Once again, I find myself having to ask

Aug 22, 2014
what is it about message board that lead so many people to argue about things they don't have any clue about and then when they post something that is just wrong and someone points their error out to them , they can't simply admit to the error?

The phenomenon is so bad that I was SHOCKED (in a good way) yesterday when WorldWatcher posted something, I corrected him and he conceded the point.

I'm not going to mention the specific person who tonight posted that something was not mentioned in a certain document when it was, because this thread isn't meant to be a flame of anyone, just a discussion of why people can't admit to mistakes.

I shall tag a few people to get their thoughts on the matter. People who don't usually post in this forum, but I'd like to hear the thoughts of everyone.

bodecea
NLT
EconChick
Lakhota
Ravi

Try blocking all the libtards, trolls, and chronic liars.

It works great in life.

Works great in forums as well.

It works great in life.

you can't possibly believe this trait is unique to any one ideology, can you?

Absolutely!

Progressives and Liberals predominantly.

Much more so than in Conservatives.

just because you are unobservant don't blame me!

Shit's real.

It works great in life.

It also works particularly well with regard to the posts you make in the Religion forum about the nature, essence and role of satan in Christianity.

You clearly don't understand the Scriptures anywhere near as much as you seem to fancy yourself's doing, that's for sure.

Here to help. :thup:

It works great in life.

you can't possibly believe this trait is unique to any one ideology, can you?

Absolutely!

Progressives and Liberals predominantly.

Much more so than in Conservatives.

just because you are unobservant don't blame me!

Shit's real.
confirmation bias.

what is it about message board that lead so many people to argue about things they don't have any clue about and then when they post something that is just wrong and someone points their error out to them , they can't simply admit to the error?

The phenomenon is so bad that I was SHOCKED (in a good way) yesterday when WorldWatcher posted something, I corrected him and he conceded the point.

I'm not going to mention the specific person who tonight posted that something was not mentioned in a certain document when it was, because this thread isn't meant to be a flame of anyone, just a discussion of why people can't admit to mistakes.

I shall tag a few people to get their thoughts on the matter. People who don't usually post in this forum, but I'd like to hear the thoughts of everyone.

bodecea
NLT
EconChick
Lakhota
Ravi
Great thread.

why did this get moved out of the Clean zone?

It wasn't started in the CDZ, it was started in Current Events - which is why it was moved.

Did you intend for this to be a CDZ thread?

Oh , my mistake, yes I intended for it to be in CDZ. But it hasn't generated much conversation anyway, so I guess the point is moot anyway.

ROE's..............bummer.............Better off in the flame zone as you are calling out posters on it aren't you...................

ROLL TIDE!

I believe your time would be better spent on some critical self-reflection.

Just sayin'.

bodecea
NLT
EconChick
Lakhota
Ravi

I usually assume when people refuse to acknowledge an error they're more about being a troll than actual participant in a discussion. If you're wrong you're wrong. Appear the honorable person and admit it and move on. Insist you're right when clearly not you're simply revealing your pointy nose and green mottled skin.

Forum List

Back