Once again austerity fails

I've been doing a lot of reading from a very large and successful hedge fund that makes the same argument - austerity does not work, at least relating to solving huge fiscal debts. The pieces are written by people who have worked on debt restructurings and bankruptcies of countries in the past. Austerity simply doesn't solve it, though that's what countries try at the beginning. Instead, it is almost always solved by restructuring the debt, i.e. bankruptcy, currency devaluations and money printing. Austerity contracts the economy and creates tremendous political pressure, which causes the country to turn to other solutions.

I've been doing a lot of reading from a very large and successful hedge fund that makes the same argument - austerity does not work, at least relating to solving huge fiscal debts. The pieces are written by people who have worked on debt restructurings and bankruptcies of countries in the past. Austerity simply doesn't solve it, though that's what countries try at the beginning. Instead, it is almost always solved by restructuring the debt, i.e. bankruptcy, currency devaluations and money printing. Austerity contracts the economy and creates tremendous political pressure, which causes the country to turn to other solutions.

So it's a stepping stone, a piece of the puzzle? What are the 'other solutions' that they turn to?

So it's a stepping stone, a piece of the puzzle? What are the 'other solutions' that they turn to?

- debt restructuring
- currency devaluations
- money printing

Except thay Italy has to adhere to the strict rules of the eurozone and is not at liberty to devalue its currency or money printing. They would have to dump the euro and readopt the Lira before they could implement such measures.

and how has austerity done in turning things arround?

its made the situation worse.

Look at the numbers you lying sacks of shit

Only a fool compares apples with oranges. The Italian situation bears no resemblance to the USA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

austerity doesnt work and you have no proof it does

Tell me, why do you think that borrowing and spending money you don't have is a good policy?

I know I know you will just lie some more and call me a few more names.

Its what fucking brain washed idiots do

Coming from you, that's more than hilarious!

Your lies are legend and as for name calling, here are some of posts made by YOU in this very thread:

"dear fucking idiot, you are the one avoiding the subject by talking about me personally instead of disscussing the FACTS I brought you."

damn you people are stupid" post 16

"fuck you.

prove austerity works" post 18

"dear fool in this analogy the country is the car.

you suggest they just let the country die?" Post 45

"hey snail trail" post 86

"They called it austerity.

they did cut you lying sacks of shit" post 120

"already did asshole" post 124

"Look at the numbers you lying sacks of shit" post 135

"fuck you you childish little pecker head.

I dont care if they were.

Your lying and Im telling the truth.

fuck anyone who laughs the truth off" post 154

"snail trailer" post 156

"how is it you can leave a snail trail so long?" Post 170

"Its tanking their economy you fucking idiot" post 177

But, as you say TM...Lying and name calling is what brainwashed idiots do. You prove that point admirably!

I know I know you will just lie some more and call me a few more names.

Its what fucking brain washed idiots do

Coming from you, that's more than hilarious!

Your lies are legend and as for name calling, here are some of posts made by YOU in this very thread:

"dear fucking idiot, you are the one avoiding the subject by talking about me personally instead of disscussing the FACTS I brought you."

damn you people are stupid" post 16

"fuck you.

prove austerity works" post 18

"dear fool in this analogy the country is the car.

you suggest they just let the country die?" Post 45

"hey snail trail" post 86

"They called it austerity.

they did cut you lying sacks of shit" post 120

"already did asshole" post 124

"Look at the numbers you lying sacks of shit" post 135

"fuck you you childish little pecker head.

I dont care if they were.

Your lying and Im telling the truth.

fuck anyone who laughs the truth off" post 154

"snail trailer" post 156

"how is it you can leave a snail trail so long?" Post 170

"Its tanking their economy you fucking idiot" post 177

But, as you say TM...Lying and name calling is what brainwashed idiots do. You prove that point admirably!

oops.....looks like it might be time for "Truth" to pack up and leave....her veil has just fallen.....

Except thay Italy has to adhere to the strict rules of the eurozone and is not at liberty to devalue its currency or money printing. They would have to dump the euro and readopt the Lira before they could implement such measures.

And that's what the end game may be.

Forum List

Back