On the 40th Anniversary of Roe v Wade

Rising Support for Abortion Rights Despite Anti-Choice Activism and State Sabotage of the ability to exercise those rights.

According to a new NBC News/ Wall Street Journal Poll 54% of those polled believe abortion should be legal. That is an unprecedented support for the women’s right to choose. The same poll shows that 70% of Americans believe that Roe vs Wade should be not be overturned, the highest percentage singe polls began tracking support in 1989.

The state of abortion rights, 40 years later ? MSNBC

Roe v Wade

Roe v. Wade

I find it interesting that no one left or right has commemorated this anniversary. One would think the pretend libertarians would be celebrating the right of the individual to assert dominion over her own body... but they don't. the real libertarians do, though.

one might also wonder where the pretend constitutionalists are when it comes to defending our right of privacy from government intrusion into our lives.

they are no where to be found.

and still the majority of us support the right of a woman to be free of government interference during the first trimester of a pregnancy.

abortion should be safe, readily available and infrequently needed.
Yeah, lets all commemorate and celebrate the legal ripping of innocent life screaming from the womb, 'cause lord knows that/those lil' bastard/s is/are nothing more than inconvenient lil' pain in the ass/es.

:clap2::banana::woohoo::party::eusa_dance::wine: :dance: :mm::beer::rock:

No thanks....I'll stay home and love our daughters, while remembering and loving our son.

Really goes to show the mentality of the ignorant liberal dumbocrat, doesn't it? They loathe the U.S. Constitution, have called for their leaders to ignore it and applaud when their side of the aisle does.

They have worked tirelessly to end 1st Amendment rights by trying to censor Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.

They have worked tirelessly to end 2nd Amendment rights by trying to ban guns

They have actually succeeded in abolishing the 4th Amendment by supporting Obama's expansion of the "Patriot Act".

Yet when it comes to murdering babies, suddenly they are all "libertarian's" who want "government out of their bodies". :cuckoo:

Frankly, I'd like to see the federal government climb so far into women's bodies that a woman can't even put on a pair of socks. Maybe then dumbocrats would comprehend the extreme dangers of granting the federal government unlimited powers, unlimited authority, and unlimited money in the name of "good". Maybe that's what it will take to wake up people like Jillian here and get them to realize that trading freedoms for free cell phones and free healthcare is dumb beyond comprehension.

Too bad Del here wasn't aborted (the world would be a much better place). You know, since he loves abortion so much and all...

^

sulking

^ avoids the issue and changes the subject when getting owned.

I don't get it Del - you're so pro-murder, why don't you do what your mom didn't do and self-terminate? Actions speak louder than words. Why don't you lead by example and abort yourself?

No? Didn't think so. Another loud mouth hypocrite dumbocrat who says one thing and does another. You know, just like when they talk about how "we" (love that "we" shit) need to care for people in society, and then none of these greedy bastards give to charity...

Rising Support for Abortion Rights Despite Anti-Choice Activism and State Sabotage of the ability to exercise those rights.

Roe v Wade

Roe v. Wade

I find it interesting that no one left or right has commemorated this anniversary. One would think the pretend libertarians would be celebrating the right of the individual to assert dominion over her own body... but they don't. the real libertarians do, though.

one might also wonder where the pretend constitutionalists are when it comes to defending our right of privacy from government intrusion into our lives.

and still the majority of us support the right of a woman to be free of government interference during the first trimester of a pregnancy.

Yeah, lets all commemorate and celebrate the legal ripping of innocent life screaming from the womb, 'cause lord knows that/those lil' bastard/s is/are nothing more than inconvenient lil' pain in the ass/es.

No thanks....I'll stay home and love our daughters, while remembering and loving our son.

Really goes to show the mentality of the ignorant liberal dumbocrat, doesn't it? They loathe the U.S. Constitution, have called for their leaders to ignore it and applaud when their side of the aisle does.

They have worked tirelessly to end 1st Amendment rights by trying to censor Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.

They have actually succeeded in abolishing the 4th Amendment by supporting Obama's expansion of the "Patriot Act".

Yet when it comes to murdering babies, suddenly they are all "libertarian's" who want "government out of their bodies". :cuckoo:

Frankly, I'd like to see the federal government climb so far into women's bodies that a woman can't even put on a pair of socks. Maybe then dumbocrats would comprehend the extreme dangers of granting the federal government unlimited powers, unlimited authority, and unlimited money in the name of "good". Maybe that's what it will take to wake up people like Jillian here and get them to realize that trading freedoms for free cell phones and free healthcare is dumb beyond comprehension.

