On the wrong side, again, in Egypt

Foreign meddling has caused this chaos in Egypt. Great Britain and the U.S. hoodwinked many in Egypt into believing the Muslim Brotherhood was a good choice. Clearly they both expressed their support for them. Hillary Clinton and Obama are known to have close ties with some of its members. Apparently, the Egyptian People woke up and told Great Britain, the U.S., and the Muslim Brotherhood to piss off. Good for them. It's their country.

Foreign meddling has caused this chaos in Egypt. Great Britain and the U.S. hoodwinked many in Egypt into believing the Muslim Brotherhood was a good choice. Clearly they both expressed their support for them. Hillary Clinton and Obama are known to have close ties with some of its members. Apparently, the Egyptian People woke up and told Great Britain, the U.S., and the Muslim Brotherhood to piss off. Good for them. It's their country.

Sorry to come-off as argumentative here, but, really?

Frankly (in all collegiality and respect) I am having a difficult time believing that either the U.K. nor the U.S. had any significant impact whatsoever upon the voting decisions of the Egyptian Voting Public.

As I understand the history (and that understanding is admittedly shaky at best), there were a large number of candidates for President on the ballot and the Egyptian Voting Public was so badly fragmented that no one candidate picked up a clear majority - and that Morsi and the Brotherhood won the election simply because they garnered the largest minority-percentage of the total votes cast.

I seriously doubt that we (The West, in general, or the U.K and the U.S., specifically), had any significant impact upon the decision of Voters in their 2012 general elections.

They made their choice... and it dawned upon them, without any significant prodding on the part of outsiders... that that choice was destined to take them down a road where few freedom-loving Egyptians had any desire to see it go. So they fixed their mistake.

Frankly (in all collegiality and respect) I am having a difficult time believing that either the U.K. nor the U.S. had any significant impact whatsoever upon the voting decisions of the Egyptian Voting Public.

As I understand the history (and that understanding is admittedly shaky at best), there were a large number of candidates for President on the ballot and the Egyptian Voting Public was so badly fragmented that no one candidate picked up a clear majority - and that Morsi and the Brotherhood won the election simply because they garnered the largest minority-percentage of the total votes cast.

I seriously doubt that we (The West, in general, or the U.K and the U.S., specifically), had any significant impact upon the decision of Voters in their 2012 general elections.

They made their choice... and it dawned upon them, without any significant prodding on the part of outsiders... that that choice was destined to take them down a road where few freedom-loving Egyptians had any desire to see it go. So they fixed their mistake.

I hear ya, but the foreign meddling did have something to do with it. Clearly, Great Britain and the U.S. decided to sell the Muslim Brotherhood to the Egyptian People. Just go back and read what the British & American Governments were saying about the Muslim Brotherhood. They described them in nothing but glowing terms. It's also known that Hillary Clinton and Obama have close ties with some of its members.

So there clearly was a coordinated effort to sell the Muslim Brotherhood. But the People rose up and told Great Britain, the U.S., and Muslim Brotherhood to piss off. That has left us in a very embarrassing awkward position. Now we're stuck supporting an illegal Military Coup. It's a real mess.

Reaping What Obama’s Sown in Egypt

August 16, 2013 By Matthew Vadum

President Obama continues to offer his blessings to the theocratic totalitarians of the Muslim Brotherhood as they spill blood on Egyptian streets in an effort to restore Mohamed Morsi to power.

Our terrorist-supporting president has the gall to scold the military, the most stable, trusted institution in Egypt, while his Islamofascist allies burn scores of Coptic churches in the region where Christianity began more than six centuries before the birth of Mohammed. The military has been struggling mightily to shut down Morsi supporters’ camps that Islamists use to launch attacks.

Yesterday an angry-sounding Obama took time out from his busy golf schedule while vacationing in a $7 million mansion on Martha’s Vineyard. Ignoring the violent provocations of his friends in the Muslim Brotherhood, he declared that the interim government and security forces in Egypt were out of control.

