Once lovable, Patriots and their fans now booed

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Associated Press
updated 7:24 p.m. CT, Tues., Jan. 15, 2008

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Patriots owner Robert Kraft sat behind his wide desk and marveled at how his team’s jersey could be the target of so many boos — even when it’s worn by a 14-year-old girl.

This wasn’t Randy Moss or Rodney Harrison hearing the catcalls. They’re used to it.

This was Anna Grant, a high school freshman who had worked hard to win the Punt, Pass & Kick competition in her age group as the team’s representative.

When she was introduced along with the other winners before the fourth quarter of San Diego’s playoff win last Sunday, she was the only one booed by the crowd in Indianapolis, home of New England’s fiercest rival.

“Why should a champion be booed?” the boss of the three-time Super Bowl winners said Tuesday. “She won an intensive competition. She’s supposed to be honored.”

His team is getting the same reaction — not because of the spying incident in the season opener but because fans like to see teams at the top get knocked off, he said. If the Chargers can’t do it Sunday, New England will be headed to its fourth Super Bowl in seven seasons.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22672387/

I think booing the kid just shows how much "class" sports fans in this country actually have.

Having said that, I think Kraft is incorrect. I think a LOT of it has to do with his team getting caught spying.

Personally, I have NEVER like the Patriots going back to the year they drafted Jim Plunkett, so it's nothing new for me.

All those fans booing the Patriots are liberals.

They hate success.

The fans booing a high school kid who wins the P,P&K are just people with no class.

Fans of one team booing another team are just fans.

With all this Mitchell report crap going on, I think they should have a surprise blood test for both teams going to the Superbowl and test for steroids, hgh, AND recreational drugs AND any masking agents.

Wonder what those lineups wouold look like then, IF either team could even take the field.

Americans hate winners. because if they win someone else loses. Oh the horror of competition.

Maybe pro sports should be like pee wee soccer where they don't keep score ans evryone is a winner. oh what a wonderful world that would be........NOT

I think booing the kid just shows how much "class" sports fans in this country actually have.

Having said that, I think Kraft is incorrect. I think a LOT of it has to do with his team getting caught spying.

Personally, I have NEVER like the Patriots going back to the year they drafted Jim Plunkett, so it's nothing new for me.

Cut me a break...

What did they expect to happen in Indy when someone(anyone) in a patriots Jersey ran on the field...

I blame the event organizers not the fans... They should of held the event in NE... Girl gets cheered... Fans Go crazy everyones happy...

This was a recipe for desaster from the get go...

Cut me a break...

What did they expect to happen in Indy when someone(anyone) in a patriots Jersey ran on the field...

I blame the event organizers not the fans... They should of held the event in NE... Girl gets cheered... Fans Go crazy everyones happy...

This was a recipe for desaster from the get go...

I agree. Should of been done at a home game.

I'm a Philly sports fan. I'm used to out of the ordinary booing.

Maybe because no one outside the Boston area really like the cheating Putriots? Huh?

Forum List

Back