On That End Of Life Clause

I'm NOT finding a Congressional exemption, saw links to it to sec 3116, but can't find that section. Considering the numbering, probably redacted.

In any case, the congressional plans do not sound anything like HR3200:

Ask the Advisor: Congressional Health Care Benefits, the Rolls Royce of Health Plans?

That's because there is no Section 3116. The highest number Section is 2502.

And the congress gets a choice of a NUMBER of differing plans at different prices that they choose and pay for. At one town hall meeting, when the congressman told the CON$ervative questioner that he pays for his coverage, she refused to believe him EVEN after he showed her his payment receipt.

This gives you an idea of just how thoroughly CON$ are brainwashed!!!

I'm NOT finding a Congressional exemption, saw links to it to sec 3116, but can't find that section. Considering the numbering, probably redacted.

In any case, the congressional plans do not sound anything like HR3200:

Ask the Advisor: Congressional Health Care Benefits, the Rolls Royce of Health Plans?

That's because there is no Section 3116. The highest number Section is 2502.

And the congress gets a choice of a NUMBER of differing plans at different prices that they choose and pay for. At one town hall meeting, when the congressman told the CON$ervative questioner that he pays for his coverage, she refused to believe him EVEN after he showed her his payment receipt.

This gives you an idea of just how thoroughly CON$ are brainwashed!!!
Bullshit:

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

and down a bit:

`TITLE XXXI--PREVENTION AND WELLNESS
`Subtitle A--Prevention and Wellness Trust
`SEC. 3111. PREVENTION AND WELLNESS TRUST.
`Subtitle B--National Prevention and Wellness Strategy
`SEC. 3121. NATIONAL PREVENTION AND WELLNESS STRATEGY.
`Subtitle C--Prevention Task Forces
`SEC. 3131. TASK FORCE ON CLINICAL PREVENTIVE SERVICES.
`SEC. 3132. TASK FORCE ON COMMUNITY PREVENTIVE SERVICES

Wow. You really think thats it? Maybe I am brainwahed.
Yeah...thats what it is. I am brainwahsed

"you did not see him bow to the king. It did not happen despite what your eyes saw on the video"

"You did not hear him say he wants a single player plan and a public plan will slowly but ulitmately morph into a single payer plan. He did not say it despite what your ears heard"

And you say WE are brainwahsed.

I love the $$ sign you use in Cons.......sorry I like to work hard to make money and employ many so they can make money....

Last edited:
If the public option morphs into a single payer plan it will be because each individual American chose it.

Why do you hate Americans having choice?

If the public option morphs into a single payer plan it will be because each individual American chose it.

Where is the opt out section? How you doing with that IRS question, sec 401?

Of course it was ambiguous. If it wasn't, there wouldn't have been any hoohaa over it. And if it wasn't, then why did they cave and take it out? Why didn't they simplify the language but keep the provision?

Who the fuck cares what Rush thinks.

There is nothing ambiguous in what I posted directly from the bill or you would have highlighted the ambiguity.

And it was dropped because the GOP smear machine is just too good at manipulating mindless drones like you.

So why didn't they just revise the language, simplify it and keep the provision?

That section of the bill also contains this:

‘(A) IN GENERAL- For purposes of reporting data on quality measures for covered professional services furnished during 2011 and any subsequent year, to the extent that measures are available, the Secretary shall include quality measures on end of life care and advanced care planning that have been adopted or endorsed by a consensus-based organization, if appropriate. Such measures shall measure both the creation of and adherence to orders for life-sustaining treatment.
Who makes up this 'consensus-based organization'? I asked this in another thread and someone provided this answer:

Thats answered in section 122:

“Health Benefits Advisory Committee to recommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced, and premium plans.” This will be chaired by the Surgeon General and will have “9 members who are not Federal employees or officers and who are appointed by the President”, “9 members who are not Federal employees or officers and who are appointed by the Comptroller General”, and an “even number of members (not to exceed 8 ) who are Federal employees and officers, as the President may appoint.” A committe with up to 27 members, 18 of whom are picked by the President. The bill says these people will “reflect providers, consumer representatives, employers, labor, health insurance issuers, experts in health care financing and delivery, experts in racial and ethnic disparities, experts in care for those with disabilities, representatives of relevant governmental agencies, and at least one practicing physician or other health professional and an expert on children’s health”. But with no checks and balances on the selection of this group, you can only hope that absolute power does not corrupt absolutely.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-of-life-council-euthenasia-talk-origins.html

More 'czars' making the decisions of what benefits are covered and they are appointed with no checks and balances . . . . and you wonder why people put up the flags?

And the bill says what the standard the end of life orders oversight committee is supposed to check for:

A program for orders for life sustaining treatment for a States described in this clause is a 9
program that— 10
‘‘(I) ensures such orders are standardized 11
and uniquely identifiable throughout the State;
‘‘(II) distributes or makes accessible such 13
orders to physicians and other health profes-14
sionals that (acting within the scope of the pro-15
fessional’s authority under State law) may sign 16
orders for life sustaining treatment; 17
‘‘(III) provides training for health care 18
professionals across the continuum of care 19
about the goals and use of orders for life sus-20
taining treatment; and 21
‘‘(IV) is guided by a coalition of stake-22
holders includes representatives from emergency 23
medical services, emergency department physi-24
cians or nurses, state long-term care associa-25
tion, state medical association, state surveyors, agency responsible for senior services, state de-2
partment of health, state hospital association, 3
home health association, state bar association, 4
and state hospice association. 5

Oh brother. There are hundreds of things that impact longevity that have nothing whatever to do with health care quality or lack there of. The only real complaint the overwhelming majority of Americans have with their health care is cost and people in this country bitch about the cost of almost everything.

Oh brother. There are hundreds of things that impact longevity that have nothing whatever to do with health care quality or lack there of. The only real complaint the overwhelming majority of Americans have with their health care is cost and people in this country bitch about the cost of almost everything.

Agreed. I'm real tired of hearing all the comparisons of life span comparisons between EU and US. The US is vastly larger, (continental) than the countries of EU. On the other hand, we are also much more diverse, in spite of their issues with immigration. What I'd like to see are comparisons of life span/quality of health, by races and ages between Western countries. Somehow my guess is that when ethnicity numbers are broken down, US will not look bad.

Truth is...the cost is high...and can be controlled by instituting simple "pure competition" at no cost to the taxpayer and no increase in our debt.

OR

We could spend over a trillion dollars to lower the cost.

What to do...what to do.

Wow...

What are you....like 5 years old?

I feel terrible.....I have been on here berating a child this afternoon.

I feel sick about it.

Personal attacks instead of real answers?

yeah I knew you could not say anything in the face of the facts

Wow...

What are you....like 5 years old?

I feel terrible.....I have been on here berating a child this afternoon.

I feel sick about it.

Personal attacks instead of real answers?

yeah I knew you could not say anything in the face of the facts
Says one of the masters of personal attacks...:eusa_whistle:

Nice try Annie.

The American people will chose what they want much to your dismay.

No the people want healthcare reform.

The corps dont and their lies have to be and will be beaten back.

No the people want healthcare reform.

The corps dont and their lies have to be and will be beaten back.

I'd not disagree that the insurance companies would rather their not be reforms, but they realize they must. Get rid of 'pre-existing' problems. Be portable. Tort reform, etc.

They don't have to like it, but with reform they'd be much better than anything the gov't would come up with.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The government is the only reason they will be forced to do anything approaching reform.

Forum List

Back