On the 40th Anniversary of Roe v Wade

So here's the gist of the shit.

As a man, a potential father-to-be... a prospective pater familias... (think George Clooney)

I have stared in the face of abortion twice in my life.

a) Ex wife trying to overdose while fist-hammering her 6 month belly, cursing what's inside.

b) Doctor telling us we most likely will bear a Downe's retard. "Go talk about your options" he said.

RVW granted the irresponsible their irresponsibilities. It is now the law of the land.

I myself chose responsibility. Not once, but twice. And I have over the last 30 years paid a monumental price... in dollars.

But the rewards of living breathing children have been a priceless commodity to me.

I would trade nothing for them... but I would give my life for them.

As a man, a potential father-to-be... a prospective pater familias... (think George Clooney)

a) Ex wife trying to overdose while fist-hammering her 6 month belly, cursing what's inside.

b) Doctor telling us we most likely will bear a Downe's retard. "Go talk about your options" he said.

RVW granted the irresponsible their irresponsibilities. It is now the law of the land.

I myself chose responsibility. Not once, but twice. And I have over the last 30 years paid a monumental price... in dollars.

But the rewards of living breathing children have been a priceless commodity to me.

here's the thing, h... i have a son. i chose to have him. in fact, i went through quite a number of medical procedures TO have him. i'm not a stranger to love for a child. (knock wood). so while i understand and appreciate your position, "irresponsibility" is not the only reason pregnancies occur. stuff happens. and, ultimately, it's the woman's body.

and the issue really isn't whether you agree with the decision to terminate a pregnancy or not. the issue is whether government has the right to intervene in a woman's control over her own body... and interfere in such a personal decision... and when.

ultimately, a balance was drawn and it was determined that the woman's interest in governing her own body outweighed the governmental interest for the first trimester.

it is what it is. someone's got to have final say over these things. and since it's our bodies, it's our final decision.

which doesn't mean i don't understand the decision you made. i do and you had every right to, jointly with your wife, make that choice. but it was a choice. and others have the option to make a different one.

as my grandfather used to say in a very heavy russian accent -- "great country, america".

p.s. i had genetic testing and did an amnio... that was my choice, too. does that make you a better person than i am? maybe. i don't know.

Last edited:
Let's suppose that you yourself who are reading this can imagine a time when you were 1 year old.

Now take that back one year.

Now take it back 9 months.

Now let me ask you this. WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE? NOW.

Fuck off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsUTm3z74ls]Pro-Abortion/Abortion Opponents Release Happy 40th Anniversary of Roe vs Wade , Baby Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Rising Support for Abortion Rights Despite Anti-Choice Activism and State Sabotage of the ability to exercise those rights.

According to a new NBC News/ Wall Street Journal Poll 54% of those polled believe abortion should be legal. That is an unprecedented support for the women’s right to choose. The same poll shows that 70% of Americans believe that Roe vs Wade should be not be overturned, the highest percentage singe polls began tracking support in 1989.

The state of abortion rights, 40 years later ? MSNBC

Roe v Wade

Roe v. Wade

I find it interesting that no one left or right has commemorated this anniversary. One would think the pretend libertarians would be celebrating the right of the individual to assert dominion over her own body... but they don't. the real libertarians do, though.

one might also wonder where the pretend constitutionalists are when it comes to defending our right of privacy from government intrusion into our lives.

they are no where to be found.

and still the majority of us support the right of a woman to be free of government interference during the first trimester of a pregnancy.

abortion should be safe, readily available and infrequently needed.
Yeah, lets all commemorate and celebrate the legal ripping of innocent life screaming from the womb, 'cause lord knows that/those lil' bastard/s is/are nothing more than inconvenient lil' pain in the ass/es.

:clap2::banana::woohoo::party::eusa_dance::wine: :dance: :mm::beer::rock:

No thanks....I'll stay home and love our daughters, while remembering and loving our son.

Last edited:

then your statement makes no sense.

if you don't believe in abortions and you're a woman, don't have one.

if you don't believe in abortions and you're a man, shut the fuck up.

seems pretty simple to me, parenting.

I do belive in abortions. I do I do I do I do believe in abortions. But I ain't a woman.

BTW, that's "shut the fuck up, please". Got that. :D

I just don't "believe" that it should have been legally made a practice of convenience and selfishness.

And if, as a man, I "shut the fuck up" 31 years ago... my first born would not be the Creative Executive at a major Hollywood studio making more money than his dad. You know- paying taxes, contributing to society, etc. etc.

As I've stated elsewhere, my ex would have liked nothing more than to have him sucked from her womb. She was selfish.

Me, being selfless, gently directed our marriage toward a parenting existence.

And now... you know... the rest of the story.

Some people might look at someone growing up to be a big person in Hollywood a reason for abortion.

how is having an abortion, parenting?

Exactly.

Why is it you ignorant fuck'n morons tell men to "shut the fuck up" on abortion? I'm sorry, I know the left are Nazi's and all, but are you under the impression I lose my 1st Amendment rights when it comes to babies?

Why is it you ignorant fuck'n morons tell men to "shut the fuck up" on abortion? I'm sorry, I know the left are Nazi's and all, but are you under the impression I lose my 1st Amendment rights when it comes to babies?

shut the fuck up

then go edumicate yourself about the first amendment, clown.

here's the thing, h... i have a son. i chose to have him. in fact, i went through quite a number of medical procedures TO have him. i'm not a stranger to love for a child. (knock wood). so while i understand and appreciate your position, "irresponsibility" is not the only reason pregnancies occur. stuff happens. and, ultimately, it's the woman's body. .

Ultimately it is the babies body and life. And anyone who thinks otherwise is both highly ignorant and exceptionally selfish (both dominant traits of the dumbocrat).

• The notion that a woman’s choice is non-existent if abortion is unavailable makes a good sound bite, but it has warped the value of life, destroyed relationships, distorted morality, and redefined women’s issues in American politics.

• The real war on women’s health comes in the form of physical, emotional, and psychological scars left over from abortion. Women who undergo an abortion have an 81 percent increase in risk of mental health problems

• Abortion has also been linked with increased chances of depression, doubling chances of breast cancer, ectopic pregnancies, drug and alcohol abuse, and women who have an abortion are six times more likely to commit suicide

• As the saying goes, “once you know, you can’t unknow.” You can’t unsee the ultrasound, and you can’t unfeel the loss of life.

Reflecting on Roe: Pro-Life is Not a Trend | TheBlaze.com

how is having an abortion, parenting?

Exactly.

If you don't believe in gay marriage, then don't marry one and shut up.

Forum List

Back