They are not liberal..... They are Fascists. A liberal would support killing innocent babies for any reason a fascist would. We need to stop calling them liberals cause it is giving liberals like our founding fathers bad names.

They are not liberal..... They are Fascists. A liberal would support killing innocent babies for any reason a fascist would. We need to stop calling them liberals cause it is giving liberals like our founding fathers bad names.

The above is proof of the need to protect women from having their liberty stolen by "small government conservatives and pretend libertarians ... People who prostrate themselves hysterically over government regulations of the most trivial nature, but who think government should force women to perform the most intimate of acts.

They do not care about the lives of women or the children they carry. They are not interested in providing care or foid for them after. Some of these men have written of their resentment that men have to pay child support.

Ultimately, though, these (predominantly male) ant-choice activists, are what the are because of their religious convictions. I have no problem with them honoring their convictions IN THEIR own lives. I have yet, however, to meet a single person who is wise enough to make moral decisions for others. None of the above have dissuaded me of the notion that I never will.

And yes, I thank G-d and the Supreme Court that none of you has the right to impose your "morality" on others.

Last edited:

According to a new NBC News/ Wall Street Journal Poll 54% of those polled believe abortion should be legal. That is an unprecedented support for the women’s right to choose. The same poll shows that 70% of Americans believe that Roe vs Wade should be not be overturned, the highest percentage singe polls began tracking support in 1989.

Roe v Wade

Roe v. Wade

"Personal dominion"? That's an absurd argument. The personal dominion one exercises over his/her body is limited. You cannot legally ingest narcotics or even smoke a cigarette in some areas. Suicide is illegal. If you attempt it you will find yourself committed to a hospital. You can't sell a body part but the absurd argument is that you can hire someone to terminate the life of your unborn child because it's part of your personal dominion.

40=55M

Pro-life: the Human Rights Issue of Today
The 40th March for Life

Jeanne Monahan and Patrick Kelly

January 22nd marks the 40th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and on the 25th we will commemorate that solemn occasion with the 40th anniversary of the largest human rights demonstration in the world, the MARCH FOR LIFE. With the passing of the pro-life leader and visionary Nellie Gray, a change in leadership has occurred, and with this new leadership comes big plans for the March as we go forward.

This year in particular we aim to raise awareness in the minds of all Americans of the 40th Anniversary and the toll this has taken on these United States. Our theme includes an equation--40=55M, to signify that in the forty years since Roe v. Wade, 55 million of our fellow human beings have lost their lives to abortion. Fifty-five million is nearly the population of California and New York combined. Clearly, abortion truly is the human rights abuse of today and our theme this year reflects this reality.

Participants in this year's peaceful demonstration will notice that we have made some changes to the program. The rally preceeding the March will be much shorter. In past years we have had more than fifty legislators speaking; this year we will have only a handful of congressional leaders. Many legislators are expressing their support via our website by posting youtube clips and sending messages of encouragement to Marchers. Other speakers will rally our young people, who are the heart and soul and vitality of the pro-life movement. These young people are not just the future of the pro-life cause, they are the present reality. Gallup and other polls indicate that young people are predominantly pro-life!

40=55M | March for Life

Taking Friday off for a day trip to D.C. to see the sites. :)

The above is proof of the need to protect women from having their liberty stolen by "small government conservatives and pretend libertarians ... People who prostrate themselves hysterically over government regulations of the most trivial nature, but who think government should force women to perform the most intimate of acts.

They do not care about the lives of women or the children they carry. They are not interested in providing care or foid for them after. Some of these men have written of their resentment that men have to pay child support.

Ultimately, though, these (predominantly male) ant-choice activists, are what the are because of their religious convictions. I have no problem with them honoring their convictions IN THEIR own lives. I have yet, however, to meet a single person who is wise enough to make moral decisions for others. None of the above have dissuaded me of the notion that I never will.

