On the fiscal cliff, Republicans are so screwed

Democrat voters should be ashamed of the games Obama and his comrades in arms are playing with this all over tax hikes he wants...but instead they just laugh

Republicans should walk away

do it, i dare you fucks to walk away. This is how stupid you people are. You walk away you will get blamed for not wanting to fix the issue.

I mean do you ever actually think out your ideas before you post them?

Do it GOP faithful, walk away.

Oh they would rather honor their pledge to the almighty Grover Norquist and the soon to be "ghost party" called T than to do the right thing for the American people. It's OK....we'll see how that works for them.

Last edited:
How is that different from the way the Republicans have operated in the past? They aren't called the Party of Do Nothing for nothing.

Yes they are already feverishly trying to blame it all on Obama, I guess for not caving in to their terrorist hostage demands in 2011, but to suggest they can scurry away from it and leave it to democrats to repair, shedding themselves of blame, is like blaming the janitor for the puddles of puke he has to clean up.

Not a single solitary Republican voted for obamacare, that puddle of puke is strictly for the dems to lap up.. enjoy it.

And you blame Democrats for dividing the country. :lol:

Too bad some on this board do not see it that way or a least admit it, I am currently enjoying the greatest gift of partisan schadenfreude I have had since 2006. It is pretty rare that a party can outmaneuver themselves so completely, in this I give no credit to democrats for being better, only less suicidal in their goals.

Clearly when republicans agreed to this ‘cliff’ budget scheme, they believed by 2013 they’d have control of the Senate and a republican in the WH.

so? whose idea was it anyway? not that it matters.:rolleyes:

in any event- obamas offer wasn't serious. no details, no nothing but a doubling of demands to 1.6 trillion, entitlement cuts 'to be named later', a free hand on the debt ceiling and, more spending.

What does it matter? Nobody forced either side to agree to it.

If the Republicans are smart they'll do nothing at all just walk away. leave no room for the democrats to blame them for what the democrats have done.
Be the party of NO FINGERPRINTS

That's the problem though.
If Republicans do nothing to stop it, they'll be blamed for it.
If Republicans try to compromise, they'll be blamed for any failure.
The OP is right. Republicans are boned either way. Lose-lose. And because we know there's a good chance everyone will blame Republicans for it, you can bet that in 2014 they'll lose more seats in the House and Senate.

The Democrats in office are really good at deflecting blame.

Also, before anyone goes off the rails and starts calling me partisan, note that when you're the minority party, everything gets blamed on you. If the situation were reversed all around, the Republican Majority would be blaming the Democrat minority for everything.

What they SHOULD do is go ahead and give the democrats everything they want. Then when it all falls apart, and it will, the public will have no one to blame but the democrats. Sort of like what Pelosi and Reid did to Bush.

They should do that but they won't. They have a handycap that the left isn't saddled with; morals.

To be fair, there's a small (read: <1%) chance that the fiscal cliff would fix everything.

If the Republicans are smart they'll do nothing at all just walk away. leave no room for the democrats to blame them for what the democrats have done.
Be the party of NO FINGERPRINTS

That's the problem though.
If Republicans do nothing to stop it, they'll be blamed for it.
If Republicans try to compromise, they'll be blamed for any failure.
The OP is right. Republicans are boned either way. Lose-lose. And because we know there's a good chance everyone will blame Republicans for it, you can bet that in 2014 they'll lose more seats in the House and Senate.

The Democrats in office are really good at deflecting blame.

Also, before anyone goes off the rails and starts calling me partisan, note that when you're the minority party, everything gets blamed on you. If the situation were reversed all around, the Republican Majority would be blaming the Democrat minority for everything.

What they SHOULD do is go ahead and give the democrats everything they want. Then when it all falls apart, and it will, the public will have no one to blame but the democrats. Sort of like what Pelosi and Reid did to Bush.

They should do that but they won't. They have a handycap that the left isn't saddled with; morals.

To be fair, there's a small (read: <1%) chance that the fiscal cliff would fix everything.

Witness a good example of someone talking out of their ass. The author claims that everything always gets blamed on the minority party.....and that through no fault of their own, the GOP will be blamed over the next two years and lose more seats in Congress.

If so, it follows that the majority party always gets credit but never blame. How in the fuck does majority control ever change hands?

And to put a cherry on top, the author states that there is a less than 1% chance.....but a chance nonetheless.....that doing nothing about the economy will fix it. A percentage and a claim pulled right from his ass end.

Another winner.

Forum List

Back