On the new Stock Market subforum

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I think it's a waste.

It clutters the board, and "Economy" was already a sufficient subforum for talking about the stock market.

Economy could use more participation anyway.

Why take a subject like economy, which would include things like the stock market by default, and break it down into sub-categories just to clutter the board?

I could see if Economy was really busy, but it hardly is.

The economy and the stock market are mutually inclusive, as far as I'm concerned.

Just my 2 cents.

I think it's a waste.

It clutters the board, and "Economy" was already a sufficient subforum for talking about the stock market.

Economy could use more participation anyway.

Why take a subject like economy, which would include things like the stock market by default, and break it down into sub-categories just to clutter the board?

I could see if Economy was really busy, but it hardly is.

The economy and the stock market are mutually inclusive, as far as I'm concerned.

Just my 2 cents.

And yet now we have three. :D

And yet now we have three. :D

3 what?

How about this.

We trade Elections 08 for Stock Market? At least the stock market is an ongoing subject. Elections 08 are over. Everything that needs to be said about it can be said in Politics.

But then how will we find out if Al Franken wins or not?

That's what MSNBC is for :D

But you do make a good point. I forgot that the election isn't ENTIRELY over.

Yes, keep it. Don't overload the economy sub-forum with stock talk. Stocks and the economy are not mutually exclusive.

I disagree with THAT. Obviously the stock market controls OUR economy. However, the forum stays for the time being. We'll see how it works out.

I'd say the economy controls the stock market, but either way they go hand in hand.

Just seems like a waste. I could see if it was a busy subforum, like Politics was when Elections 2008 was created for that reason. It just seems like you can't talk about the economy these days without discussing the market. My guess is that discussions in Stock Market will manifest into general economy discussions anyway, and vice versa.

It'll end up being six in one, half a dozen in the other.

Like I said though, just my 2 cents. :D

I'd say the economy controls the stock market, but either way they go hand in hand.

Just seems like a waste. I could see if it was a busy subforum, like Politics was when Elections 2008 was created for that reason. It just seems like you can't talk about the economy these days without discussing the market. My guess is that discussions in Stock Market will manifest into general economy discussions anyway, and vice versa.

Why aren't you complaining about the Immigration sub-forum which is deader than New Coke?

Why aren't you complaining about the Immigration sub-forum which is deader than New Coke?

I'm not complaing Dave. This is the feedback forum, I'm just offering my opinion. I'm certainly not losing sleep over it.

My thinking when I asked about it was to have a place to discuss specific stocks. I am hoping to pick brains about specific companies - NObama told me just today that a penny stock I had been following is a scam that a buddy of his lost a lot on... This is a bit different from general 'Dow up / Dow down' discussions regarding the economy.

-Joe

My thinking when I asked about it was to have a place to discuss specific stocks. I am hoping to pick brains about specific companies - NObama told me just today that a penny stock I had been following is a scam that a buddy of his lost a lot on... This is a bit different from general 'Dow up / Dow down' discussions regarding the economy.

-Joe

I do think it would be good to discuss specific securities without cluttering "Economy" with a bunch of those threads. I'm willing to give it a chance. I'd be interested to see how many posters here trade.

And penny stocks are worthless.

Does it really matter?

I've spent a year and a half posting on this board. At this point, yes, certain things matter. If they didn't matter, I probably wouldn't waste my time here.

I do think it would be good to discuss specific securities without cluttering "Economy" with a bunch of those threads. I'm willing to give it a chance. I'd be interested to see how many posters here trade.

And penny stocks are worthless.

I think the Stock Forum will be a great place to start tracking certain companies. News rolls off the wires quickly and scrounging thru SEC filings sucks, not to mention it's boring. In company specific threads we could compile links to all the important stuff. Overall, more (trusted) heads are better than one when it comes to assessing risk/reward in this market, IMO.

As far as pink sheets/penny stocks go, you might as well go out and buy however many Lottery tickets you would get for your investment in them. Kind of end the pain quickly, ya know what I mean.

I think the Stock Forum will be a great place to start tracking certain companies. News rolls off the wires quickly and scrounging thru SEC filings sucks, not to mention it's boring. In company specific threads we could compile links to all the important stuff. Overall, more (trusted) heads are better than one when it comes to assessing risk/reward in this market, IMO.

As far as pink sheets/penny stocks go, you might as well go out and buy however many Lottery tickets you would get for your investment in them. Kind of end the pain quickly, ya know what I mean.

Yeah I reacted a bit hastily, I'll admit.

I like the idea of threads about specific securities.

It would be nice to see Elections 2008 out the door though, to compensate. We don't need it anymore.

Understand. It's getting its chance like the rest. IMO, the economy is a much broader topic than the stock market. However, the market IS vital to the economy and market-related discussions can be kept seperate from the broader topic.

Some members can't see past current events and wonder what the other board clutter is about while others would like to take topics down to genus and species.

A few tweaks here and there every now and then to see if something will work won't hurt.

Least not until I come along and force you to participate.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back