And yes, I thank G-d and the Supreme Court that none of you has the right to impose your "morality" on others.
You never have the liberty to kill an innocent.

thanatos is a right wing radical fascist who believes in lying and using government to gain power for his own narrow world view

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pGr1dCzbreA]Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne cover) by William (age 9), Jeremy (10), Max (10) - YouTube[/ame]

Would you have celebrated these kids getting aborted?

thanatos is a right wing radical fascist who believes in lying and using government to gain power for his own narrow world view

well, he's certainly unhinged. (i think he just posted his theme song) and clearly his only interest in this issue is to troll a thread for which he has no legal arguments.

someone should point out to him that it isn't one of his rabidly religious rightwing nutbar hack threads and is in the law and justice system subforum.

perhaps someone will explain to him what that means.

Last edited:

poor dear. your "opinion" makes it neither murder or something in which you and your fellow religious extremists have the right to get government to force women to carry pregnancy to term.

p.s.

the court disagrees with you. perhaps you're used to your opinion being validated by your church group?

Roe v. Wade | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

in real life, no one cares what you think.

In real life, it's more about what we each think about ourselves more than what others think about us, regardless of what side of the argument one finds them selves.

In real life, it's more about what we each think about ourselves more than what others think about us, regardless of what side of the argument one finds them selves.

insofar as our personal decisions in these matters, that's certainly true.

but the law is what the law is. and i'm grateful for the freedom from government interference that allows me to make decisions about my own body... just like any other grown up.

we should be demanding that such rights not be obstructed for women in states like north dakota and mississippi.

This from the supporter of oppressive, unconstitutional, big-government :cuckoo:

Why is it the only time liberals want government out of their lives is when it involves criminal activity?

They expect government to provide healthcare for their body, but want government the hell out of their body when they are ready to commit murder.

They expect government to provide them with housing, but want government the hell out of their home when they are ready to get high on illegal narcotics.

I guess it's stuff like this that has caused them to be labeled as the party of hypocrisy.

insofar as our personal decisions in these matters, that's certainly true.

but the law is what the law is. and i'm grateful for the freedom from government interference that allows me to make decisions about my own body... just like any other grown up.

we should be demanding that such rights not be obstructed for women in states like north dakota and mississippi.

Except that it is NOT the law! Roe vs. Wade was not an act of Congress - it was a Supreme Court ruling. And the Supreme Court does not make law. They are the Judicial branch. Laws are made by the Legislative branch (ie Congress). Why is this so hard for liberals to comprehend?

Furthermore, even Congress does not have the power to legalize (or outlaw for that matter) abortion. The federal government was delegated 18 enumerated powers from the states, and only 18 enumerated powers. Anything beyond that is explicitly beyond their authority. As Alexander Hamilton so astutely noted in the Federalist Papers: "For why declare that things shall not be done [as in a bill of rights] which there is no power to do? Why for instance, should it be said, that the liberty of the press shall not be restrained, when no power is given by which restrictions may be imposed"? (Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 84, emphasis added.)

The founders made it very clear - other than the 18 enumerated powers specifically cited, the federal government has zero authority/power. An inconvenient fact for the pro-marxist/socialist liberal crowd.

poor dear. your "opinion" makes it neither murder or something in which you and your fellow religious extremists have the right to get government to force women to carry pregnancy to term.

p.s.

the court disagrees with you. perhaps you're used to your opinion being validated by your church group?

in real life, no one cares what you think.

That statement is simply unbelievable, even by dumbocrat hypocrite standards.

The U.S. government doesn't have the right to protect innocent and defenseless human life, yet you have actually argued that they do have the right to force us to purchase health insurance? :cuckoo:

What I wouldn't give to meet a single liberal who was consistent in their radical views. You can't be a libertarian one minute Jillian, advocating restrained government, and then be a nazi the next, advocating government control all things for the "good" of society. You make yourself look foolish.

Justice Byron R. White wrote an emphatic dissenting opinions in this case (Roe vs. Wade):

I find nothing in the language or history of the Constitution to support the Court's judgment. The Court simply fashions and announces a new constitutional right for pregnant women and, with scarcely any reason or authority for its action, invests that right with sufficient substance to override most existing state abortion statutes. The upshot is that the people and the legislatures of the 50 States are constitutionally disentitled to weigh the relative importance of the continued existence and development of the fetus, on the one hand, against a spectrum of possible impacts on the woman, on the other hand. As an exercise of raw judicial power, the Court perhaps has authority to do what it does today; but, in my view, its judgment is an improvident and extravagant exercise of the power of judicial review that the Constitution extends to this Court.[35][36]

Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rottweiler your personal opinions are not law. SCOTUS does indeed interpret the law, and you are bound by those decisions.

Forum List

Back