On Vacation In Miami Beach*

Sorry bout that,

1. Back in Miami Beach.
2. Went to final day of trade show.
3. Did anyone else go?
4. If you did you saw me, I can't be missed.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Hanging out.
2. Beach is Great!!!
3. About a block away from beach.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Head west on SW 8th st (Miami, not Miami Beach) and find a place called Versailles. Walk up to the window and ask for a "colada" Anyone who visits Miami, MUST try Cuban coffee. Try some of the pastries in the bakery while you're there.
This place is better, and closer, imo.

Puerto Sagua Restaurant - Miami Beach Restaurant - MenuPages Cuban, Latin American Restaurant Search

But you don't seriously think chessy is going to go anywhere where he might hear spanish, do you?

I've been there, maybe 4 or 5 years back. Over priced and their food and Cuban coffee suck in comparison to Versailles and La Carreta a couple blocks down Calle Ocho. La Carreta's Vaca frita is to die for and you will not find a better pastry between Orlando and Havana than at Versailles.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to have a "hole in the wall" type place - a walk up counter joint where people could get real good food weather it is paella with pork chops, Swedish meatballs, a Burger or pasta etc...

I'm gonna open up a floating short order joint next season on a pontoon boat that I'm gonna strip and outfit for it. Idk about the swedish meatballs or anything, but it's gonna be cool as hell. I was hoping to get it done this season but I got way too busy with my other business and quite frankly I wasn't happy about my cash to be investing in another business right now. I'm at the shore here in NJ and there's waterways everywhere and more boaters than you could imagine and no one else is doing it. It's gonna be a gold mine.

They already have those out here on the Chain-o-lakes here in Illinois.... Hell, they even have a pontoon boat bar that is only accessible by boat (Blarney Island - The GREATEST Boating Bar in the WORLD!) - its the most famous bar in my county for sure.... They even have ice cream boats hahaha.... I'm shocked there isn't some fast food chain on the lake(s) yet with a boat drive thru...

It's pretty interesting tho because everything they have on land, on the Chain you can get on water - it's almost like waterworld...

I can cook up some of the best Latin food on the planet..... That, Italian and obviously classic American (burgers, steal pork chops, chicken, ribs etc).

I've always wanted to have a "hole in the wall" type place - a walk up counter joint where people could get real good food weather it is paella with pork chops, Swedish meatballs, a Burger or pasta etc...

remember that small place al pacino had to start working in Scarface ;)

Yeah just like that.... But the food would be really good.....

Scarface is probably my favorite move of all time....

"I kill communists for fun" :lol: :clap2:

I'm gonna open up a floating short order joint next season on a pontoon boat that I'm gonna strip and outfit for it. Idk about the swedish meatballs or anything, but it's gonna be cool as hell. I was hoping to get it done this season but I got way too busy with my other business and quite frankly I wasn't happy about my cash to be investing in another business right now. I'm at the shore here in NJ and there's waterways everywhere and more boaters than you could imagine and no one else is doing it. It's gonna be a gold mine.

They already have those out here on the Chain-o-lakes here in Illinois.... Hell, they even have a pontoon boat bar that is only accessible by boat (Blarney Island - The GREATEST Boating Bar in the WORLD!) - its the most famous bar in my county for sure.... They even have ice cream boats hahaha.... I'm shocked there isn't some fast food chain on the lake(s) yet with a boat drive thru...

It's pretty interesting tho because everything they have on land, on the Chain you can get on water - it's almost like waterworld...
I bet those concession boats do very well too. It's the convenience factor of not having access to that kind of thing on the water otherwise, along with the piqued curiosity and interest in people doing that kind of business to begin with.

I would never open a restaurant on land...highest failure rate, and you compete with every single restaurant within driving distance, which is usually a lot in civilized areas. But on the water, at least around here anyway, I'll be the only game in town.

raosted dog?

raosted dog?

Clearly my username doesn't say 'Barack".

Only CWN would vacation in Fla. in July........must've got a great deal on rates. (Please resume your normal activities).

Sorry bout that,

you're really taking the full tour of Florida. You cross Alligator Alley to Naples?

1. Yup.
2. They have the best freeways here, smooth as glass.
3. Florida is *NICE*!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You'd get tired of green 365 days a year PDQ. I did. I lived 20 miles north of Ft Lauderdale for 9 years. South Florida has only 2 seasons. They are called "hot" and "too damned hot"
At least Southern Alabama has 4 seasons they are called :warm and wet", "Hot and maybe wet", "warm and dry" and "slightly chilly"

ETA: Yes the roads are in pretty good shape and Alligator Alley is a great drive from Ft Lauderdale to Naples, but you obviously haven't tried to drive from Miami to Ft Lauderdale at 4:30 PM on a week day.. It could be a 20 minute ride or 2.5 hours of hell. I had a damned PLANE crash on the road right in front of me one day. Watched the pilot burn to death right in front of me.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Wow Ernie, thats a wild experience.
2. We are in Galveston now, at the beach, I am relaxing in a hotel over looking the beach and Gulf of Mexico.
3. This ain't no Miami Beach but its very nice.
4. Water smells different here than Miami, stronger ocean smell here in Gulf.
5. Their is a great Pier called *Pleasure Pier*,with rides here, wonderful for kids, a little pricey, not really bad, worth it, seeing the fun the kids are having.
6. We are heading to San Antonio later today, where Obama will be stumping it, I am sure all of twenty people will show up for him. :badgrin:

Sorry bout that,

1. Was at The ALAMO, got there about 5pm yesterday, its a shrine, no pictures, this location was going to be a church, which never was finished, seeing so many died within the walls of it.
2. Its really a great memorial to those who died there, its free to enter, and ask questions, but,......in my mind,....... I would like to see them have a Catholic Church in it, to show respect for them who died, to show the never give up spirit.
3. It was started out to b a Catholic Church, that never got finished, its important to finish the job I think.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back