"On what planet do you spend most of your time?"

You know, that was a very poor thing for a politician to do and despite the fact that I am not a Barney Frank fan, I am very surprised that he said that. Politicians typically hold their tongues in front of constituents. What they say behind closed doors is one thing but in front of constituents is another matter. He has no idea how many people will see that and agree with her and vote for his opponent in the future.

He might have thought it and he might have thought it was funny, but, I am surprised that he actually said it.

Immie

Ever been to the big city in the Northeast?

Unfortunately, No, why?

Unfortunately, my travels have thus far kept me from seeing the "perceived" beauty of the North East, but some day I hope to.

I have actually, now that I remember it, been to New Jersey, Newark, I think, but sitting in the airport with an exhausted wife and three teen-agers limits the qualification of having "been" to New Jersey.

Immie

Note: I don't even remember what airport I was in. We flew in after our flight home was re routed and I don't even remember which airport it was. I remember it seemed like it had a mall in it. Just what I want... travel to an airport to go to the frigging mall! Oh boy!!

I'm asking because Barney fits the "abrupt" style of Boston, New York, Philadelphia to a T.

I'll tell you what, good ole Barney spends most of his time on Uranus...

(If someone else already posted this joke, my apologies, I have not read the entire thread.)

I'm asking because Barney fits the "abrupt" style of Boston, New York, Philadelphia to a T.

You know, I got myself in hot water... scalding hot... with my best friend on the boards for stating something like "everyone from the NE (Boston in particular) was arrogant". But, despite the fact that she lived outside of Boston at the time, shouldn't have bothered her... now should it?

In fact, I'm not even sure she has actually forgiven me for that statement yet and I said it when Kerry was running for President.

Immie

Last edited:

You know, I got myself in hot water... scalding hot... with my best friend on the boards for stating something like "everyone from the NE (Boston in particular) was arrogant". But, despite the fact that she lived outside of Boston at the time, shouldn't have bothered her... now should it?

In fact, I'm not even sure she has actually forgiven me for that statement yet and I said it when Kerry was running for President.

Immie

Arrogant is not the same thing as abrupt. Californians are arrogant. I should know, I live here.

Immie

Arrogant is not the same thing as abrupt. Californians are arrogant. I should know, I live here.

Not all of us... But then again, I'm not a native... Though I have lived here for more than thirty years...

I am a native... although I moved out 15 years ago. I don't remember being arrogant and I don't think I'm arrogant now... except for when I'm driving on the road with all those morons who try to cut into traffic after their lane ends. Or the morons that drive 25 mph below the speed limit on the freeway while talking on their cell phones.

Immie

You know, that was a very poor thing for a politician to do and despite the fact that I am not a Barney Frank fan, I am very surprised that he said that. Politicians typically hold their tongues in front of constituents. What they say behind closed doors is one thing but in front of constituents is another matter. He has no idea how many people will see that and agree with her and vote for his opponent in the future.

He might have thought it and he might have thought it was funny, but, I am surprised that he actually said it.

Immie

I think Barney Frank has taken all he can. Once the world found out he was gay, he was the object of ridicule almost non-stop. I think he's finally reached the point where he feels like enough is enough, and he's damned well gonna say exactly how he feels when approached by stupid people. To me, it was a little like watching the British Parliament in action. Ever heard them yell at each other and hurl insults left and right?

Immie

Not all of us... But then again, I'm not a native... Though I have lived here for more than thirty years...

I am a native... although I moved out 15 years ago. I don't remember being arrogant and I don't think I'm arrogant now... except for when I'm driving on the road with all those morons who try to cut into traffic after their lane ends. Or the morons that drive 25 mph below the speed limit on the freeway while talking on their cell phones.

Immie

Don't mean it as an insult...just a fact. And yes, on the road way is where we display our arrogance the most.

Don't mean it as an insult...just a fact. And yes, on the road way is where we display our arrogance the most.

Didn't take it as an insult, just an opinion and, of course, you're welcome to it. I'm sure many of us are arrogant but I doubt the percentage of arrogant Californians is much higher than the rest of the world's population.

As a Christian, I won't put any religious symbols on my car. Because when I blow up like I did yesterday on site, I don't want it to reflect on Christ. I blew it yesterday and owe two people apologies.

I wonder if they received those apologies via ESP, yet, because I can be stubborn and I'm not yet ready to type those words. :lol:

I think Barney Frank has taken all he can. Once the world found out he was gay, he was the object of ridicule almost non-stop. I think he's finally reached the point where he feels like enough is enough, and he's damned well gonna say exactly how he feels when approached by stupid people. To me, it was a little like watching the British Parliament in action. Ever heard them yell at each other and hurl insults left and right?

I didn't say he was wrong for doing it. Just that I was surprised that he did.

Immie

Last edited:
The real palin-like bimbo was the one from the Pennsylvania townhall with Specter telling him to restore the Constitution. She was interviewed on MSNBC and this woman was so----------------------dumb. I have shoes with higher IQ"s. She did not know what Medicare was!!! When asked if her senior parents received Medicare , she giggled and said "I don't know, we don't discuss politics" Un-freaking-believable. When asked if she knew Medicare was socialized medicine she just giggled again and said " I don't know very much about things like that." This dumb broard has never read the "Constitution". When asked if Obam raised taxes on people making over $250K would that affect her, she said " Oh, I have no idea, my husband works and takes care of us, and I have no idea how much money he makes!!! FOR REAL this was a true bimbo who could't find her way out of a wet paper bag if Sarah was in there with her helping!!!

Good one!

You nailed that Katy Abrams chick perfectly.

She is a daffy chick.

Also runs some kind of small group of so called Libertarians , just started up to protest against our new Black President . Imagine that?

Oh balnoney luissa. And I love to have been that woman.

Response to Ole Barn:

Let me see, dummy, unfortunately I occupy the same damn planet as your physical body does. Obviously your brain is else where.

Are you trying to tell me you don't know that the Nazis had national healh care and were really big proponents of Eugenics like most of Obama's czars, whose positions are basically unconstitutinal and often duplicative?

Last edited:

Response to Ole Barn:

Let me see, dummy, unfortunately I occupy the same damn planet as your physical body does. Obviously your brain is else where.

Are you trying to tell me you don't know that the Nazis had national healh care and were really big proponents of Eugenics like most of Obama's czars, whose positions are basically unconstitutinal and often duplicative?

Calling a racially mixed president and a jewish senator "Nazis" is hysterical.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance.

We are a laughingstock.

Response to Ole Barn:

Calling a racially mixed president and a jewish senator "Nazis" is hysterical.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance.

We are a laughingstock.

Tommy has the newest Play Station, why can't I?! And.... What would the neighbors say is your case for health care?

Forum List

Back