On Nightline Last Night, Ensign Affair Detailed by Doug Hampton

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
It was very interesting that Doug totally humiliated this asshole senator so quietly and in such a calm way.

John Ensign Affair Details Revealed: Nightline Interviews Doug Hampton About Senator's Affair With Cindy Hampton (VIDEO)

In the end you are left with the message that if it had been during Ensign's campaign, the outcome would have been disasterous for him but since he is now seated, not much may come of it.

I believe Doug should be satisfied that this so called GOP rising star has been hurt politically.

Ensign is toast, especially with his social conservative base.
But Teddy Kennedy kept getting relected while his chance at the Presidency was gone

I always get a kick out of Republicans who spoke out against Bill Clinton's affairs and then end up having one themselves. The GOP used to get rid of these hypocrites quickly, but they're becoming more like the Democrat Party where it's almost a rite of passage.

I was wondering whatever happened to this story. This guy really was a rising star, everyone thought he would run for president.

Kennedy did keep winning because he was a Kennedy in Mass. Mary Jo wasn't the end of his nightmare of a life and he kept on winning his seat in spite of all of it.

Ensign won't be so lucky, his old friend Doug isn't letting up on him it looks like.

I was wondering whatever happened to this story. This guy really was a rising star, everyone thought he would run for president.

Kennedy did keep winning because he was a Kennedy in Mass. Mary Jo wasn't the end of his nightmare of a life and he kept on winning his seat in spite of all of it.

Ensign won't be so lucky, his old friend Doug isn't letting up on him it looks like.

Ensign won't be 'so lucky' because he's a member of the GOP. The Democrat Party has a much higher tolerance for this sort of behavior.

Ensign won't be 'so lucky' because he's a member of the GOP. The Democrat Party has a much higher tolerance for this sort of behavior.

The GOP can't do anything else but punish the guy because they have accepted the religious faction of the party and it is so powerful.

Mass loved Kennedy because he was a powerhouse in the senate, he was a phenomenal fundraiser and he worked hard for his state and the Democrats. That is the job of a senator, not to bring their constituency to God.

They limit themselves when religion rules, they have no other option but to drum him out even if he was a great senator.

The GOP can't do anything else but punish the guy because they have accepted the religious faction of the party and it is so powerful.

Mass loved Kennedy because he was a powerhouse in the senate, he was a phenomenal fundraiser and he worked hard for his state and the Democrats. That is the job of a senator, not to bring their constituency to God.

They limit themselves when religion rules, they have no other option but to drum him out even if he was a great senator.

Your post is interesting. It's like you're saying morality comes from God. Perhaps that is true. Kennedy was a Catholic, but he was extremely immoral. Myself, it's not a matter of God or being a 'powerhouse in the Senate'. Character is what matters to me coupled with competency. I don't want one without the other. I want both. Again, the Democrat Party has a much higher tolerance for politicians with little to no character.

If John Kennedy or FDR were President today the press would certainly cover all the extra marital affairs they both had. The Press just didn't put that kind of thing in the paper back then even though it was an unkept secret. We all know those two were a couple or randy skirt chasers.

Today anything and everything gets plastered on the front pages.

Your post is interesting. It's like you're saying morality comes from God. Perhaps that is true. Kennedy was a Catholic, but he was extremely immoral. Myself, it's not a matter of God or being a 'powerhouse in the Senate'. Character is what matters to me coupled with competency. I don't want one without the other. I want both. Again, the Democrat Party has a much higher tolerance for politicians with little to no character.

So why do you continue talking about Repub tolerance and interest in morality when your guy is still in office and fighting for his political life? Your party is a joke with this nonsense. The party didn't have an affair, Ensign, the very moral religious righter did. He took that moral argument away from Republicans.

He and plenty of others over the past few years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back