On subscribing (and unsubscribing) to threads

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
I am drawing a complete blank, here.

I want to unsubscribe to a thread. In the past, I know I can do that from going to my User CP and checking a box next to my subscribed threads.

But, I don't see any of those boxes next to my subscribed threads when I go to User CP.

I know I've been able to unsubscribe in the past, but I must be missing a step.

Can someone help me on that, please? I want to unsubscribe from the Dearborn Muslims stoning thread. It was retarded to start and it's gotten even moreso, surprisingly.

Great! I didn't know about the thread tools. I used to do it from user CP. Thanks for all that.

And, I finally realized why I couldn't see those check boxes on my list of subscribed threads on my user cp. I had to click on see all subscribed threads, then I had the option to unsubscribe.

But, now I'm going to use the thread tools...much easier.

Thank you everyone!

This is a serious question, why unsubscribe from a thread?

I unsubscribe when the last five or six pages have been nothing but name calling and it doesn't look like there is any hope of reviving the thread.

Immie

I do it frequently - when the conversation has gone on another 400 posts since I last posted in it, or the topic has veered into complete nonsense.

Or simply if I stop being interested in a conversation.
^^^ What he said.

Like that thread I referenced...it just kept showing up on my subscribed threads list and I am tired of the thread. Overdose of silliness, and I just didn't want to keep seeing it pop up at the top of the list.

:)

I do it frequently - when the conversation has gone on another 400 posts since I last posted in it, or the topic has veered into complete nonsense.

Oh ok. I just don't go back if I get bored.

In some aspects of my life, I like things to be neat and clean - if a thread that I don't care about anymore becomes the most popular thread on the board a month later, I don't like it cluttering up my User CP.

Now, when it comes to my apartment, that's a whole different story...:D

^^^ What he said.

Like that thread I referenced...it just kept showing up on my subscribed threads list and I am tired of the thread. Overdose of silliness, and I just didn't want to keep seeing it pop up at the top of the list.

:)

:thup: Yeah, I guess some of these threads do go on forever.

Oh ok. I just don't go back if I get bored.

In some aspects of my life, I like things to be neat and clean - if a thread that I don't care about anymore becomes the most popular thread on the board a month later, I don't like it cluttering up my User CP.

Now, when it comes to my apartment, that's a whole different story...:D

:lol:

I unsubscribe when the last five or six pages have been nothing but name calling and it doesn't look like there is any hope of reviving the thread.

Immie

I have never subscribed to any of them....
Yeah, I guess that is an option in the user settings, too. But, I generally like subscribing, so I didn't want to toss the baby out with the bath water, so to speak.

Forum List

Back