On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

Michelle Bachmann may not get my vote, but I have nothing but respect for her. She talks alot of common sense. I realize that the left doesn't like her (or Palin) because of it.

No, she actually ‘talks’ very little common sense. And ‘the left’ opposes her, among many other reasons, because of her un-Constitutional desire to conjoin church and State.

For example, Bachmann’s introduction of religion into a state-funded charter school, in violation of the charter’s agreement:
But the first public firestorm of her career arose in connection with her activism in the state's fledgling charter school movement in 1993.

Bachmann and other parents started New Heights, a Stillwater K-12 charter school where Bachmann, as board director, was accused of attempting to inject her version of Christianity into the curriculum. She ended the dispute by resigning from the board amid a packed public hearing.

Stephens, a leader of an opposing group of parents, said Bachmann told a teacher she couldn't show the Disney movie "Aladdin" because it depicted magic. She said Bachmann also told a teacher not to let students make Native American dreamcatchers because they were part of a pagan religion.

"She very much had a vision, she felt it was the right vision, and she was going to ramrod it through regardless of what anyone else wanted," said Stephens, a longtime Republican who has turned independent.

Bachmann: Outsider from the start | StarTribune.com

Almost immediately, reports that the publicly funded school was dabbling in religion began trickling home to parents. Denise Stephens, the mother of a student, said a teacher banned the Disney movie “Aladdin” because it depicted magic. An American Indian-themed art project was nixed. And there was talk that the special board created to help guide the school, which included Bachmann, wanted to mandate prayer and a religious curriculum.

The school district started a fact-finding inquiry that confirmed evidence the curriculum involved religion, according to Stephens. At a packed public meeting, just three months after the school opened, Bachmann and four other board members resigned when presented with the parents’ concerns, Stephens said.

This reporting not only raises concerns about whether the charter school she was involved with was misusing state funds, it also provides a bit more color about the sort of world that Bachmann was in. What sort of school hires a teacher who bans Aladdin because it promotes “witchcraft”?

Are Conservatives Ignoring Bachmann’s History? | FrumForum

Bachmann either has no understanding of the Constitutional principle of the separation of church and State or contempt for the same.

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''
Wow, talk about lying. You should get an award.

why? he said it. it was published in the ny times.

of course, now he says it was taken out of context, but as we all know, context doesn't matter.

i guess ayers' past has become a tar baby.

tant pis
This is how Ayers feels about "truth":
''Is this, then, the truth?,'' he writes. ''Not exactly. Although it feels entirely honest to me.''

But why would someone want to read a memoir parts of which are admittedly not true? Mr. Ayers was asked.

''Obviously, the point is it's a reflection on memory,'' he answered. ''It's true as I remember it.''​
So, nothing he says can be trusted. He admits it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Michelle Bachmann may not get my vote, but I have nothing but respect for her. She talks alot of common sense. I realize that the left doesn't like her (or Palin) because of it.

No, she actually ‘talks’ very little common sense. And ‘the left’ opposes her, among many other reasons, because of her un-Constitutional desire to conjoin church and State.

For example, Bachmann’s introduction of religion into a state-funded charter school, in violation of the charter’s agreement:
But the first public firestorm of her career arose in connection with her activism in the state's fledgling charter school movement in 1993.

Bachmann and other parents started New Heights, a Stillwater K-12 charter school where Bachmann, as board director, was accused of attempting to inject her version of Christianity into the curriculum. She ended the dispute by resigning from the board amid a packed public hearing.

Stephens, a leader of an opposing group of parents, said Bachmann told a teacher she couldn't show the Disney movie "Aladdin" because it depicted magic. She said Bachmann also told a teacher not to let students make Native American dreamcatchers because they were part of a pagan religion.

"She very much had a vision, she felt it was the right vision, and she was going to ramrod it through regardless of what anyone else wanted," said Stephens, a longtime Republican who has turned independent.

Almost immediately, reports that the publicly funded school was dabbling in religion began trickling home to parents. Denise Stephens, the mother of a student, said a teacher banned the Disney movie “Aladdin” because it depicted magic. An American Indian-themed art project was nixed. And there was talk that the special board created to help guide the school, which included Bachmann, wanted to mandate prayer and a religious curriculum.

The school district started a fact-finding inquiry that confirmed evidence the curriculum involved religion, according to Stephens. At a packed public meeting, just three months after the school opened, Bachmann and four other board members resigned when presented with the parents’ concerns, Stephens said.

This reporting not only raises concerns about whether the charter school she was involved with was misusing state funds, it also provides a bit more color about the sort of world that Bachmann was in. What sort of school hires a teacher who bans Aladdin because it promotes “witchcraft”?

Bachmann either has no understanding of the Constitutional principle of the separation of church and State or contempt for the same.

I'm sorry, perhaps you can show us just where in the constitution this "principle of the separation of church and State" appears.........

Not that I agree with Bachman, but I do like facts........

She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

Wow, talk about lying. You should get an award.

:lmao:

I really, really hope you're hot because the only living you're earning is on other people's money. I prefer it being on your back as opposed to my being robbed by politicians to do it...

