ON THIS DAY | 30 | 1981: President Reagan is shot

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/30/newsid_2530000/2530913.stm

President Ronald Reagan has been shot and wounded after a lone gunman opened fire in Washington.
He is currently undergoing emergency surgery at George Washington University Hospital but there are unconfirmed reports he walked in unaided.

Initial reports claim he may have a punctured lung.

Five to six shots were fired as he left the Washington Hilton Hotel where he had been addressing a union convention, about one mile from the White House.

A man, firing at close range, also wounded White House Press Secretary James Brady in the head.

Had just arrived for my poly sci class in foreign policy euro II (sounds dull eh) and the prof walks in and says "class is dismissed the President has been shot I suggest you all go home and watch the news".. Man that was a tough day I thought the President was a goner at first...

I was in 8th grade and we were getting ready for a pep ralley. We all sat in the gym and watched the news on a TV instead....

Fort Rucker Alabama as a civilian flight instructor for the U.S. Army. Between students, in the Instrument Flight Simulator building. (The best trained helicopter pilots in the world, I might add.)

I know where I was when Kennedy was shot too, do you?.. ;)

i was probably crawling on the floor somewhere totally unaware of what was going on.

Mr. P said:
Fort Rucker Alabama as a civilian flight instructor for the U.S. Army. Between students, in the Instrument Flight Simulator building. (The best trained helicopter pilots in the world, I might add.)

I know where I was when Kennedy was shot too, do you?.. ;)
What a coincidence! I was working for Singer Link back in 1981, which made helpicopter and flight simulators. I remember the day as well. Fort Rucker, was that the Cobra helicopter or CH-47? I don't think the Apache (AH-64) had come out yet..... I was working on F-4 simulators at the time....

I also remember the day of Kennedy's assasination, I was in 1st grade and it was a Friday. I remember the teacher telling us that we were going home early but she wouldn't say why. I remember asking her how I was going to get home, because my parents both worked and she told me that they would be getting out of work early. That was odd I thought, why would THEY be getting out of work early too? At first I thought it was because of a holiday, then the announcement came over the loud speaker that the president had been shot.

KarlMarx said:
What a coincidence! I was working for Singer Link back in 1981, which made helpicopter and flight simulators. I remember the day as well. Fort Rucker, was that the Cobra helicopter or CH-47? I don't think the Apache (AH-64) had come out yet..... I was working on F-4 simulators at the time....
It was the UH-1H Karl.
At the time that was the aircraft used for instrument training,
both simulator and actual flight. As I recall the AH-64 was still being tested and not in the inventory yet.

Forum List

Back