The Egyptian government has embarked on “a more dangerous path taken through arbitrary arrests, a broad crackdown on Mr. Morsi’s associations and supporters, and now tragically the violence that’s taken the lives of hundreds of people and wounded thousands more.” Obama left out the fact that Morsi is a Holocaust denier who calls Jews “bloodsuckers” and “the descendants of apes and pigs” and who has vowed to wage war against Israel.

Without mentioning the weeks of murderous Morsi-supported attacks on innocents, Obama pontificated:

Meanwhile, the Muslim Brotherhood called on its supporters to march in towns and villages across Egypt today in what it bills as “a Friday of Anger.”

After a little golf and playing with Bo, his Portuguese Water Dog he had specially airlifted into Martha’s Vineyard separately, perhaps the Nobel Peace Prize winner will grab some salt water taffy and watch the chaos in Egypt unfold on TV.

Reaping What Obama?s Sown in Egypt | FrontPage Magazine

Oh noes, The Washington Post?? LMAO

We have a President who is continually making MAJOR National Security and foreign policy mistakes.. This is what happens when people elect a glorified community organizer. How much more embarrassment do we have to withstand in having a literal ASSCLOWN as President of the United States?

President Obama is not making mistakes because as far as he's concerned, he wants the US to step back.

I totally disagree with him, but he's not seeing these moves as mistakes.

We have a President who is continually making MAJOR National Security and foreign policy mistakes.. This is what happens when people elect a glorified community organizer. How much more embarrassment do we have to withstand in having a literal ASSCLOWN as President of the United States?

The WaPo supported the Iraq War. Their opinion is of no value at this time.

And the Obama WH is actually on no one's side in Egypt. They are supporting the democratic process, not taking an actual side in the conflict.

And you know this because.......?

Because it's a mess.

President Obama is not making mistakes because as far as he's concerned, he wants the US to step back.

So you do think the US is an Imperial Power?

I hear ya, but the foreign meddling did have something to do with it. Clearly, Great Britain and the U.S. decided to sell the Muslim Brotherhood to the Egyptian People. Just go back and read what the British & American Governments were saying about the Muslim Brotherhood. They described them in nothing but glowing terms. It's also known that Hillary Clinton and Obama have close ties with some of its members.

So there clearly was a coordinated effort to sell the Muslim Brotherhood. But the People rose up and told Great Britain, the U.S., and Muslim Brotherhood to piss off. That has left us in a very embarrassing awkward position. Now we're stuck supporting an illegal Military Coup. It's a real mess.

That's ridiculous.

The US nor the UK wanted to see the Muslim Brotherhood win any elections.

That's ridiculous.

The US nor the UK wanted to see the Muslim Brotherhood win any elections.

Far from ridiculous. Just go back and read what they were saying about them publicly, leading up to the Elections. They described them in nothing but glowing terms. Hillary Clinton and Obama are also known to have ties to the group. The U.S. and Great Britain were clearly selling the Muslim Brotherhood to the Egyptian People. And that has proven to be a very bloody blunder. Now we're actually stuck supporting an illegal bloody Military Coup. It's a very sad mess. We'll be experiencing Blowback on this one for many years to come.

Last edited:
When has Barry Obumbler been right about anything? This is what you get when you put pointy headed, faculty lounge theoreticians in charge.

You get a mess.

Foreign meddling has caused this chaos in Egypt. Great Britain and the U.S. hoodwinked many in Egypt into believing the Muslim Brotherhood was a good choice.

No they didn't. The Muslim Brotherhood was extremely popular in Egypt. Any democratically elected government that came after Mubarak was going to be largely dominated by them. I'm not sure why it has become trendy to ignore how popular the Muslim Brotherhood was in Egypt before Mubarak's fall. Hell, it's still fairly popular in Egypt despite what a poor job Morsi did and this coup does nothing but strengthen them.

So you do think the US is an Imperial Power?

You attempt to put words in my mouth.

I think that the US is a major Power, and is so without qualification.

