" at all. And, sometimes we may all joke around too rough at times, too coarse, and yeah, there are wrong racist remarks, that doesn't make it right. But for crying out loud, just Google, "Bush" and see what you get for pictures...

bush - Google Search

Do I hear people crying "racist" here and there about any of the Bush or Clinton or other's pictures?

Morgan Freeman's got it spot on when he said:
(Source - Wiki: Morgan Freeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Freeman has publicly criticized the celebration of Black History Month and does not participate in any related events, saying, "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history."[14] He says the only way to end racism is to stop talking about it, and he notes that there is no "white history month".[15] Freeman once said on an interview with 60 Minutes' Mike Wallace: "I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man."[14] Freeman supported the defeated proposal to change the Mississippi state flag, which contains the Confederate battle flag.[16][17]

Look at some of the caricatures of the irish, this for example:

54.jpg

or this:

ape.jpg

54.jpg

or this:

ape.jpg
I'd say those are racist, too, wouldn't you? The Irish were treated basically like the blacks for a largish period of our history.

Is Bush Irish?

Tu Quoque is admittedly a poor debate method, but sometimes it just feels right.

54.jpg

or this:

ape.jpg
I'd say those are racist, too, wouldn't you? The Irish were treated basically like the blacks for a largish period of our history.

Is Bush Irish?

Not sure, this was in reply to someone asking if whites were ever compared to apes, and I just provided proof.

The reasons it was used against both the blacks and the irish are the same. basic racial douchebaggery. Liberals used it against Bush as a form of basic political doucebaggery. Why is one worse than the other?

OH LOOK! an italian one!

anti.italian01.jpg

I am almost positive that Bush belongs to the only "race" than hasn't endured mistreatment at the hands of Americans.

But just to clarify, MB, are you saying that a Republican politician making a claim that Obama's parents are monkeys is okay because someone (not a politician) portrayed Bush as a monkey?

I am almost positive that Bush belongs to the only "race" than hasn't endured mistreatment at the hands of Americans.

But just to clarify, MB, are you saying that a Republican politician making a claim that Obama's parents are monkeys is okay because someone (not a politician) portrayed Bush as a monkey?

I am most certianly not, its more the opposite. My issue would be with people who find this repulsive, and yet think the bush ones were the height of political discourse. My problem would be with people foaming at the mouth over this calling for the rep's dismissal, and yet probably had the bush ones posted on a dartboard in thier office.

And i doubt that said republican actually thinks Obama's parents are monkeys. Arent most republicans creationists?

The reasons it was used against both the blacks and the irish are the same. basic racial douchebaggery. Liberals used it against Bush as a form of basic political doucebaggery. Why is one worse than the other?

Are you saying that criticizing a person for their politics is on par with criticizing a person for what race they are? I don't think that anyone compared Bush to a chimp because of racial reasons. I think it's foolish to jump to the conclusion that the same kind of comparison of Obama is automatically racist. I'm still curious why you've brought this issue up. Nobody here said that the picture was racist, except you. It seems to me that the OP is instead criticizing the argumentation that the picture represents. The birthers keep going on and on about their grand conspiracy theory. Now, they're saying "Oh, this is why Obama has no BC, he's really a chimp." That's a pretty stupid argument, and goes to show that the birthers have nothing.

Watching someone roll around on the ground after getting kicked in the nuts is often funny.

Unless you are the one that got kicked in the nuts.

The Weekly has obtained a copy of an email sent to fellow conservatives this week by Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.

Under the words, "Now you know why no birth certificate," there's an Obama family portrait showing them as apes.

(Donald Trump must be elated to finally have an explanation about Obama's true birth circumstances.)

[UPDATED: Baugh is Powerless] Racist Orange County Republican Email: President Obama and His Parents Are Apes - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

I thought his mom was white. :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

*yawn*

:gives:?

Forum List

Back