On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

If your point was that compassionate, empathic sheep dogs are an anomaly, then yes, your point is full of shit.

Maybe you just don't understand the English language...

anomaly
–noun

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

Synonyms:
1, 2. abnormality, exception, peculiarity.

DO they exist, yes...are they very rare, yes...are there any on this thread, NO...

Your condescending offer of an unnecessary definition notwithstanding, your point is still full of shit. Offering such a definition to an unsupported opinion doesn't support the opinion.

It is compassion and empathy that separates a sheepdog from a wolf.

You confuse willingness to use violence with desire.

A soldier who LIKES hurting others is an anomaly.

The very fact that, absent any personal knowledge of anyone in this thread, you would state an opinion that would require such knowledge is a firm indicator of just how fukll oif shits your opinions are.

Condescending...my God...the original post is the most condescending piece of self righteous shit I've ever seen...it was written by a moron...he contradicts himself about the threat of violent crime and then tries to say somehow human nature has changed...

It is nothing more than chest thumping garbage...

Maybe you just don't understand the English language...

anomaly
–noun

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

Synonyms:
1, 2. abnormality, exception, peculiarity.

DO they exist, yes...are they very rare, yes...are there any on this thread, NO...

Your condescending offer of an unnecessary definition notwithstanding, your point is still full of shit. Offering such a definition to an unsupported opinion doesn't support the opinion.

It is compassion and empathy that separates a sheepdog from a wolf.

You confuse willingness to use violence with desire.

A soldier who LIKES hurting others is an anomaly.

The very fact that, absent any personal knowledge of anyone in this thread, you would state an opinion that would require such knowledge is a firm indicator of just how fukll oif shits your opinions are.

Condescending...my God...the original post is the most condescending piece of self righteous shit I've ever seen...it was written by a moron...he contradicts himself about the threat of violent crime and then tries to say somehow human nature has changed...

It is nothing more than chest thumping garbage...

Uh huh. Still just an unsupported opinion.

And here I was, all excited I might get some thoughtful insight.

I'll get used to the disappointment.

According to my wife I do a very good line in condescending - apparently I have to cut it out.

:razz:

Apparently your wife knows my wife. My skull has callouses from the number of times she's whacked me for being condescending.

Don't get me started on what she does when I'm arrogant.

She has made me a changed man. Most likely due to the multiple blunt force trauma......

According to my wife I do a very good line in condescending - apparently I have to cut it out.

Apparently your wife knows my wife. My skull has callouses from the number of times she's whacked me for being condescending.

She has made me a changed man. Most likely due to the multiple blunt force trauma......

Sounds like they went to the same Wife School....but I resist, I get condescending when she isn't watching...I am a condescending guerilla.....:lol:

By definition, the sheep cannot be the sheepdog. The sheepdog protects the flock. Always. The sheep might try to protect itself and its own and get lucky, but will revert back to being a sheep the second the personal threat is over.

Little more than a cheap justification for the division of humanity into order givers and order takers, with the threat of violent force behind the will of the order givers. The basis for every jingoistic military junta/regime throughout existence. When the Israeli state terrorists assault the civilian population, it has historically been and continues to be ordinary persons who stand up and resist their oppression, as war turns bakers into butchers.

Sounds like they went to the same Wife School....but I resist, I get condescending when she isn't watching...I am a condescending guerilla.....:lol:

I must be the arrogant insurgency.....:eusa_angel:

By definition, the sheep cannot be the sheepdog. The sheepdog protects the flock. Always. The sheep might try to protect itself and its own and get lucky, but will revert back to being a sheep the second the personal threat is over.

Little more than a cheap justification for the division of humanity into order givers and order takers, with the threat of violent force behind the will of the order givers. The basis for every jingoistic military junta/regime throughout existence. When the Israeli state terrorists assault the civilian population, it has historically been and continues to be ordinary persons who stand up and resist their oppression, as war turns bakers into butchers.

Such a deep, insightful analysis. :cuckoo:

You deride jingoistic tendencies, and then engage in jingoistic rhetoric. :eusa_hand:

Palestinian "freedom fighters" protect no one. Often their very actions hurt the ones they supposedly defend.

Pretty shitty sheepdogs, indeed.

You deride jingoistic tendencies, and then engage in jingoistic rhetoric. :eusa_hand:

Palestinian "freedom fighters" protect no one. Often their very actions hurt the ones they supposedly defend.

You seem to have little comprehension or understanding of the comment that you've quoted. I consistently opposed the hierarchical division and regimentation of humanity into "sheep" and "sheep dogs" that was advanced here and offered an example of ordinary humans unconditioned by formal law enforcement or military training taking up arms against oppressors. That is the basis of every guerrilla militia or movement, regardless of its merits.

You seem to have little comprehension or understanding of the comment that you've quoted. I consistently opposed the hierarchical division and regimentation of humanity into "sheep" and "sheep dogs" that was advanced here and offered an example of ordinary humans unconditioned by formal law enforcement or military training taking up arms against oppressors. That is the basis of every guerrilla militia or movement, regardless of its merits.

The "You don't know what you're saying" tactic is weak.

There was no "hierarchal" division offered. As a matter of fact, there were at least two explicit statements to the contrary in the OP, by Grossman himself. An interesting attempt at a straw man argument.

It takes no training to be a sheepdog. Again, Grossman did not make that claim, nor have I seen anyone else do so. Yet another straw man argument.

The Palestinian terrorists are not sheepdogs, as sheepdogs do not prey on the weak and defenseless.

It seems to me that you are more against the assignation of nobility to the sheepdog, as it certainly does not apply to Palestinian "freedom fighters" who attack civilians, and fire rockets at defenseless towns.

Maybe you should go back and re-read the OP, if you even read it at all.

From the OP:
"Understand that there is nothing morally superior about being a sheepdog; it is just what you choose to be."

Later on,
"There is nothing morally superior about the sheepdog, the warrior, but he does have one real advantage."

And perhaps the most important part was right at the end,
"This business of being a sheep or a sheep dog is not a yes-no dichotomy. It is not an all-or-nothing, either-or choice. It is a matter of degrees, a continuum. On one end is an abject, head-in-the-sand-sheep and on the other end is the ultimate warrior. Few people exist completely on one end or the other. Most of us live somewhere in between. Since 9-11 almost everyone in America took a step up that continuum, away from denial. The sheep took a few steps toward accepting and appreciating their warriors, and the warriors started taking their job more seriously. The degree to which you move up that continuum, away from sheephood and denial, is the degree to which you and your loved ones will survive, physically and psychologically at your moment of truth."

SO tell me where you got this "hierarchal" notion?

From the comment that I quoted, as well as the fact that I was not so foolish as to expect notions of hierarchy to be openly expressed. Try reading more carefully next time.

Warriors

c_documents_and_settings_notandi_my_documents_my_pictures_killer_sheep.jpg

From the comment that I quoted, as well as the fact that I was not so foolish as to expect notions of hierarchy to be openly expressed. Try reading more carefully next time.

I did read carefully, and continue to do so. Thus your weaknesses were exposed.

For "notions of hierarchy" to be inferred, there must be some basis. You have not provided the basis, certainly not to the point that the explicit denials of the author were refuted.

Try thinking more clearly next time.

Forum List

Back