So what's wrong with reading a book that promotes slavery?

I read Mien Kampf or as much as I could stomach. I didn't agree with anything said. But sometimes reading opposing viewpoints is a good thing. Helps you understand others and how things can get corrupted so quickly.

I read a book by Alan Colmes once too.
She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

Read the book and then complain about what it said.

Coming from a man who thinks the Constitution means that the government can do whatever it wants it is surprising that you suddenly think the constitution actually limits the government.

good grief, the trolls on this board are getting desperately pathetic and boring..

ho hum, YAWN

Oh it's just another thread from the liberal thumb-sucking crowd--desperate to somehow come up with a plan to get their Messiah re-elected.

View attachment 14605

As I was saying earlier in another thread, the only ones around here calling Obama "Messiah" are Righties.

On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

homer-doh-square.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

good grief, the trolls on this board are getting desperately pathetic and boring..

ho hum, YAWN

Oh it's just another thread from the liberal thumb-sucking crowd--desperate to somehow come up with a plan to get their Messiah re-elected.

View attachment 14605

As I was saying earlier in another thread, the only ones around here calling Obama "Messiah" are Righties.

I don't consider Farrakhan to be right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srk18X804hQ]‪Farrakhan Heralds Obama as a Black Messiah‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You might not think of Obama as the Messiah, but the truth is that some people did actually claim he is.

So what's wrong with reading a book that promotes slavery?

I read Mien Kampf or as much as I could stomach. I didn't agree with anything said. But sometimes reading opposing viewpoints is a good thing. Helps you understand others and how things can get corrupted so quickly.

I read a book by Alan Colmes once too.

Read the book and then complain about what it said.
That's too haaaard! /lefty

ho hum, YAWN

View attachment 14605

Unsurprisingly, you're wrong yet again.

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush

Links here.

Last edited:
Yet another Michelle Bachmann thread ?

Dear God.

Why so much bigoted hate for women by you people.
Find me one post in this entire site that criticizes Bachmann solely because she's a woman....you won't find it I bet.

She's criticized because she's a brainless twerp like Palin, not because she's a woman.

Or Santorum (Google it!), or Rand Paul, or Alan West, or Louis Gohmert, or any of the other brainless twerps!

After signing a pledge, part of which asserts that blacks were better off under slavery, we find out that on her “must-read” list is Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee, which includes this passage:

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

The credit for this startling reality must go to the Christian faith.

So, does Michele Bachmann agree with this and if so, is it based on her religious beliefs?

She is a tea party member, what do you expect. Hell, even the black tea party members believe slavery was good, read Star Parker.

After signing a pledge, part of which asserts that blacks were better off under slavery, we find out that on her “must-read” list is Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee, which includes this passage:

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

So, does Michele Bachmann agree with this and if so, is it based on her religious beliefs?

You're a fucking retard.

An entire book and that's all someone else found for you to cry about out of 10 books.

You are a pathetic embarrassment to the human race.
At least I don't defend the ownership of fellow human beings.

You're a fucking retard.

An entire book and that's all someone else found for you to cry about out of 10 books.

She said read the book, not roll over and play dead like democrats.

You're a fucking retard.

but you're apparently too stupid to discern the difference between reading a book and writing it.

shocker

Hmmmm... not ready for another Republican Texas Governor to become President? Since Texas was the one state that added ONE HALF of the total jobs for last year, and every company who can is moving to Texas because of the good business climate, I say that this country NEEDS another Republican Texas Governor to become President. Being from Oklahoma this chokes me almost as much as watching Texas University win another Red River Rivalry, but the truth can be bitter sweet. Perry just might be able to bring this country back... Unless of course, Barry and his ilk haven't completely destroyed us by 2012.

Michelle Bachmann may not get my vote, but I have nothing but respect for her. She talks alot of common sense. I realize that the left doesn't like her (or Palin) because of it. Or maybe they would like her if she looked like Janet Reno? A country ran by Michelle Bachmann would NOT have the same level of ignorance that Barry, Nancy, and Harry have displayed since 2008. My God, I don't think a bus full of lawyers could leave as much slime as those three.
Texas has the weakest Governor and Executive Branch, of all the states.

True story.

Yep...Representative...succesful business woman..who advocates for pork..for her own family's businesses!

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com
Bachmann Farm Subsidies | Rep. Michele Bachmann: She's had her share of government aid - Los Angeles Times

Back in the old days..we'd call these people "crooks".

Today I guess..those young whippersnappers..call them Conservative Republicans!

well then, get your hero Obama to change the friggen law.
Congress changes laws, not the president, dope.

I'm not going to read this entire thread before I post this, but so what. Placing a book on a "must read" list is not an endorsement of the author or the facts presented in the book.

I might place a book on my "must read" list simply because of the points it brings up. I personally do not know why this book is on her list, but I find history especially Civil War History, to be fascinating and if this book discusses General Robert E. Lee in an accurate manner then it might very well be a good book to read.

Immie

Forum List

Back