On the Past Days

Mr. P said:
If it were an issue for "SOCIETY" I'd agree..this isn't, it's PRIVATE! What part of that don't you understand?

Knock it off with the condescention----got a bug up your ass or something ?

How to treat dying people is a social issue and has many laws that regulate it. This is merely a matter of trying to resolve a very complicated issue that is faced my many OTHER people in society.

dilloduck said:
Knock it off with the condescention----got a bug up your ass or something ?

How to treat dying people is a social issue and has many laws that regulate it. This is merely a matter of trying to resolve a very complicated issue that is faced my many OTHER people in society.
That's Bull and you know it! This is no more than the right to life people/Anti abortion USING this for their own agenda! So I'll say it again...BUTT OUT!

Mr. P said:
That's Bull and you know it! This is no more than the right to life people/Anti abortion USING this for their own agenda! So I'll say it again...BUTT OUT!

absolutely wrong---they may have put the spotlight on this case but they are FAR from the only ones who support Terri's parents. I'm far from a bible-thumping fan but I certainly support their cause in this one case!

dilloduck said:
absolutely wrong---they may have put the spotlight on this case but they are FAR from the only ones who support Terri's parents. I'm far from a bible-thumping fan but I certainly support their cause in this one case!
Whos' cause? The parents? I feel for them..But that's NOT what this
has been about at all and you know it.

Mr. P said:
Whos' cause? The parents? I feel for them..But that's NOT what this
has been about at all and you know it.

There are MANY causes here --finding out the truth being one of them !!!!

this is a FORUM Mr. P----if people wanna talk about things here who the hell are you to keep trying to tell everyone to BUTT OUT. Court proceedings are PUBLIC. You gonna tell the media what to cover next?

dilloduck said:
There are MANY causes here --finding out the truth being one of them !!!!

this is a FORUM Mr. P----if people wanna talk about things here who the hell are you to keep trying to tell everyone to BUTT OUT. Court proceedings are PUBLIC. You gonna tell the media what to cover next?
Now you're being ridicules...talk away.

Mr. P said:
Now you're being ridicules...talk away.

Ridiculous for wanting to discuss the different aspects of health care? I just don't get the attitude Mr.P. I realize that some people are totally bored with this topic just as I get totally bored with other topics but I don't jump in and say "y'all are ridiculous".

dilloduck said:
Ridiculous for wanting to discuss the different aspects of health care? I just don't get the attitude Mr.P. I realize that some people are totally bored with this topic just as I get totally bored with other topics but I don't jump in and say "y'all are ridiculous".
You know very well that I didn't "just jump in" dillo. I didn't say "y'all are ridiculous, I said YOU were being ridiculous. So go ahead a talk on.

Mr. P said:
You know very well that I didn't "just jump in" dillo. I didn't say "y'all are ridiculous, I said YOU were being ridiculous. So go ahead a talk on.

no--you just continually to say BUTT OUT, when some of us would like to discuss it--we know your opinion so feel free to move on

dilloduck said:
no--you just continually to say BUTT OUT, when some of us would like to discuss it--we know your opinion so feel free to move on
Really, you don't have a clue what my opinion is. It really doesn't matter, but I'll tell ya one thing, I'm not going to interfer in the private lives of other adults.

Mr. P said:
Really, you don't have a clue what my opinion is. It really doesn't matter, but I'll tell ya one thing, I'm not going to interfer in the private lives of other adults.

When adults ASK the courts to become involved in their business it behooves us to pay attention. Unfortunately ignorance of the law is no excuse. I WOULD have a clue what your opinion if you would be nice enough to share it. The entire board may learn something would share with us.

Mr. P said:
BULL! All ya need to do is mind your own damn business!

P - it's just not that simple or easy and I think you know it.

Let's assume for the moment that EVERY derogatory thing we've heard about Michael Schiavo is true. Let's assume that he was in some way responsible for his wife's condition, that he is attempting to hasten her death and that he is avariciously waiting to collect the balance of the money awarded for his wife's care.

Don't you think that in such a situation that society has an obligation to step in and defend the helpless spouse who cannot speak for herself? Or do you believe that a husband should be allowed to get away with murder and profit from it as well?

Now I'm not saying that any of the previous is true in this particular case. But you have all the elements there and apparently you only have the word of the husband on the matter of his wife's wishes - a husband who stands to profit substantially from his wife's death.

Sometimes society has to get involved - not to meddle, but to carry out an obligation toward a helpless individual who cannot act for him/herself.

Mr. P said:

Is murder a private matter if it's done between a husband and wife? Not that this case is definitely murder, but you're simplistic rule above just doesn't cut it in a civilized society.

rtwngAvngr said:
That's about a fifth grade level response.

Respectfully, not really. You are asking to 'assume' many things, which you and I are not privvy to.

Mr. P said:
You don't have a clue pal.

No of course. You're right. Anything goes under the cloak of privacy. Child molestation, incest, murder. It's just no ones' business.

Forum List

Back