Once Again, Courts Invalidate Voters Wishes

The proof of the rights' hatred for the Constitution and the freedom it provides is the way they want to re-write it by adding, changing and deleting parts of the Constitution

Why does the right hate America?
Good job parroting the talking point du jour!

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded.

Looks like someone's got their panties in wad. You're so emotional you can't even think of something relevant to the topic to say. A delicate flower such as yourself would be better off visiting a crochet discussion board.

Psst. The COTUS was designed to be added to and in effect changed, but NEVER deleted from.

Have you ever even read the document?

Have you ever heard of Prohibition? You do realize, I hope, that it was constitutional amendment, and then it was repealed.

Unless what you're objecting to is my use of the word "delete" as opposed to the more accurate "repeal".

Exactly so, nothing has and nothing ever will be deleted from the COTUS.

Fair enough. Petty, but fair

As for changing it, why would you be against that? Do you support returning it to its original form where blacks and women couldn't vote? I mean either you are FOR allowing changes to be made or you are against it. Or in the case of most liberals I know of, they , meaning YOU, are okay with changes if they are the changes YOU want.

I have not stated any position on changing the Constitution. However, wanting to change something so drastically is not a sign of being in love with the document. Thinking that majority rule trumps the Constitution, as the OP does (along with several other wingnut (but not you)) is a sure sign that ones' claim about respecting the Constitution are nothing but a big fat lie.

Of course you do. Your delusion demands nothing less.

The only delusion is your wingnut belief that your "Horseshit" response was not pitiful

Now you're reduced to childish name-calling. Once again, I accept your surrender

You know, proclaiming "I won" made Obama look like an idiot, too.

I see you're still to emotional to discuss the issue at hand. Let me know when you're ready to play with the adults.

The proof of the rights' hatred for the Constitution and the freedom it provides is the way they want to re-write it by adding, changing and deleting parts of the Constitution

Why does the right hate America?

Looks like someone's got their panties in wad. You're so emotional you can't even think of something relevant to the topic to say. A delicate flower such as yourself would be better off visiting a crochet discussion board.
I guess you missed the substantive posts I made showing how Illinois and NY law disenfranchise felons and those in jail, and how Cook County Jail inmates are being given registrations and ballots in violation of the law.

You wanna go back and look at them, or would you rather continue pretending they aren't there?

The only delusion is your wingnut belief that your "Horseshit" response was not pitiful

Now you're reduced to childish name-calling. Once again, I accept your surrender

You know, proclaiming "I won" made Obama look like an idiot, too.

I see you're still to emotional to discuss the issue at hand. Let me know when you're ready to play with the adults.
:lol: Got it. My emotional response is childish, while yours is adult.

Hypocrite. :lol:

How is it racist to require proof of citizenship to vote? Are you claiming that voting in US elections is not a responsibility of citizenship, but a human right that applies to everyone regardless of citizenship?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

It's unconstitutional. Unlike the fascist wingnuts, liberals respect the Constitution, even when they disagree with a courts ruling.

It is rare that an individual reveal how truly inept they are in the areas of knowledge and debate as quickly as you have.

The very basis of modern liberalism is the denial of the Constitution...
Liberals think the Constitution was written on a sheet of rubber.

And can be stretched to fit any wacko agenda they support. :cuckoo:

Have you ever heard of Prohibition? You do realize, I hope, that it was constitutional amendment, and then it was repealed.

Unless what you're objecting to is my use of the word "delete" as opposed to the more accurate "repeal".

As for changing it, why would you be against that? Do you support returning it to its original form where blacks and women couldn't vote? I mean either you are FOR allowing changes to be made or you are against it. Or in the case of most liberals I know of, they , meaning YOU, are okay with changes if they are the changes YOU want.

I have not stated any position on changing the Constitution. However, wanting to change something so drastically is not a sign of being in love with the document. Thinking that majority rule trumps the Constitution, as the OP does (along with several other wingnut (but not you)) is a sure sign that ones' claim about respecting the Constitution are nothing but a big fat lie.

Being precise is not being petty. Many DO believe that things have been removed from the COTuS, that is incorrect.

As for you claim that wanting to change the COTUS means you don't love the COTUS, I say excellent, thank you for agreeing with us that Obama wanting to fundamentally transform the US means he doesn't love the US.

PS - Majority DOES rule in this country. IF for example a majority of people wanted to banish black people, it COULD be done, there is no mechanism to stop such an Amendment from being voted in, of course the odds of it happening are slim to none and slim just left, BUT your claim that the majority do not rule is incorrect.

I guess you missed the substantive posts I made showing how Illinois and NY law disenfranchise felons and those in jail, and how Cook County Jail inmates are being given registrations and ballots in violation of the law.

You wanna go back and look at them, or would you rather continue pretending they aren't there?

I suppose you missed the post about how the GOP is THE ONLY PARTY that court of law has found to have engaged in voter intimidation as a matter of policy. The GOP went to court arguing that they had a constitutional right to intimidate voters.

You wanna go back and look at it, or would you rather continue pretending it didnt happen?