Foreign meddling has caused this chaos in Egypt. Great Britain and the U.S. hoodwinked many in Egypt into believing the Muslim Brotherhood was a good choice.

No they didn't. The Muslim Brotherhood was extremely popular in Egypt. Any democratically elected government that came after Mubarak was going to be largely dominated by them. I'm not sure why it has become trendy to ignore how popular the Muslim Brotherhood was in Egypt before Mubarak's fall. Hell, it's still fairly popular in Egypt despite what a poor job Morsi did and this coup does nothing but strengthen them.

Maybe so, but foreign meddling is playing a big part. It was clear that Great Britain and the U.S. were selling the Muslim Brotherhood to the Egyptian People. And that was obviously a bloody mistake. And the meddling goes on. Now we're in an awful position of supporting an illegal Military Coup. Look at all those tanks rolling down the streets of Egypt. Look at all those military jets & helicopters buzzing around. Who do people think has supplied them to Egypt? More American Tax Dollars that could have been much better spent, or not spent at all.

Maybe so, but foreign meddling is playing a big part. It was clear that Great Britain and the U.S. were selling the Muslim Brotherhood to the Egyptian People.

The problem that I have with your stance is here the notion that the Egyptian people needed to be sold on the Muslim Brothehrood at all. We don't really care who is in power, it's one reason we haven't stopped aid despite the coup, what we care about is stability and we were willing to work with the Muslim Brotherhood, not because we wanted them to be in power, but because it was obvious that they were going to rise to power with Mubarak's fall.

We didn't put them into power, the Egyptian people did.

Maybe so, but foreign meddling is playing a big part. It was clear that Great Britain and the U.S. were selling the Muslim Brotherhood to the Egyptian People.

The problem that I have with your stance is here the notion that the Egyptian people needed to be sold on the Muslim Brothehrood at all. We don't really care who is in power, it's one reason we haven't stopped aid despite the coup, what we care about is stability and we were willing to work with the Muslim Brotherhood, not because we wanted them to be in power, but because it was obvious that they were going to rise to power with Mubarak's fall.

Yes, the Stuttering Clusterfukk DID put Morsi in power.

The revolts against Mubarek were going to happen, regardless. But what could have saved Egypt from the pain they're going through now is a little bit of pateince and a little bit of foresight on the part of the Stuttering Clusterfukk and Hitlery Clinton.

THE ONLY organized opposition group to Mubarek was the Muslim Brotherhood. Period.

And they were.... It's confusing. They were illegal but they were tolerated as a political Group.

Kinda like the IRA was illegal but had their own political party in Ireland that was recognized.

Mubarek and the Military BEGGED the Stuttering Clusterfukk and Hitlery for a year, One Year, in which more opposition parties could organize, pick candidates, talk to the people and establish platforms.

the Stuttering Clusterfukk and Hitlery refused knowing FULL WELL that the only alternative to Mubarek at the time was Morsi and the MB. They were the only ones with any organization at all.

And they were criminals.

So yeah, it's on the Stuttering Clusterfukk and it's on Hitlery.

The people of Egypt think so, too. And they have had to live it every day for two years.

Israel thinks so. Iraq, Syria, Libya and most of the ME think it's on the Stuttering Clusterfukk as well.

But you don't. So I guess that settles that.

As Egypt unravels, Team Obama increases support for Muslim Brotherhood | Fox News

Weird.

Last edited:

Our meddling always plays a part. That's just reality. Right now we're just observing more unintended consequences. We are not a nation that supports bloody illegal Military Coups. The Egyptian Military is currently using our money & weapons to slaughter the People. It really is shameful.

I don't think we should be on anyones "side" over there, has this turned out well anytime we got involved in a Middle Eastern country?

At least allow the American People to be included in the decisions on Foreign Aid. Right now, the People have no say. Big Brother passes their Tax Dollars out like candy. There is absolutely no accountability. We need big changes in the process that decides Foreign Aid issues. The People need to be included in the process.

Forum List

Back