On the new ideology of the Republican Party

I don't speak Spanish; I dislike humidity or hurricanes; my family lives here and my roots go back five generations.
So, then you've adopted the obvious solution:

Support policies designed to make the US more like Cuba.

Normally I ignore you, as you're possibly aware. But when challenged I sometimes feel it is important to respond to fools like you and CrusaderFrank and the other uninformed and ignorant people who like to pretend to be conservative. Much like the court jesters of old wanted to be seen as members of the court and not the fools other saw them to be.

Unlike you, I'm not an extremist. I look at each issue with an eye focused on a win-win and a pragmatic solution. Your side of the aisle chooses to apply a litmus test to every issue and those ideas which conflict with the accepted dogma are dismissed without debate, usually with a sarcastic comment, a one-line idiotgram or with name calling.

That you and others like you are bereft of ideas is sad; that you cannot form an argument to defend the truths you hold immutable is sad too; to devolve to pejoratives and those behaviors described above is a sign of poor character.

IOw you have no response.
Your self deception is amusing.

The current push to end government regulations by the Republican Party is both dangerous and myopic. It is wholly focused on increasing the profits of American Industry - both heavy and financial - at the expense of our environment and our children.

Consider these historical consequences of deregulation:

Superfund Sites Where You Live | Superfund | US EPA

What is Acid Rain? | Acid Rain | US EPA

Cuyahoga River Fire - Ohio History Central - A product of the Ohio Historical Society

The GOP worries about the debt and its effect on our children and grandchildren; so do I. I'd rather they pay taxes tomorrow then suffer the consequences of industrial pollution.

The debate is all about ideology, the Republican ideology is to allow industry - heavy and financial - the freedom to act in their own self interest, using a rational that these industries will be good citizens. History suggests otherwise.

I do see compromise on permits and such as a viable and win - win possibility; I do not see it as long as the Eric Cantor's control the House of Representatives. The GOP has become radicalized, it is no longer a party of the people, and likely has not been so for decades. Yet, it once pretended to be a big tent; today the tent has room only for billionaires and their industrial lobbyists and Wall Street's Masters of the Universe.

The federal government has no right to regulate anything - it's not their fucking job.

I love how progressives call themselves "liberals" yet they argue for more government interference in just about everything... That's not liberal that's authoritarian - your pickle is a perfect example of how progressives are not liberal but authoritarian...

Fuck off ya little Nazi.......

I don't speak Spanish; I dislike humidity or hurricanes; my family lives here and my roots go back five generations.
So, then you've adopted the obvious solution:

Support policies designed to make the US more like Cuba.

Normally I ignore you, as you're possibly aware. But when challenged I sometimes feel it is important to respond to fools like you and CrusaderFrank and the other uninformed and ignorant people who like to pretend to be conservative. Much like the court jesters of old wanted to be seen as members of the court and not the fools other saw them to be.

Unlike you, I'm not an extremist. I look at each issue with an eye focused on a win-win and a pragmatic solution. Your side of the aisle chooses to apply a litmus test to every issue and those ideas which conflict with the accepted dogma are dismissed without debate, usually with a sarcastic comment, a one-line idiotgram or with name calling.

That you and others like you are bereft of ideas is sad; that you cannot form an argument to defend the truths you hold immutable is sad too; to devolve to pejoratives and those behaviors described above is a sign of poor character.
It's funny when mindless sheep like you claim to be intelligent, independent thinkers.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that you all just happen to have the exact same ideas at the exact same time. :rofl:

other uninformed and ignorant people who like to pretend to be conservative. .

In a sense conservatism is very simple. Jefferson was the first conservative. He believed in freedom from liberal government exactly as moderm Republicans do. Who needs to pretend and about what exactly? Any example?

If you don't like freedom why not move to Cuba where they have lots of government...and lots of poverty. A liberal will lack the IQ to understand freedom and so be attracted to magical government.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread".-Jefferson

Last edited:
So your solution is to shut down all commerce because heaven forbid one act might--might--result is some environmental issue? Really?
Maybe we can prevent all car accidents by mandating a 35mph speed limit.
My solution is to let the EPA do their job which is supported by the majority of voters both Republican and Democrat.

Obviously that is not the case. What is the EPA's "job"? Regulating CO2? No, I dont think so. Imposing new restrictions on top of old ones that have worked for 20 years? No.
You have no solution.
Yes, By a unanimous vote, the U.S. Supreme Court reaffirmed its finding that carbon dioxide is an air pollutant subject to control under the Clean Air Act and upheld the authority of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to regulate the greenhouse gas.

I don't offer a solution because the EPA is not the problem.
Supreme Court Upholds EPA's Authority to Regulate Carbon Dioxide

The EPA should have been shut down when it brought a lawsuit to shut off the water to the Central California farmers. If not then, it absolutely should have been shut down when it declared dust a pollutant.

More myths and exaggerations, the primary weapon of right

Why won’t the Obama Administration turn the pumps on?

A. The pumps are on. The temporary pumping restrictions that were required under the Endangered Species Act ended on June 30th. They accounted for approximately one-quarter of 2009 water delivery shortages to farms and water users; the other three-quarters of this year’s delivery shortage were the result of a lack of run-off.

http://www.doi.gov/documents/CA_Water_Reality_Check.pdf
http://www.doi.gov/documents/CA_Water_Reality_Check.pdf

WASHINGTON -- The EPA is trying to put to rest what it calls a "myth" that it is going to crack down on farm dust.

In letters to two senators last week, EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson said the agency won't expand its current air quality standards to include dust created by agriculture. The agency released the letters Monday.

Republicans and some farm-state Democrats have used the issue on the campaign trail, arguing that the EPA is set to penalize farmers for everyday activities. Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said in a recent debate that the agency is "out of control" and was preparing to regulate dust.

Another Myth shot down.

EPA Farm Dust Rule A 'Myth,' Agency Says

The federal government has no right to regulate anything - it's not their fucking job.
It is the job of the executive branch to enforce laws created by congress. It is also their job to create and enforce regulations authorized by law. If you don't like those laws change them. It you think they are unconstitutional challenge them in court. But please don't suggest we fire the people charged with enforcement and leave the laws on the books.

Forum List

Back