On Romney

A select few? LOL What a moron! Who are these "Select few", Freddo? How were they picked? How did Romney insure that they were the only ones who benefited?

Tell us! Astound us with your knowledge of Capital markets!

Hey Frank. Listen (actually read slowly)

Note to the parenthetic correction: Frank is a concrete thinker, telling him to Listen to a silent post might have injured him.

The select few were, are and always will be other members of the Old Boy's Network. His Board of Driectors, his preferred share investors and other personal pals.

I hear you. Great post.

I started a thread yesterday chronicling how Romney wants to cut 10% of all federal government employees through attrition. Meaning, I guess, that as people leave they aren't replaced; he suggested a 2-1 rate meaning that if 2 people leave, they will hire one to do the job that the two people did.

One person doing the work of two.

Nothing says more about his thought processes than that, I think.

In most government agencies 3 people are already doing the work of one, so this will help it balance out.

Do you work for the government?

I work for a consulting firm that does work for a government agency. I see first hand that while you have people who know what they are doing, and do it well, for every one of them there are 3-4 useless burecratic drones, whos only apparent role is to sign off on documents as they are routed through the building.

In most government agencies 3 people are already doing the work of one, so this will help it balance out.

I work for a consulting firm that does work for a government agency. I see first hand that while you have people who know what they are doing, and do it well, for every one of them there are 3-4 useless burecratic drones, whos only apparent role is to sign off on documents as they are routed through the building.

Someone working for a consulting firm calling ANYONE useless is a laugh.

If you want to talk about the biggest scam in the universe, it's "consulting".

I've never been in a company where after they brought in a consultant, really bad decisions followed that had negative effects.

I've never been in a company where after they brought in a consultant, really bad decisions followed that had negative effects.

I didnt want to get too specific, but this form of consulting is engineering, where we do designs, Manage construction projects, perform operations as a subcontractor, and perform research projects. So there are actual products produced, not just management studies or recommendations.

I feel your disdain for "consultants" as well. We have marketing consultants and manpower consultants internally in our company, and their recommendations are often comical.

Ah yes, the "paper pushers".

Perhaps we should invest in our goverment and update systems, thus eliminating the need for many of the file keepers.

However, from my personal expierence, the sea of useless paper pushers, is mostly just a myth.

Romney is a Plutocrat; that does not mean he is greedy, heartless or crazy; nor that he is "bent on enslaving women. It's simply that he works - if what he did at Bain can be called work - to create wealth for himself and a select few.

To some what he and Bain have done is honorable, to others it is the exact opposite. If true, that his actions and those of his partners at Bain were the cause of suffering to the many and pleasure to the few, then he is not of the Right Stuff for the job of POTUS.

No wonder an uneducated cock sucker like you is bitten with envy for someone who is smarter, works harder, and is more successful than you ever were.

A select few? LOL What a moron! Who are these "Select few", Freddo? How were they picked? How did Romney insure that they were the only ones who benefited?

Note to the parenthetic correction: Frank is a concrete thinker, telling him to Listen to a silent post might have injured him.

The select few were, are and always will be other members of the Old Boy's Network. His Board of Driectors, his preferred share investors and other personal pals.

Clearly wrong.

The following people all benefited financially: Bain partners, Bain employees, everyone working on Bain transactions, Investors in Bain transactions, employees of Bain investors, everyone working for Bain investors, the companies Bain recapitalized including their employees, customers and contractors, the government at all levels because they taxed all of the above

Clearly wrong.

The following people all benefited financially: Bain partners, Bain employees, everyone working on Bain transactions, Investors in Bain transactions, employees of Bain investors, everyone working for Bain investors, the companies Bain recapitalized including their employees, customers and contractors, the government at all levels because they taxed all of the above

Notice the Left never levels the same accusations at Warren Buffet and Berkshire, even though he essentially does the same thing.

Perhaps we should invest in our goverment and update systems, thus eliminating the need for many of the file keepers.

However, from my personal expierence, the sea of useless paper pushers, is mostly just a myth.

My personal experience shows otherwise, considering you need to get 10 people to sign a letter going out, and that can take up to a week.

Really, you have proof. I worked in and with law enforcement agencies for over 30 years and know what you posted is not true. I'd like to see your evidence; having worked with District Attorney's (prosecutors) and Public Defenders, Probation Officers and Parole Agents, Police Officers and Sheriff Deputies, DEA, INS (now ICE) ATF, ABC and Animal Control I know what you posted is untrue.

I notice all your references are in law enforcement. Go to any other agency like the traffic bureau, the state DEP, or the dept of buildings, especially in large cities, and see how alot of people can do so little for so long.

Give an example of who you mean. Most city/county/state work isn't in public view and in a city of 100,000 residents the local government has more 'customers' than most businesses. Hence, simple things can take annoying amounts of time.

Romney is a Plutocrat; that does not mean he is greedy, heartless or crazy; nor that he is "bent on enslaving women. It's simply that he works - if what he did at Bain can be called work - to create wealth for himself and a select few.

To some what he and Bain have done is honorable, to others it is the exact opposite. If true, that his actions and those of his partners at Bain were the cause of suffering to the many and pleasure to the few, then he is not of the Right Stuff for the job of POTUS.

False.

The biggest investors in private equity firms such as Bain are pension plans, endowments and foundations. Companies like Bain create wealth mostly for others.

Clearly wrong.

Notice the Left never levels the same accusations at Warren Buffet and Berkshire, even though he essentially does the same thing.

Buffett is a bad example. His model is very different. He buys companies and leaves them alone.

A better example is Soros. He had a private equity division but most of his money was made on pure speculation. There is nothing wrong with that IMHO, but at least Bain created wealth. Soros just shifted it around in macro trading.

My personal experience shows otherwise, considering you need to get 10 people to sign a letter going out, and that can take up to a week.

There is a diffrence between useless bodies, and red tape.

I didnt want to get too specific, but this form of consulting is engineering, where we do designs, Manage construction projects, perform operations as a subcontractor, and perform research projects. So there are actual products produced, not just management studies or recommendations.

I feel your disdain for "consultants" as well. We have marketing consultants and manpower consultants internally in our company, and their recommendations are often comical.

And the subject of a thousand Dilbert strips...

YOu're okay in my book, Marty. If only some others could follow your example for civil debate.

But you know what, I see the same thing in the private sector.

Right now, I'm working on my Six Sigma Certification for my Green Belt. I've already effectively solved the initial problem I was tasked with fixing, but they have me going through a dozen additional steps of the DMAIC process in order to get me to document everything I've already done and if I was working on the right problem, after I've already solved it. Not to mention three of the people who've been in charge of "Supervising" my project have already moved on to fatter paychecks in other companies.

Forum List

Back