On this day The great American Robert E Lee

Too bad for his legacy that he chose to fight for slavery. Robert E. Lee, forever the brilliant general turned traitor and slaver puppet...

Too bad he wasn't shot in the face immediately upon resigning. Perhaps a great many lives could have been saved.
He fought for slavery huh?
The South was all about Slavery. all but 2 of the States that left the Union SPECIFICALLY cited slavery as the reason they left.

Too bad for his legacy that he chose to fight for slavery. Robert E. Lee, forever the brilliant general turned traitor and slaver puppet...

Too bad he wasn't shot in the face immediately upon resigning. Perhaps a great many lives could have been saved.
The South was all about Slavery. all but 2 of the States that left the Union SPECIFICALLY cited slavery as the reason they left.
No just democrats

The claim that the Civil War was over States rights is correct, the thing that is ignored is that State right was Slavery, almost every State that left specifically said in the letter leaving the Union they left BECAUSE of Slavery.

It is a tribute to the Republic that Lee and others were forgiven in order to try to heal the nation.

The claim that the Civil War was over States rights is correct, the thing that is ignored is that State right was Slavery, almost every State that left specifically said in the letter leaving the Union they left BECAUSE of Slavery.
Bulll SHIT ,, Democrats wanted to leave most of the southern shad no slaves and didn’t want them.. it was the big mouth reps.. not the people

Bulll SHIT ,, Democrats wanted to leave most of the southern shad no slaves and didn’t want them.. it was the big mouth reps.. not the people
You can not change facts. No matter what lies or untruths you tell. The South left because Lincoln was elected and they thought he would abolish slavery.

You can not change facts. No matter what lies or untruths you tell. The South left because Lincoln was elected and they thought he would abolish slavery.
Yes not southerns the rich slave owners connected to democrat representatives.. most southerners fought because Yankees were on their land .. just facts

Yet Lee did not mention it as a reason for his actions. Indeed, he was against secession.

So, probably not what he was fighting for.

That is why you felt the need to scream, "Traitorous Bastard!" in the thread, because you don't care?

What else do you not care about, that you feel compelled to scream at people about?

I like triggering you people.

That is why you felt the need to scream, "Traitorous Bastard!" in the thread, because you don't care?

What else do you not care about, that you feel compelled to scream at people about?

I like triggering you people.

I asked you about your comment. Hardly "triggered".

So, do you have anything to actually say on the topic then, or are you admitting that you are here solely to troll?

So, do you have anything to actually say on the topic then, or are you admitting that you are here solely to troll?

Just here to troll and make your kind take precious time out of your day to respond.

The ignore button is your friend.

Just here to troll and make your kind take precious time out of your day to respond.

The ignore button is your friend.

What is wrong with you, that this is your idea of fun?

I wish Lee had followed fellow Virginian George H. Thomas's example and joined the Union army instead. Still, I admire and respect Lee. He always strove to follow the rules of war. If the honorable but blockheaded Jefferson Davis had followed Lee's advice more often, the Confederacy might have won. As early as 1862, Lee was privately urging Davis to begin a program of gradual emancipation, but Davis did not act on this advice until it was too late.

The South preferred an illegal attempt at separation rather than a legal, Constitutional process in its desire to annul the Perpetual Union. They chose war over reason. That is simple rebellion. Add to that the slavery issue, and everything about their treason loses any possible virtue.

The South preferred an illegal attempt at separation rather than a legal, Constitutional process in its desire to annul the Perpetual Union. They chose war over reason. That is simple rebellion. Add to that the slavery issue, and everything about their treason loses any possible virtue.

What is the legal process for secession? (this is the first I have heard this claim, btw)

Slavery was the issue that forced the fight, without it there would have still been issues, but they probably would have been settled peacefully.

Forum List

Back