Court Rules Arizona Can’t Demand Proof of Citizenship for Voter Registration

"The state of Arizona cannot require documents proving citizenship for new voter registration, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled today. The court ruled that a 2004 law created by Proposition 200 that made voters show a birth certificate, driver’s license or passport before registering to vote violated federal law. The National Voter Registration Act allows voters to register without documentation, but designates lying about citizenship as perjury. Election experts say non-citizen voting is infrequent enough that it has no effect on election results."

Court Rules Arizona Can’t Demand Proof of Citizenship for Voter Registration The Washington Independent

Once again, non-elected judges have obviated a legitimate mandate that the people voted for...

The latest variation of totalitarianism is neither religious, nor even political: it is cultural. “Totalitarian democracy” is a term made famous by J. L. Talmon to refer to a system of government in which lawfully elected representatives maintain the integrity of a nation state whose citizens, while granted the right to vote, have little or no participation in the decision-making process of the government.

Sorry about your luck, you're not able to discriminate against the Latino community.. Look on the bright side, you still have your racist governor and Sheriff Joe.

Happily, the people of the United States are tiring of you slime, who throw around aspirsions like 'racist' as though it has any import.

And it idicts you as lacking the intellect to debate, and shows that you are too much of a sap to realize that it no longer has any impact.

To put that differently, you never learned to question, to look at the underpinings of your less-than-intuitive understanding of eschatological world views.

Don't think so. Someone has to stand with them against you slime.

Federal law trumps state law, sorry that's just how it works. If the people vote on a law that's unconstitutional it's still unconstitutional and should be removed.

The 9th Circus Court is filled with liberals and is the most overturned federal court in the nation. They are a joke. The 9th Circus Court legislates from the bench instead of interpreting from the bench. What's new here....It shows that they just may not be right.

As for you claim that wanting to change the COTUS means you don't love the COTUS, I say excellent, thank you for agreeing with us that Obama wanting to fundamentally transform the US means he doesn't love the US.

That's different. Somehow. It just is. You racist!

There, did I get that right, USMB leftists?

I suppose you missed the post about how the GOP is THE ONLY PARTY that court of law has found to have engaged in voter intimidation as a matter of policy. The GOP went to court arguing that they had a constitutional right to intimidate voters.

You wanna go back and look at it, or would you rather continue pretending it didnt happen?

two words

Black Panthers

Being precise is not being petty. Many DO believe that things have been removed from the COTuS, that is incorrect.

Back to making stuff up so soon? I never said " wanting to change the COTUS means you don't love the COTUS", nor did I say "Obama wanting to fundamentally transform the US means he doesn't love the US."

Once again, you've proven that if a conservative doesn't make stuff up, he won't have anything to say.

PS - Majority DOES rule in this country. IF for example a majority of people wanted to banish black people, it COULD be done, there is no mechanism to stop such an Amendment from being voted in, of course the odds of it happening are slim to none and slim just left, BUT your claim that the majority do not rule is incorrect.

Umm, constitutional amendments require more than a majority vote.

Oh, so you're prepared to make the claim that voting in US elections is a fundamental human right and not a privilege and responsibility of citizenship?

Because that's the only way your argument will stand.

Sorry about your luck, you're not able to discriminate against the Latino community.. Look on the bright side, you still have your racist governor and Sheriff Joe.

Happily, the people of the United States are tiring of you slime, who throw around aspirsions like 'racist' as though it has any import.

And it idicts you as lacking the intellect to debate, and shows that you are too much of a sap to realize that it no longer has any impact.

To put that differently, you never learned to question, to look at the underpinings of your less-than-intuitive understanding of eschatological world views.

Careful -- sangha will condemn you for making an emotional response.

Oh, wait...no, he won't.

Back to making stuff up so soon? I never said " wanting to change the COTUS means you don't love the COTUS", nor did I say "Obama wanting to fundamentally transform the US means he doesn't love the US."

Once again, you've proven that if a conservative doesn't make stuff up, he won't have anything to say.

Umm, constitutional amendments require more than a majority vote.

oh, you DID say it.

I didn't say a simple majority vote. Of course it's not that simple. Only YOU are that simple, well you and some of your brethren and sisters.

Federal law trumps state law, sorry that's just how it works. If the people vote on a law that's unconstitutional it's still unconstitutional and should be removed.

The 9th Circus Court is filled with liberals and is the most overturned federal court in the nation. They are a joke. The 9th Circus Court legislates from the bench instead of interpreting from the bench. What's new here....It shows that they just may not be right.

you know that's only 18 reversals, right?

United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit - Judgepedia

so yeah, its the most of what the court took in terms of percentages, but it's still only 18 cases out of how many that they hear? :eusa_whistle:

just sayin'

it's easy to repeat what we hear... particularly when it's based in truth. but sometimes we need to look a little bit closer. :)

two words

Black Panthers

WHen you're done pretending to care about voter intimidation, I'm sure you'll get around to criticizing the GOP for being the only party that a court has decided engaged in voter intimidation on a systematic basis

Careful -- sangha will condemn you for making an emotional response.

Oh, wait...no, he won't.

The next leftie on this board who I see call out a leftie for bad behavior will be the FIRST leftie I see doing so on this board.

Forum List

Back