One big reason why unions are good!

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
My sister works for rite aid and her store recently joined the ufcw and she was telling me the other night how her higher ups fucked her and a few others out of hours this week and next. The took someone in from a recently closed rite aid and this person bitched that they wanted 40 hours(which they didnt have and should not have hired her) so they did it and cut staff hours to fit her in. WELL only problem is they went around the union and its by laws to do it when they should have put it up to a union vote meaning this person was brought in illegally, totally disregarding union rules which state it has to go to a full vote....this time its not a case of unions doing wrong but corporate fucking over the little guys and saying we dont care about you, the union steward is fighting it for them and if all goes well my sis and the others will get back pay.

My sister works for rite aid and her store recently joined the ufcw and she was telling me the other night how her higher ups fucked her and a few others out of hours this week and next. The took someone in from a recently closed rite aid and this person bitched that they wanted 40 hours(which they didnt have and should not have hired her) so they did it and cut staff hours to fit her in. WELL only problem is they went around the union and its by laws to do it when they should have put it up to a union vote meaning this person was brought in illegally, totally disregarding union rules which state it has to go to a full vote....this time its not a case of unions doing wrong but corporate fucking over the little guys and saying we dont care about you, the union steward is fighting it for them and if all goes well my sis and the others will get back pay.

yep,, I gotta admit,, giving someone a job is one big giant fuck up.. go unions!

yep,, I gotta admit,, giving someone a job is one big giant fuck up.. go unions!

so its ok to have corp disregard the laws of unions that protect people and fuck others over so 1 whiner can have 40 hours and a job when that store didnt have the hours to give to begin with???! thats assinine willow, even for you!

so its ok to have corp disregard the laws of unions that protect people and fuck others over so 1 whiner can have 40 hours and a job when that store didnt have the hours to give to begin with???! thats assinine willow, even for you!

sure,, is,, 40 hours of work for one person vs.. 50 for another,, one big giant fuck up.. wowser. them unions are great. Rite Aid won't be around long after all the "arbitration" is over.

sure,, is,, 40 hours of work for one person vs.. 50 for another,, one big giant fuck up.. wowser. them unions are great. Rite Aid won't be around long after all the "arbitration" is over.

for your info my sis and a couple others went from getting 25-30 hours to NO HOURS just so they could hire this whiny lil fuck in...hows that fair!

for your info my sis and a couple others went from getting 25-30 hours to NO HOURS just so they could hire this whiny lil fuck in...hows that fair!

it's getting worse by the minute!

Unions are great. I believe in them sincerily. Those who oppose unions are usually working for minimum wage, are jealous of a good wage earned in a Union shop, and are really not too bright. Many non-union people live in Trailers, or rooming houses because they can't afford a home. How sad............

did you ever think maybe that one your calling a whiny fuck was actually a better worker and they cut out the dead weight?
:think:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

It's not fair. But guess what? Life's not fucking fair. Deal with it. If the boss wanted to hire this person, so be it. Your sister had her hours cut? Oh well, that happens. I worked for the same company for 26 years. Two years after it was bought by a large corporation, I was laid off. For no reason other than they were downsizing. Guess what? It wasn't fair, but it happens. I dealt with it.

Fair? Fuck, fair has nothing to do with anything. Grow the hell up.

Unions served a purpose once, they have outlived their usefulness. Just ask Chrysler, GM, Ford.

Good to see that the union steward is fighting for your sister's rights. What the anti-union retards don't understand is that the Labor Contract is legally binding. Management cannot just disregard it to save a few beans, no more than they can just stop paying on their bonds... well they can, but again, they'd be in deep shit for that too.

You fucking clown, in unions, seniority is everything, performance means nothing, how's that fair ?

You fucking clown, in unions, seniority is everything, performance means nothing, how's that fair ?

"performance" oh yea... code word for brown nosers get a raise while people actually doing the work do not get noticed.

"performance" oh yea... code word for brown nosers get a raise while people actually doing the work do not get noticed.
in the union shops i have worked in, it was just the opposite
those doing the work were held back by those not doing it and the unions protected the ones NOT doing it

Yeah "performance", lazy fucks that don't want to do their jobs call people that perform at a high level "brown nosers". If you're really putting the work in, you'll get noticed ........

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

those doing the work were held back by those not doing it and the unions protected the ones NOT doing it

Sure that can happen, but ultimately what a union is about is if 2 or 3 or 300 people are all doing the same job they deserve the same pay free from arbitrary management decisions. Management are in my experience the most clueless about who the real best and worst workers are. All they know is who they like and who bows down and kisses the ground they walk on.

I had the great misfortune of thinking I wanted to move up the ladder a few years ago and became an "acting supervisor" in my shop. I had the advantage of knowing who was good and who wasn't, but the manager above me refused to believe it because he'd been there long enough to already have his favorites and if it weren't for union rules the slackers who spend 30% of their work hours kissing ass instead of working would've got all the hours.

Sure that can happen, but ultimately what a union is about is if 2 or 3 or 300 people are all doing the same job they deserve the same pay free from arbitrary management decisions. Management are in my experience the most clueless about who the real best and worst workers are. All they know is who they like and who bows down and kisses the ground they walk on.

I had the great misfortune of thinking I wanted to move up the ladder a few years ago and became an "acting supervisor" in my shop. I had the advantage of knowing who was good and who wasn't, but the manager above me refused to believe it because he'd been there long enough to already have his favorites and if it weren't for union rules the slackers who spend 30% of their work hours kissing ass instead of working would've got all the hours.
i disagree
some might have talent that make them more valuable

Lots of construction type Unions have brought back being able to "name hire" 1 member for every member they hire off the list. As a result, for the most part, if you are good you'll always have work. The dogfuckers and/or the useless have to wait for their name to cycle up the list.

One big reason the unions are good: you can always count on a Dem Administration to bail you out no matter how much of a useless slug you are.

Forum List

Back