Once again austerity fails

• Banned
how can you continue to support ideas that fail OVER and OVER again in practice?

• Banned
remember how the right kept saying stimulus doesnt work?

Here's a clue. Don't condone the deficit spending by government in the first place, and you wont have a harsh contraction when it's time to pay the piper. Austerity isn't something that can be avoided when the government spends far beyond its means and the citizens play along like the gift of living the lxurty life on a credit card.

Not that this makes sense to many.

• Banned
Your right leaning ideas crashed the economy and republicans have increased the debt more every time they are elected

oh personal attacks in the face of facts you can not overcome.

gee so suprising

yeah call me names because that will make austerity work huh

She's just mental from what i can tell. She posts these types of things without even trying to commit to a conservation based on their merit, then flies off about republicans and failed and ideas the economic crash. Saying the same shit over and over.

Alright, Im not gonna waste any more time reading TMs threads.

dear fucking idiot, you are the one avoiding the subject by talking about me personally instead of disscussing the FACTS I brought you.

damn you people are stupid

Your right leaning ideas crashed the economy and republicans have increased the debt more every time they are elected

how do you explain California?.....and dont give me the Prop 13 bullshit.....it was passed by a majority Democratic Legislature with Brown as Gov......the Voters were majority Democrats who voted it in....and if its so bad why haven't any Democrats out here tried to overturn it?....ill tell you why because it would affect them just like any Righty.....now explain California.....

I didn't call you names and it is obvious that you don't know what austerity means. You imagine that it is something government cooks up to impose on the people. What it really means is that the government has run out of money and cannot borrow any more. The sources have dried up. The government cannot keep up the level of spending it had and must cut back. It has no choice. It has simply run of money.

The only thing the government can do at that point is stop supporting all of the programs that it did support or print worthless money and go down the line of the Weimar Republic.

The results of austerity are harsh and inarguable.

Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino have all run out of money. They are spending more than they collect in taxes. They cannot tax more. They cannot borrow. They were crippled by outisized pensions and legacy costs. Now they pay no pensions or legacy costs and have fired half the public service workers. They have imposed austerity measures on the people.

how do you explain California?.....and dont give me the Prop 13 bullshit.....it was passed by a majority Democratic Legislature with Brown as Gov......the Voters were majority Democrats who voted it in....and if its so bad why haven't any Democrats out here tried to overturn it?....ill tell you why because it would affect them just like any Righty.....now explain California.....

She thinks that Prop 13 fixed the property taxes forever more. She has no idea that property taxes not only go up, just not as such a fast rate, the raise is fixed. But, every time a property is transferred by sale or inheritance it is reassessed so that the taxes reflect the current real market value.

Forum List

Back