'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Movie

Your thought about 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Movie?

• Brilliant illumination of American history

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Am I the old man yelling on the lawn, or is this movie just wholly inappropriate? Manson's murderers were scum. Sharon Tate was seemingly a really nice person, and in any event nobody, especially a pregnant lady should have to go through that horror at the hands of evil c*nts.

TBF, I haven't watched the movie. But from the outside, this just seems like it's shamelessly capitalizing on someone else's tragedy. And because it's Pitt and DeCaprio, any debate about this topic is obviously going to be shelved in the media.

Saw the ads for it, wasn't impressed, it's just the kind of idiot garbage that appeals to the trash in LA or New York. Tarantino made it, after all, the King of Trailer Trash Hollywood, despite his wealth, much like most Democrats of all colors..

Saw the ads for it, wasn't impressed, it's just the kind of idiot garbage that appeals to the trash in LA or New York. Tarantino made it, after all, the King of Trailer Trash Hollywood, despite his wealth, much like most Democrats of all colors..

Well, up until now I've had a level of respect for Tarantino; but I can't admit to following him that closely. This movie could be good on some level; it could be a knee-jerk reaction. But to me it just seems very irreverent even all these years later. It seems like shameless capitalization on someone else's pain.

Well, up until now I've had a level of respect for Tarantino; but I can't admit to following him that closely. This movie could be good on some level; it could be a knee-jerk reaction. But to me it just seems very irreverent even all these years later. It seems like shameless capitalization on someone else's pain.

He should stick to the B horror movie genre, his only strength. He only has one movie, and makes it over and over and over.

He should stick to the B horror movie genre, his only strength. He only has one movie, and makes it over and over and over.

I don't think he's bad; but I don't buy the hype. One recent article called 'Pulp Fiction' the best movie ever. I've never even cared to sit through it.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/25/quentin-tarantinos-exploitation-has-no-place-in-hollywood-anymore/
Quentin Tarantino’s new movie, “Once Upon a Time in . . . Hollywood,” is a love letter to the film industry days of yore — the late ’60s, to be exact. Men were men, female actors were “starlets” and the words “Me too” had yet to be hashtagged.

It shouldn’t come as a huge surprise that a guy who partnered with producer Harvey Weinstein up until the latter’s shattering downfall would feel a bit nostalgic about the good ol’ retro days in the film biz. But just like Harvey, Tarantino and his oeuvre are things that should now move quietly into the “boy, bye” column.

Saw it. Agree with the New York Post article 100%.

I’m looking forward to seeing this movie in about 10 days.
Tarantino may be an a-hole (i really dunno), but his movies are fun to watch ... if you don’t take the violence too seriously.

Tarantino may be an a-hole (i really dunno), but his movies are fun to watch ... if you don’t take the violence too seriously.

If I watch it, it'll be on Red Box. I won't be substantially contributing to his coffers on this one.

If I watch it, it'll be on Red Box. I won't be substantially contributing to his coffers on this one.
I’d rather watch an intriguing movie on a BIG screen w/ BIG surround sound for a low price. For only $6, you can see a movie at an AMC theater on TUESDAYS (if you sign up for free Stubs “membership”). I think Century theaters also have a similar low price on Mondays or Tuesdays. Don’t know about other chains.

There was literally no plot to this movie. The last time I listen to the critics

There was literally no plot to this movie. The last time I listen to the critics

Critics on corporate payrolls.

RTLJ.png

^^^
The Internet’s Funniest Responses to the ‘Remake The Last Jedi‘ Campaign << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

Comment

46% huh? Does this count the recent massive influx of 5 star reviews over 1 weekend by made up accounts (often named after Presidents of the USA)? Do not trust this site's reviews. So called Critics are often small time online reviewers heavily influenced by advertising dollars and audience reviews are padded by shills (due to the impact this site has on movie sales). There is little to no credit with review averages on this site. The real audience review for this movie is much lower that it's current score. 1/2 star reviews were also not counted in the average at least up until very recently and may still not be counted. User who haven't even seen the movie are allowed to rate it. There is nothing scientific about this, yet we know it's impact on the readers and this flawed system is allowed to be manipulated.

Forum List

Back